Author Topic: New video by Ofek Shilton - 2,3,4,5 diabolos  (Read 8463 times)

Ofek Shilton

• VotW Contributor
New video by Ofek Shilton - 2,3,4,5 diabolos
« on: March 14, 2009, 08:00:24 pm »
Hello !
just uploaded new video...

Ofek Shilton (13 years old) diabolo video

My video blog will be launch soon  :)

Enjoy,
Ofek Shilton
www.OfekShilton.com

GuiZ

Re: New video by Ofek Shilton - 2,3,4,5 diabolos
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 10:06:50 pm »
awesome high tricks.
The day came!I can do 3 diabolos!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 10:52:41 pm »
It was a nice video (nice to see something from you) but it wasn't much new.
Also - the walk in-walk out thing really really annoy me.
Nice 5d though.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 11:31:51 pm »
Insane skills, Great vid. Keep it up!
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 11:41:20 pm »
First of all, I recommend you all go to youtube and download the HD version. 1280x720 at 2000kbps MP4. It's like having Ofek in the room with you! Not sure why the youtube plugin here isn't picking up the HD frame size properly.

Secondly, you look older every time I see you, Ofek! I was just watching the Israel convention video by Schani from when Thomas Dietz was there. You were just a little kid then!

Finally, amazing skills, Ofek, and it's nice to see a bit of a longer video with you in it. I think your 4 high is the same height as my 3 high! Keep Tony scared with your progress on 5 high!

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 11:28:25 am »
very nice high control, but IMO your incredibly long string makes the low tricks look very ugly.
i don't like a 3d shuffle to be above head height.
and the walking thing...

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 05:03:32 pm »
very nice high control, but IMO your incredibly long string makes the low tricks look very ugly.
i don't like a 3d shuffle to be above head height.
and the walking thing...

This exactly.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 08:08:01 pm »
no 4 low?

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 10:53:18 pm »
It was a good video. I really enjoyed watching it. The walking, though took time from the tricks shows a lot of effort, I thought it showed how good you really are, and also adds an underlying theme which unifies the video. The thing that I would try is maybe shortening a string for low. The shuffle looks heavy and difficult, try to make it look light and easy, it adds to the wow factor. But a very nice video, L-kick not quite at tony's standards but not bad acro stuff. Good job overall, I thought it was a great video.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

robbie322

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 01:29:17 am »
Good job wee man. keep tony on his toes!
Making the possible totally impossible

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 01:38:51 pm »
I must say I'm a bit shocked by the critique many have offered on this video.

Um, hello, this is a 13 year old kid who is rocking one of the most solid 4 diabolo patterns on the planet along with 5 diabolos. Shall I repeat that for emphasis? FIVE diabolos. Thirteen years old. That's barely legal on this forum.

He's put some thought into a theme to tie his clips together (the walking in and out thing). I think it goes with the spunky attitude and the "let's go for a walk together" idea. And, might I add, if I had to walk in and out every time I tried to film that kind of stuff I'd still be walkin'... for the rest of my life.

Too bad his string looks long and his 3d low looks high, but, HELLO! the dude's 13 years old, (i.e. he's not that tall and still growing), and he needs a long enough string to run 4 diabolos in it. Plus, I'd say his shuffle is among the truest to Baptiste's - the first asynch 3d shuffle ever - far from ugly. But so what if you think it's ugly... you think after all these years he's just going to take your advice, grow 12 inches, make his string too short for 4d, and lower his shuffle into a pretty Yabe style synch thing? It's like telling someone you think their nose is ugly. It works well for him, there's not much he can do about it, and it's completely subjective in the end anyways.

And finally, Ofek is (at least mainly) still just doing this for fun. So he puts together an edited video (which I might add we haven't see much of Ofek before this way) and released it for (in his own words) you to "enjoy". Did I mention you can download it in HD from youtube? It's like being served a free lunch by the greatest chef in the world and sending it back because you didn't like the way the napkin was folded.

OK. End of rant. Carry on. :)

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 03:41:26 pm »
Maybe I'm just being a contrarian, but I liked the walking. It gave the video personality and little moments of suspense.

And the tricks, of course, are beyond my comprehension.

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 04:32:59 pm »
Sean > I guess it's just that Ofek is a great diabolist, so there's great expectations...

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 04:49:26 pm »
Um, hello, this is a 13 year old kid who is rocking one of the most solid 4 diabolo patterns on the planet along with 5 diabolos. Shall I repeat that for emphasis? FIVE diabolos. Thirteen years old. That's barely legal on this forum.
Tbh the critique that was given has said clearly that his skills are well good.

Plus, I'd say his shuffle is among the truest to Baptiste's - the first asynch 3d shuffle ever - far from ugly. But so what if you think it's ugly...

lower his shuffle into a pretty Yabe style synch thing?
you said yourself that it is all subjective, thats why i put IMO. you however say 'Far from ugly' surely thats contradicting what you go on to say?

and there are plenty of very low, asynch shuffles which i think look a lot better. asynch doesn't mean exactly like baptiste does it?

and also your post is basically saying, this guy is really good and really young so nobody is allowed to constructively criticise him.

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 07:36:22 pm »
Ben, why are you taking things so literally and personally? Come on, Sean's choice of the word 'pretty' is just a means to point out two opposite styles in 3 low. I think we all know what Sean meant by his post.

I think the general idea is that people are spoiled by all those amazing videos and players with awesome skills. As Crackers said, expectations are high. Apparently, that leads to reactions that aren't always that constructive. Because IMO, it's not very constructive to say the shuffle is ugly, ask why he doesn't do 4 low or criticize 'the walking thing' if there are no arguments backing that comment up other than the "it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it" attitude.

Oh, and also, I think this is a very impressive video, thanks a lot for posting it.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong: I'm in favor of opinions! (I have a lot of those myself, both positive and negative.) But I'm also in favor of trying not to hurt people too much while giving these opinions.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 07:42:06 pm »
I dont like it, but i guess i should say i like it because apparantly negative opinions are to be chastised. so, i love the walking thing, and the lack of 1d, and all the siteswps.

i guess i might aswell apologise now aswell. well that was a pointless post.
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Martijn

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 08:19:43 pm »
It's not the fact people criticize the video, it's how they do it. If you can't grasp the difference between destructive and constructive criticism, it's better not to post.

Insane skills Ofek! I too was expecting even more from you, but this is damn impressive for your age, keep it going :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 09:58:58 pm »
I was joking about the 4 low thing.....i wasnt expecting anyone to take it seriously, sorry, i actually really enjoyed this video.

Ofek Shilton

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 11:17:40 pm »
Hey....

in this video i try to make somthing DIFFERENT from the "regular" diabolo video's (the video that i made is  MUCH harder to produce...)

i have many hard tricks that i already taped and  i keep them for my new blog that im gonna launch soon

please wait few days for some REALLY hard tricks...

Ofek

Martijn

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 11:30:09 pm »
Clever way to get us all warmed up! I can't wait to see more :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl