Author Topic: Eastern Diabolo Style  (Read 6067 times)

Diabolo88

• Donator
Re: Eastern Diabolo Style
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 09:29:41 am »
2009 超級盃  超級男子組

2009超級盃 超級男子組

2009 超級盃  超級男子組

2009超級盃 超級男子組 馬來西亞的代表

Learn insane and borderline unhuman FTS-sequences (watch the ending of the video with the guy in white shirt :o). Unfortunately I don´t know which video it is which since this is from a schoolcomputer.

Hope nothing is spoiled in case the organizers of the event were planning on posting this here. Go in to youtube to see more, loads of amazing vids from that event.

From these vids the "asian style" can be divided more. Taiwan, Malaysia, mainland China... I agree it seems to have evolved a lot more with integrals.

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 11:13:56 am »
I quit...
Amazing, I'd struggle to do most this stuff off stage ...
Defo should be posted on the main forum.

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 11:42:40 am »
2nd video down, 2mins in, for eastern style, include pro cartwheel. x

Martijn

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 11:48:54 am »
That's insane, nuts, crazy! The occasional drop shows they're still human though ;D

My favourite was the last guy, he's got some killer moves up his sleeve.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Dennis

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2009, 02:06:36 pm »
that is so insane.... :o
I consider to quit as well right now... :P

the last guy with the white shirt has some unhuman fts-sequences going on.....it's somewhere around 3:30..

yeah, didn't know that eric's integral seems to have arrived in Asia finally....

edit: and look how time has changed: a few months ago, everyone HAD to use the trapeze start for 3d low, now it seems like only the hover start is ALLOWED.....
hi! :P

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009, 04:24:33 pm »
edit: and look how time has changed: a few months ago, everyone HAD to use the trapeze start for 3d low, now it seems only like the hover start is ALLOWED.....

I'm sure you know, but most of them used trapeze starts because the string was so slippery. Only since they've gotten access to string like Babasche and Henry's have they really been able to do wrap starts.

Arjan

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2009, 05:21:07 pm »
All of them are almost the same, only the hard and creative stuff made them different from each other. The same in the way of the arm streched out to the side when doing 1 hand stuff, or the same 3 diabolo 1 hand stall (which I think is beautifull, but overused allready). But then the new stuff (at least for me) was ****ing awesome, especially the last guy. They are brutal in their skills, but that's like their stereotype right? When is one of these boy's going to touch my soul? Not even going to New York will make any of these guy's arty-farty enough for western art-culture. But then again, that's probably not what they are going for anyway? All I'm saying is I can't stand these kinds anymore. And what has happend to the proper 3 high run and tricks?

Dennis

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2009, 05:34:47 pm »
@Duncan: yeah, heard about that some time ago...but anyways, the trapeze start has been their culture. ;)

and btw, isn't a normal 3d wrapstart possible with slippery string?..^^
hi! :P

RandomSeaBadger

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2009, 02:12:36 am »
Slightly off topic and @Crackers: Been getting back into Blackadder since mentioning it on here! Forgot how good it was! :-D
To save everyone hassle, my real name's Euan! :D