Author Topic: NEW Sundia Triple Bearing "Shining" Diabolo  (Read 40425 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Re: NEW Sundia Triple Bearing "Shining" Diabolo
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2009, 06:15:48 pm »
The black axle (teflon coated) comes in the regular Fly/Sun width and the Shining width.

I wouldn't suggest learning 3 with 3 bearing axles of any kind. (1) It's hard enough already. (2) There are all sorts of subtle things you need to learn to be able to shuffle with diabolos and have them speed up. I'm sure you could learn 3 with 3 non-bearing Shinings just fine.

I like the black axles a lot, especially with bearings, but keep in mind that they are more slippery. Once your string gets so old you're about to throw it away, that's when it's perfect for these axles. They feel a bit softer and smoother on the string. But try using new Henrys yellow string with them and it can be like using dental floss on an axle covered in butter. You gotta like that feeling or use rougher string. I have a black axle on a Sun that I use only for 1 diabolo stuff and I have 2 bearing Shining diabolos with the black axles. Love them for those purposes.

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2009, 09:14:41 pm »
Thanks Sean, that's most helpful.

I feel a bit conflicted with where to go though because I've been learning 3 now for 18 months with bearing fly's and I'm wondering if that's why it's taking me so long on the basis of what you're saying. In fact I've only gone up from 12 to a record of 17 ott's all year. I put this down perhaps to not putting in enough time but then again you may well have "hit the nail on the head."

Perhaps the way forward is to go fixed for 3 and keep my Fly's for the slacks etc. In an ideal financial world I'd certainly get 2 Shining bearings and 3 fixed!

Apologies for going a bit off topic on this one but if I were to revert to fixed for 3, would fixed Shinings be the way foward or Tiabolos?

Regarding the black axle point, I like 2d slacks as well as 1d and also I like to feel friction on new string asap so probably not for me.

Thanks again Sean.

ecuador16

« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2009, 10:11:04 pm »
Jem, you really need to stop learning with bearing, to be hones ive only seen two people just do 3 with them much less learn with them,

I've tried learning 3d with both bearings and fixed axles, i tried bearing just to fool around and they made everything ten times harder

get some fixed axles and your progress will be much better

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2009, 10:39:28 pm »
I find it insanely hard to run 3D on bearings. I wouldnt advice anyone to try and learn 3 on bearings. They just dont seem to respond to left hand lifting, making async near impossible unless you keep up a really aggressive left hand motion which is very tiring. So the only way to go really with bearings is sync, but again the left hand lifting just doesnt do alot so you have to be really violent with your right hand and time it just right to keep the pattern stable and i find it always looks really ugly. I struggle to get more than 50 catches on bearings and never managed any tricks not even a 42 cause i cant get them to respond to my left hand.
So Jem get yourself some fixed diabs, im sure then you'll crack it in no time at all.

4leek24

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2009, 02:14:54 am »
i learned 3d a couple months ago, and im already up to 30 ott. and this is with one fly, one triple bearing, and on 255 gram sun. the only drwback of multiple diabolos with bearings is that it doesnt shuffle itself as well, so i guess it is harder.

Jem

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2009, 12:04:10 pm »
Thanks guys.

Dodson - that's really helpful, I think I'm going to have to move forward with this and revert back to fixed - just for 3 of course :-)

christoi

« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2009, 03:22:18 pm »
Nev, I'm getting a triple bearing sundia shining for Christmas but I cannot get it to send to Ireland. I checked it on firetoys but it's out of stock.
Can I get it somewhere else online? I really want one.

Thanks
Chris

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2009, 03:55:42 pm »
I checked it on firetoys but it's out of stock.

Am I reading right that you checked Firetoys but not the Messiah himself?

http://www.diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/store/comersus_listItems.asp?idCategory=83

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2009, 06:00:58 pm »
I checked it on firetoys but it's out of stock.

Blasphemy  :o
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

christoi

« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2009, 07:41:05 pm »
Am I reading right that you checked Firetoys but not the Messiah himself?

http://www.diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/store/comersus_listItems.asp?idCategory=83

sorry I forgot to mention the fact that it I checked diabolomoves.co.uk but it doesn't send to Ireland.

Thanks
Chris

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2009, 10:57:05 pm »
sorry I forgot to mention the fact that it I checked diabolomoves.co.uk but it doesn't send to Ireland.
Uh, really?

I highly doubt that Nev ships everywhere in the world except Ireland. I could be wrong though. Nev is http://diabolomoves.co.uk, so if you have any questions why don't you just ask him?

Right on the main page of diabolomoves, Nev writes:
We also ship to Europe and the rest of the world

nev

• Donator
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2009, 08:43:17 pm »

Yes I ship to Ireland - just select it from the list
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2009, 12:26:32 am »
Nev, I'd like 3 red Sundia Shining diabolos shipped to the Heard and McDonald Islands. Can you do rush delivery?

TheSamster

Sundia Shining Triple Bearing
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2010, 03:40:35 pm »
Hi

What is a triple bearing and is it any different to say, a normal bearing :o? I just got a sundia shining (which is brilliant :-D) but I was wondering if there was any special thing I can do with it?

Thanks

Sam
Beware the deadly donkey

finesse

« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2010, 07:48:15 pm »
The triple bearing has longer spin time and runs much more quiet than a normal bearing.
I guess you could have it to spin longer, but i think that`s the only advantage of a triple bearing, besides from less noise.
Hope this answers your question.

Max.L

« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2010, 05:30:37 pm »
Hello I have break my sundia triple bearing, and I want know if there are solution for repear it ( buy/change the break part) or if it is necessary to buy an other one ?

sorry for my english ^^.

finesse

« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2010, 08:35:15 pm »
Which part broke?
The axle?
Think nev can answer this one a bit better than me, though.

Max.L

« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2010, 02:37:38 pm »
It is the axle.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2010, 03:36:21 pm »
Hold on - don't give us all the details at once! That would be too easy. [end sarcasm]

Without more details (and assuming you need to replace the axle, which without any details I have no idea) you could contact whomever you bought it from or Nev ( http://www.diabolomoves.co.uk/ ) except that he's on holidays until June 14th.

Max.L

« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2010, 07:58:18 pm »
Ok thank you for the information.
I will send a mail to him.