Author Topic: Creativity discussion  (Read 6587 times)

zwiggelbig

• Donator
Re: Creativity discussion
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 08:55:41 am »
Hey everyone thanks so much! Alot of your responses were so usefull!
And to the qoute of Nev. You are right! If you think of something all by yourself then it doesn't mather it already exists it will keep on satisfying you!

I once figured a continous mini genocide all by myself and I got so happy!

And yesterday I created something all by myself! Its such a stupid trick but that doesn't mather I used my creativity and created something new just by adding a simple thing =)

I'm gonna try to create mistakes on purpose and see what comes from it. And trow more suicides in a trick, a piroute, a extra wrap and see what I'll get out of it.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 07:27:23 pm »
I'm gonna try to create mistakes on purpose
Is it a mistake if it's done on purpose?  ;)
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

PPM

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 11:57:58 am »
About 2 months ago I was able to attend a fantastic lecture about "De La Sérendipité" (Serendipity is the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely.).

I know it's not 100% related with juggling, acctual it was also not real linked with my job but the conntend is/was that great that I would like to share it. Well it's all obvious stuff but mostly we are not aware of it! For me it was a realy good thing to rethink and try to have a look (even if it's only a deeper one) on the unexpected

Here the link to Wikipedia with some future infos about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serendipity
There exsista also a very good book written by Pek van Andel about this topic (unfortuneate only in Frensh at the moment)
De La Sérendipité ; Pek van Andel - Danièle Bourcier ; L'ACT MEM ; ISBN-978-2-35513-018-2

He's telling you not to do mistakes on pourpous (they may be some which you do frecently and don't dedect it (e.g. the Ringer-solution ; the technician made it with tap water insted of distiled water but the scientis thought it was distilled wat. Afterwouds it was discovered, that this solution only perfom that well due to tha fack, that some trace-elements and salts were present)) but try to learn out of your "mistaces"

Well wath i would like to tell you with this post: play around and be open for new and unexpected things. Take those (mistaces drops unhumen moves etc) as chance got get somthing new

(once you get a little more in thouch with thes theme you will see, that a lot of very important discoveries (which a new tirck is as well) were made by accident, systematic errors (unknow at the moment of doing) or even jokes...)

So let's be creative

And yes everyone can be creative

jwockydwb

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 09:57:56 pm »
... more likely to focus on coming up with new tricks over performing.

I'd like to add that somewhere between new tricks and complete routines are also short (or not so short) combos. Even if you don't perform professionally, you likely don't go through a normal practice session if there are friends/family watching, you're going to perform to some degree or another by showing off some tricks and combos. Creativity in combos can be just as rewarding as coming up with 'new tricks', and can even lead to creativity with individual tricks as you learn different ways to handle/perform the trick (ala modifications, as mentioned earlier).

As an aside, I believe that truly new tricks may as well be a myth. Anything you come up with has been done before. All you can hope for is to be the first to document it.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 12:39:33 am »
As an aside, I believe that truly new tricks may as well be a myth. Anything you come up with has been done before. All you can hope for is to be the first to document it.

Nah, I don't personally think that is correct. I feel that plenty of stuff people are coming up with is new, take all the intergrals that came out of last year! Not to mention people getting solid things with 3...
Alex abuses flys!

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 12:29:43 pm »
You can also be creative by just doing your thing with a style that is very distinct(-ive?). But that is just my thought.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

bombmistro

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 10:54:56 pm »
I am the exact opposite I think of trucks that I can't do but I think the physics are there just I am not good enough things like a one handed genocide with bothsticks in one hand
I AM BACK AND HERE TO STAY!!!

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 11:53:42 pm »
For me creativity is key. Its all in the discovering new tricks, doesn't really matter if its been done before, it's still creative providing you didn't know in the first place:)

Strangely i find the genocide with one hand is easier from a whip catch.