Author Topic: In the local news  (Read 1648 times)

willum89

In the local news
« on: May 11, 2009, 05:14:05 pm »
So the local news asked our group at the University of Texas to do a segment with them and this is what we ended up with. A friend recorded some of it but the entire thing was 6 live shots over the course of 2 hours starting at 6AM. Nothing great but thought I'd share it just to encourage others to share as well, too many videos of amazing tricks all from the same group of pros.

UT Chinese Yo Yo meets News 8 Austin

I apologize if I haven't represented the diabolo community well enough. We still call it Chinese yoyo because it's just what everyone knows it as in Austin, not a whole lot of exposure here in the states.

Simalacrum

Re: In the local news
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 12:40:53 pm »
well, new diaboloists are always welcome ^^

not exactly great diaboling, but hey, its the news, will get a lot more exposure than other vids, so maybe it'll get some people in to the hobby :)

thanks for sharing it with us!

edit: k, I only saw about half of the video and was commenting on the erm, commentator when saying "not great diaboloing" >_< you other guys have pretty good co-operative diaboloing going there though :D I wish I could practice that but I know very few people who do diaboloing other than me and I don't meet them frequently...

its a lonely wooooooorrrld