Author Topic: Some of my diabolo videos.  (Read 4704 times)

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
Some of my diabolo videos.
« on: May 18, 2005, 12:52:30 am »
Hey everyone. THis is the first time i posted, and filmed my own video. Well, actaully i filmed it about last week, when I was slightly less talented at diaboloing as I am now. I still am not that good, been diaboloing for about i think three months, but hopefully my one handed monorail will give some of the better diabolists some ideas on cool tricks. Heh, thatll be strange. :roll:  Thank my dad for the video taping, and there was a problem with the light in the back getting in the way.

Well, heres the links. They are in two zipped folders so might help if you had winzip or something, and they are saved as windows media player. Hopefully when I get better, i can get some better tricks to post.

video 1
http://www.rocketsoft.gm-school.uni.cc/uploads/diabolo1.zip

video 2, 3, and 4
http://www.rocketsoft.gm-school.uni.cc/uploads/diabolo2.zip
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

CM

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 01:44:12 am »
Hey just a tip on 2d. Focus on popping up the diabolos with the left hand, it slows down the pattern and makes tricks and whipping much easier :)
Keep up the good work!
YO!

Spink

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 12:24:29 pm »
Nice videos :)

I have just got the 2d shuffle and am trying to learn sprinklers at the moment.

How do you do them?
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

Katari

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 06:21:14 pm »
the only thing tough about sprinklers is having enough speed, at least when you can only do shuffle. you should learn a wrap acceleration at first, because without that, all your sprinklers are surely gonna collapse. i had that problem for a long time, until i figured the problem out :). with the right acceleration you can do double or triple sprinklers as easy.
lalalalalalalalala *smile*

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 10:09:50 am »
I'll admit that I still can't do backwrap every pass (every third is ok, every other only twice and then when I try it again the other flies away).  So I mostly only can do sprinklers at the start where I have the most speed.  I can get back into one if I correct the diabolo and then backwrap hover, but with these Finesse G2s I'm using, I can't seem to get the hover to work anymore.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 11:15:43 am »
Ok... I know people who can do so good shuffle that they don´t need anything else for acceleration (unfonrtunately I´m not one of them...)

I use wrap acceleration (usually every pass or hover) and chinese whips or snaps or what the heck you call them :) I found chinese whips best for me. They´r fast and give lots of speed.

1d I use speed loop (=orbit thursts)  or chinese whips
2d  -||-  chinese whips and wrap accelerations
3d  -||-  mostly every third, couple times I´ve got every pass for 2 in 3d shuffle but I can´t do (at least yet) 3d every pass... Can someone 3d every pass? Like 51 low? Where 5 is just pop up and 1 is wrap?

Sprinklers are and aren´t easy. Triple isn´t easy in any conditions. I can do it almost everytime and first time I did it was almost 1,5years ago but still I say that it ain´t easy trick. The main point is to get the idea how "big" the circles are in different times. Like in triple if you do small single you can´t make it triple. So in triple you have tp do as big single in the beginning as you can, then wait a bit before doing double (dunno why but for me it works nowadays (now I´m using G1s) only so that I give a little time between 1x and 2x sprinkler), or maybe it´s in rigth place and do double. When you have double in you can do triple.

But practise makes perfect, or not maybe perfect but good. :P

I cant watch the videos now but if I member i´ll watch them.