Author Topic: sundia fly  (Read 4414 times)

bums3n

sundia fly
« on: May 03, 2009, 07:07:18 pm »
Hello. Ive just bought a sundia fly from firetoys! But after 3 weeks something happend. My axles starts to say annoying sounds and turn to a fixed axle.. i rotates both ways, but i bought it as a 1 way ball bearing axle? Please help what should i do?  :-[
Everytime you read this, i have a new good 3d attempt.

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: sundia fly
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 01:59:12 pm »
Just to clairfy, your Fly started out as a bearing axle, but now acts as a fixed? Have you tightened the cups too tightly, by chance? I seem to recall being able to tighten it so that it prevented the axle from working. If so, then all you would have to do is loosen the cups, and the bearing will have the space from the cup needed to work properly again.
If it's a different problem, you might have to explain the how the situation happened a bit more (drop it from a high throw; threw it at your neighbours dog; etc). Then we might be able to give better advice.

bums3n

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 06:44:37 am »
thanks duncan i will try to do that. but ive got a blue sundia fly and then the axle just turned in to a fixed then i got a new and the same is happening. i also got a green sundia fly but NO problems there.

Mr.D

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 11:34:55 pm »
I have two flys, one green one blue, but I haven't touched any of the bolts or nuts and they are totally fine, they both work great. Just to clarify that it's not the colours ;)
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

aaro

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 12:57:48 am »
NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 06:27:10 am »
NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts.

And straight to my sig!
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

bums3n

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 06:39:05 am »
but i will try to buy a new one and see how its going.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 08:08:07 am »
Or you could give us more details and try and figure this out since they are almost surely not broken.
-it started making noises
-it became fixed & it slips both ways? huh?

What have you tried? How is it put together? Photos of how it's put together? There are many people here who could offer you great help, but not with that kind of description.

Funty

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 01:47:59 pm »
silly question but are you sure they're flys and not the pheonix or spinabolo?

have you twisted the cups?

bums3n

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 06:37:49 pm »
yes i am... but doesent matter ive just bought a new one i will post a topic if i get any problems again. thanks guys.

Bizzat1

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 10:44:13 am »
Well I guess throwing money at a problem is one way to fix it.

bums3n

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 05:51:36 pm »
today, my green one also started to, say high sounds and i can rotate it both ways. it just happend. should i stop playing outside? should i stop rotate the axle to try see if its work? william how long have you got yours have you got any problems?

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 07:39:31 pm »
don't use it outside on concrete. it really wrecks it, have you been using it on concrete?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 11:14:31 pm »
I've had mine since the beginning... what's that? A few years? I've never had any problems. You don't often hear of people having problems with the axles, so it's highly unlikely that all 3 of yours are bad. It's much more likely that you're putting them together a bit incorrectly.

Unfortunately, our mind reading skills are rusty today, so, unless you are going to take detailed photos or write a detailed description, I'm not sure there's a lot we can help you with from afar.

(Actually I can help you from afar - just buy all 3 of mine. :) )

Who did you buy them from? You could also contact him/her/them.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 08:35:13 am »
I think he said it was from Firetoys. The problems sounds pretty weird, i've tested over 70 fly's now and they all have worked just fine. And i haven't heard anything alike that before. Are you sure you didn't buy fixed axle fly's in the first place?

Now that i think of it i might have experienced one slip on bearing before. When having really fast speeds and hitting more speed. But that was fast and has not happened since. I didn't see it as a problem because it happened only once...
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

bums3n

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 11:14:52 am »
yes its from firetoys. now in like 3 days my new sundia fly bearing axle from firetoys is coming. if i got any problems again. i will take detailed pics and videos! thanks guys!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 02:57:22 pm »
yes its from firetoys
Right, missed that the first time. There's your first problem: If you buy from the messiah, the messiah takes care of you. ;)

Nothing more to say really. Your other diabolos are almost surely just fine. These axles are very high quality and don't usually just stop working. I'd look into it more.

bums3n

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 11:42:54 am »
sean i dont understand? so i just have to buy from diabolomoves? but whats my problem why does the axle stop working?

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 03:59:18 pm »
How about you re-read the thread before you post another useless comment. People have told you possible reasons of why it wouldn't be working, you've already said what they've said is the case, which it most likely is and you probably just haven't tried it. Even if you tried it you haven't posted pictures or even a very detailed description of what is wrong, so how the heck is anyone mean to be able to tell you what is wrong with the axle?

And no you don't have to buy from diabolo moves, its just the better idea, its the best site for taiwanesse diabolos.
Alex abuses flys!