Author Topic: Diabolo shops in Tokyo  (Read 7114 times)

MrBabache

Diabolo shops in Tokyo
« on: May 22, 2005, 05:25:59 pm »
Me and my father are going to Japan this summer and that would be a perfect time to buy a diabolo... Does anyone know a good diabolo shop i Tokyo?

sorry for my asscrappy english

Ed

Diabolo shops in Tokyo
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 05:32:29 pm »
Yes there is try this http://www.jugglingdb.com/vendors/index.php?record=9 This is an amazing shop with great props and something i saw in particular was a video/DVD i had never seen before called complete Diabolo here is a link http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.naranja.co.jp%2F&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&prev=%2Flanguage_tools and i translated it too using google :wink:

Has anyone seen this?

Is it really good?

Can you get it in the u.k anywhere?

Hoop

Diabolo shops in Tokyo
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 05:56:02 pm »
OMG that is so funny to read!  They have another new DVD I want to get ... "Diabolo Gee!"

Chiok

• Donator
Diabolo shops in Tokyo
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 08:58:48 pm »
Diabolo Gee, that's awesome.
And see, the French are deviants when it comes to the work of the impact.

Online translators, good enough for a chuckle.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt_

• Donator
Diabolo shops in Tokyo
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 03:33:28 am »
http://www.naranja.co.jp/ here ya go. i believe Matt Hall knows much more about this, if only he would post sometime.... (come on sensei i know you're going to read this!!)

Ed

Diabolo shops in Tokyo
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 04:27:40 pm »
Yep thats what i put up a bit in this topic but a different link :wink:

Matt_

• Donator
Diabolo shops in Tokyo
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 07:22:41 am »
Quote from: Ed
Yep thats what i put up a bit in this topic but a different link :wink:

aw crap i didnt even look :p

well anyway i recommend that guy, i met him and he is hilarious, he even speaks some good english too!

trash

Diabolo shops in Tokyo
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 12:58:15 pm »
His name is 'MASSA' (Or something like that) and you could see him doing footbag tricks in my video 'Las Vegas' (you have to search in the forum to find the link again).

wes

• VotW Contributor
Diabolo shops in Tokyo
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 01:15:08 pm »
NARANJA is one of the biggest juggling shop in Japan. I often buy some props from them on the Internet (in fact I've never been to NARANJA). But I guarantee that you will be satisfied with floods of props and its quality in Naranja.
Also, as Ed said, you can buy 'Complete Diabolo' which is the eduational VHS video of diabolo including Ryo Yabe as instructor. But it has only NTSC version, so you may not be able to watch it if you adopt PAL in Sweden..

Anyway I hope fariu or other Japanese diabolists (and of course Matt Hall) write about naranja in detail :)

Hoop

Diabolo shops in Tokyo
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 03:43:00 pm »
Okay, the description of the Complete Diabolo is hilarious ...

It is the video which is due to the diabolo master 4, explains everything of the diabolo. You select from the midst of the Japanese boys who and give impact to the diabolo boundary of the world and others the れ is immediately 4 superhumans, from method of tieing the ヒモ to three diabolos, numerous original skill mixing, you have explained.
Very many skills (223! And, the demonstration and the like where the performer becomes gorgeous it is supplied over 85 minute thing long hours, it is the volume perfect score. The て て where all skills are system it is explained, especially spending time politely, it introduces the various points which become the wall in addition for, beginner such as rudiments of acceleration and 2 diabolos. The numbers of the transcendent technical skill which used demonstration and especially the two diabolos which were put between the section necessary are seeing.
From the method where " will begin the diabolo from this ", professional one, 1 we would like to have seeing by all means is even in the person who in addition does not have interest in the diabolo. The ultimate diabolo video which the ナランハ dispatches to the world, that is the " complete * diabolo ". Also the recording skill list together viewing.   :lol:  :lol:
But what I want to know is, is the video this funny too?  I want to see the 4 superhumans become gorgeous!   :lol:   As long as they do it politely!  Is it good Wes?

Matt

• VotW Contributor
Diabolo Shops in Tokyo
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 04:53:38 pm »
Okay, okay....I give in.  

Here's the deal:  Masaaki Shigeoka and Jun Ichiro Nakashima (manager) are the two names I associate with Naranja (or Naranha in Japanese or Orange in Spanish).  They are passionate about juggling, even sending out a monthly e-mail newsletter of sorts promoting different products and reporting on various events and affairs in the juggling world.  Of course, it's all in Japanese but it's very cool.  I actually printed out and kept a copy of their report on last summer's IJA Buffalo festival.  Good stuff.  I've ordered from them as well and always found their services to be quick and professional.  

Jun-san asked me recently to assist with some translation for the Complete Diabolo DVD, so my assumption is that it will be produced and sold as an English version.  I hope I'm not spilling the beans here--the translation's done.  When the DVD does come out, I would highly recommend it to any diabolist.  I still watch my copy from time to time.  Remember, I don't work for them and I don't make a dime on sales of the DVD.  I'm just saying it's a cool video.  The DVD version will be better because you can jump around past the string-climb tutorial to some other section.  

I've never been to the shop either, but if I can get over to the JJF one of these years (hint...hint...), then I will definitely make a pilgrimage to the mecca of Japanese juggling.  

Respect to Jun-san and Masaaki-san!
Many Thanks to Sean for all his work and inspiration.  Respect to the MFP!

wes

• VotW Contributor
Diabolo shops in Tokyo
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 05:42:08 pm »
Haha, nice and funny translation, Hoop :lol:  Translation is very funny but Complete Diabolo is very polite video. Superhands diabolists are in it. You can learn lots of tricks from begginers to masters level. And all tricks are explained in detail except their freestyles. It helps many Japanese diabolists very well, including me :wink:  When Complete Diabolo English DVD are released and you see it, you're satisfied with it. I believe.

Thank you Matt Hall on the latest news in spite of your busyness! I'm very happy because Complete Diabolo may be translated into English so that everyone in the world can see it and learn from it. :D

Hoop

Diabolo shops in Tokyo
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 06:11:33 pm »
Matt, that is awesome news!  I was going to purchase the Japanese video, but I will wait on the English DVD.  Is there a lot of cross-over from Diabology, or some new/different material?  Please tell me your translations are as wacky as the google translator.  :)

Wes, I didn't translate it, it was google.  Ed posted the link for that.  I wish my Japanese was that good!  By the way, where are the better diabolo players, Tokyo or Sapporo?   :wink: