Author Topic: Australia's Got Talent finals  (Read 17874 times)

nev

• Donator
Re: Australia's Got Talent finals
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 07:50:36 pm »
A saw forum - now that scares me

Yeah tough luck this time mate - first time I've ever actually voted on one of these type shows.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 08:02:37 pm »
You deserved to win, especially over those singers, but still, as you said, you made it into the top 3 of Australia's Got Talent! Thats bloody incredible!
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

nev

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2009, 08:23:31 pm »
you made it into the top 3 of Australia's Got Talent! Thats bloody incredible!
well said
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

ERIK da blue

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2009, 08:34:06 pm »
Well done to you, but still, those singers weren't that good!

How many people can do diabolo like you can? VERY few.
How many people can sing well? millions!

This is why I hate these kinds of shows; they're all a fix. You really did deserve it more than them.
Well done all the same though.
Sideways is rubbish

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 08:35:35 pm »
Oh man. I don't get it. Too often they pick up singers in these competitions. Well i get the reasons all can relate to singing and it's damn easy to change your act just by singing something else once you've got a good voice.

Will you're better than they know. Once we get enough money to fly you to Northern Europe as a guest performer we'll do that. No question about it. Australia is just bloody far away.... :) I for us you are the talent in Australia.   
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Arjan

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 09:16:15 pm »
Thanks to Will for his effort for of all. It was probably a lot of hard work making it all the way to the finals. It's a shame you didn't win, okay, but you got a lot of exposure to the world. I'm pretty sure there is someone out there to approach you because he or she was fascinated by the way you moved you diabolo's around the stage. If not, well I have enjoyed seeing you on stage.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2009, 09:30:50 pm »
Chin up Will, just remember a certain young lady said you were fit

Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2009, 09:38:00 pm »
...a certain young lady...
Best post in this thread.

mykill

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2009, 09:50:39 pm »
awww too bad
but last winners of britain's got talent were a singer and a dancer...

Talent is the gift to do something really well. i dont really think singing or dancing is something as impressive at diabolo-ing anybody can learn it in a second.
you shoulda won it man...
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

Mr.D

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2009, 10:44:05 pm »
You deserve it Will, to bad it didnt go (y)our way :) You have spread the diabolo art, I'm sure, so at least it was good for something right?

Singing is not a "special talent" anymore...

EDIT: Watched the whole all performers-act and at the end, you stood on the top, rising above all the others like on a podium ranking the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place with you on the top. Unfortunatly, no... :-|

And by the way: Why dont the singers apply on the Idol shows, which is for singers, but on this real talentshow?
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2009, 10:50:16 pm »
Like some have already said, excellent job making it to the final three - no small feat. I don't know if Tony Frebourg got that far when he did the France version of the got talent series. Hope you're proud of that achievement at the very least, and it's good publicity, so you'll hopefully get some gigs out of this.

The Void

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2009, 10:59:25 pm »
Chin up Will, just remember a certain young lady said you were fit

Yeah, a certain young lady who's old enough to be his mother.

The Void
I must play some Jocasta again soon....
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

looby

• Donator
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2009, 11:14:15 pm »
Yeah, a certain young lady who's old enough to be his mother.

Who said that was a bad thing......

:-X
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2009, 12:00:01 am »
Ha, that sucks I hate how to more technical, and more difficult talents that require more time are always shunned and never get as far as the people who sing... there are millions if not billions of singers... but there are probably only thousands of diaboloists... Boo to them... Oh well what prize do you get for 3rd? (I only read the posts, I did not watch the videos)
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2009, 12:48:34 am »
gutted.

well done anyways and yo'll probably be sset for working as a professional:)

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2009, 06:15:48 am »

Talent is the gift to do something really well. i dont really think singing or dancing is something as impressive at diabolo-ing anybody can learn it in a second.
you shoulda won it man...

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with this. Dancing is amazing done well and no one can learn it in a second. However, I do think that Will deserved this one. But third place is pretty darn amazing! Good job!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2009, 06:57:58 am »
Thanks all for the comments! I never expected to win the thing anyway! Spose there'll be no ejc/bjc appearance, at least not a self funded one *subtle hint* ;)

Its a shame that there are so many singers winning these comps but think about this:
The top 8 get a SonyBMG (music) recording contract worth however much Sony deems you to be worth (I don't know how much mine is.)
SonyBMG is run by Simon Cowell - a judge.
The winner was also shown on a popular breakfast TV show as well as radio while everyone else were lead to believe that any publicity without permission was a no-no unless everyone got the same opportunity.
They used the winners song on the ad and also showed his vote number last everytime (leaving him the last thought in your head according to physcologists)
Look at all this publicity Susan Boyle is getting, no doubt she WILL win. Same happened with Paul Potts*.

But all in all, it was an incredibly fun time. and there will be shows to come as a result.

Will you're better than they know. Once we get enough money to fly you to Northern Europe as a guest performer we'll do that. No question about it. Australia is just bloody far away.... :) I for us you are the talent in Australia.
Thank you so much. I'll hold that against you ;) Looks like we'll have to have a mass d.ca meetup in Finland everyone ;)

*I met Paul Potts backstage, turns out he's an absolute idiot and totally full of himself.

William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 08:27:45 am »
Wow Will! Congratulations! I'm always very skeptical about jugglers joining these kinds of shows, because I don't think very highly of the mass audience watching it. I always expect them not to understand and thus not to vote. Australia must be a great country! A singer winning was to be expected, but you getting 3rd place is a great achievement. I was already impressed by your performances, but now I'm also impressed by the Australian audience. Or was it all the international votes from d.ca members that got you so far...? ;)

Anyway, well done, and congratulations again! :)

monkiatzu

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009, 08:30:58 am »
WELL DONE GETTING THAT FAR!
WOW
like u said u wanted to get to the semis, but u went all the way to thrid place? thats awesome!
people dont get how great that is (especially cos ur from tassie [just kidding])
but yea i didnt like how the only 2 singers came 1st and second but yea...(scepticism)
na seriously well done :)
wer all proud of you for representing diaboloing, especially the btb vertax :)
well done and hope to see u in more and more shows :D

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2009, 09:03:14 am »
Top effort Will! AGT sounds kinda screwed up and bias. They never mentioned the Sony deal on the show. I can't believe another singer won, sucks. I think some little girl singer won last year too, who the hell votes for these people? The opera bloke wasn't that great, especially compared to Paul Potts. Both you and Danik were the clear stand outs for me.
Good to see Hamish and Amelia back again, your circus school seems to be producing some talent! Maybe Joe Fisher could try out next year...
I'll give someone $2 if they can get Will over to EJC/BJC this year...you know you want to.