Author Topic: Spinabolo Pro Mod - Wide Bearing  (Read 8560 times)

Diabolo88

• Donator
Re: Spinabolo Pro Mod - Wide Bearing
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 10:35:18 pm »
if a little bit of dremel work is a lot of cutting and resizing

m3 

^Um so what exactly does this mean? I want to mod my spinablo like this for loopdiabolo but trying it yesterday without any resizing it didn´t work. The Flykit was just a bit too big/thick and the bearing simply locked up. Can anyone explain this mod in detail? Did you do this resizing entirely by hand (dremel only)? If so, how did you measure to get it accurately without bits being to long/short and the bearing working properly? I know next to nothing about bearings or modding in general so any help is much appreciated.

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 12:22:20 am »
didnt you make this thing a while back moff?
can't believe its not butter

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 12:51:32 am »
^Um so what exactly does this mean? I want to mod my spinablo like this for loopdiabolo but trying it yesterday without any resizing it didn´t work. The Flykit was just a bit too big/thick and the bearing simply locked up. Can anyone explain this mod in detail? Did you do this resizing entirely by hand (dremel only)? If so, how did you measure to get it accurately without bits being to long/short and the bearing working properly? I know next to nothing about bearings or modding in general so any help is much appreciated.

What I did was get a sanding tip for dremel (or something) and I sanded half way down the center hole on the cup so that the fly hub will fit because it has a larger diameter closer to the hub than closer to the washer where it fits into the cup. All I did was cut out or sand a little and fit check, sand a little fit check till it fit just right and it doesn't lay flush as you can see in the original pictures so don't worry about that.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 05:40:40 am »
Big thank you Moffett. I´ll go your way (maybe do some marking too just in case). Thanks again :).

Edit: I have done the mod now and it is SO good for loopdiabolo it´s unbelievable. Learnt maybe 10-15 tricks today using it for about 15 mins (different suicides, some yoyostyled slacks and some stringfigures)

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2009, 07:55:51 pm »
I'm glad you understood my directions and got it to work!
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?