Author Topic: Possible Convention in Ellesmere Port  (Read 3245 times)

Llama_Bill

Possible Convention in Ellesmere Port
« on: May 12, 2005, 08:46:05 am »
I am thinking of holding a circus convention in Ellesmere Port after my exams are finished so I was wondering what you would like to see in the convention.  The space is fine as we have 3 full sized indoor basketball courts and a hall the same size as at BCC so space isn’t a problem and we have sound system for the shows.  So my question is what games, workshops, performers and other things would you like to see.  We don’t know a date yet but I’ll make sure no other conventions are on.  It’s just an idea for now so I’d like to know who would think of coming and what they would want to see.

Bill
Bill.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 09:29:37 am »
For those who don't know, Ellesmere Port is in the North West of England, not all that far from Liverpool, Chester and North Wales.

I'd be interested in a convention there as it'd be quite local for me,  but timing is the all important factor.  To pick a date, you could try looking at http://www.jugglingdb.com/events/index.php?country=222 to see what's coming up, and it could be a good idea to post about it here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/uk_jugglers/.

The venue sounds good, which is one of the most important factors.  It's even better if you can get it cheap or free and if food is available nearby.  

Good luck with it!

Llama_Bill

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 10:30:51 am »
We should be able to get it for free or cheap and there will be food available on site and there is a Safeway, chippie and sandwich shops about a 2-minute walk from the site.  The only thing I’d need is people to do works shops and go in the show, as everything else is readily available.  Well I’d also need some people to actually go but there is Barnesy and about 30 people in my school so I’d say I’m just under half way to getting a turn out I’d want.  Can anyone do workshops or enter the show?

Bill
Bill.

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 11:46:10 am »
Date depending, I'd expect to be there. I'm happy to teach workshops on anything you'd like.

Good luck getting things together, we need more conventions :D

Ed

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 02:21:29 pm »
I would Defenately come! :D

Paul

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 07:11:43 pm »
I would come to. Probably with 2-5 others in tow
Peace

Llama_Bill

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 08:56:01 pm »
I’ll be finding out for definite on Wednesday if the convention is on but at the moment it is pencilled in as Saturday 30th July 2005 in Ellesmere Port (Near Chester, Liverpool and Cheshire Oaks) and will cost £8 (not yet confirmed either) to get in and it will be well worth it if the surprise I’m planning come off.  Would this date be bad for anyone because of other conventions going on because from what I know this date is free?  Just in case you want some information about food and banks there will be a tuck-shop, sandwiches and possible a BBQ available on site.  Plus there is a chippie, sandwich shop and Safeway just 2 minute walk up the road and 5 banks, Sayers, Asda, KFC and McDonalds just 10 minute walk up the road. So there is all the food and money (as long as you have all the money you could want actually in your bank account at the time) you could want.  Also there should be my local juggling store there selling their things.

Bill
Bill.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 09:24:08 pm »
I'll repost the reply I jsut made on rec.juggling:

Llama_Bill wrote:
> I’ll be finding out for definite on Wednesday if the convention is on but
> at the moment it is pencilled in as Saturday 30th July 2005 in Ellesmere
> Port (Near Chester, Liverpool and Cheshire Oaks) and will cost £8 (not yet
> confirmed either) to get in and it will be well worth it if the surprise
> I’m planning come off. Would this date be bad for anyone because of other
> conventions going on because from what I know this date is free?

I could certainly make it on that date. But there's some kind of unwritten rule about not having conventions during the summer months, because that's when the pro jugglers are more likely to have gigs. I've often wondered how big a difference that really makes - I think there are a lot of people who would go to conventions at any time of year.

You'd probably be able to get one of the better known traders to come along to the convention if you asked them (or they may ask you).

HTH,
Dave

Llama_Bill

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 10:01:33 pm »
There are no conventions on then so I thought it would be a good time to do it and I'm sure I'll find people to be in the show and as there is no convention close to it I should get a good turn out as most people will be off school and work.  I'll ask around to see if anyone wants to set up stall at the convention.  Would I let them do it for free?

Bill
Bill.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 01:12:52 pm »
Bill you could have told me, I will definatly be there if it happens.
Behind your back is your front.