Author Topic: NEW Sundia Triple Bearing "Shining" Diabolo  (Read 39911 times)

2d_Dima

Re: NEW SUNDIA FLY - Triple Bearing Fly Diabolo
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2009, 03:55:56 am »
I'll soon be finished with a new video which uses the new sundias, and I have to say I love 'em!
Dima Ilushin

Diabolique

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2009, 03:23:23 pm »
is the 3 bearings all in the hubs or axle or something completely different because i was wondering if i could buy just the thing with the bearings then use my own cups/washers ect...
ninja!:

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2009, 08:10:28 am »
There they are. Go crazy ;)

http://diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/store/comersus_listItems.asp?idCategory=76

The soft rubber version is pretty interesting ;)
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2009, 12:49:14 pm »
really sorry if has already been discused, but can you get hte axle in the ally/teflon coated? thanks

Mofro

**** fixed and bring on the slack!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2009, 02:29:43 pm »
http://diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/store/comersus_listItems.asp?idCategory=76
Wow. I think I've died and gone to heaven. Those are gorgeous. Got to try out Duncan's prototype version last weekend. They're incredible. Can't wait for more pictures, Nev. Definitely ordering one.

mofro - not sure what you mean. The triple bearing diabolos all come with the teflon coated axles. You can buy teflon coated axles separately, but they're the regular axle width non-triple version. Perhaps eventually those will be available separately too.

Nev, do the cups on the the clear (shining) and marbled versions feel the same?

Simalacrum

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2009, 04:52:15 pm »
D: just saw the link, those look AMAZING! Nev, I was saving up for an iPod Touch but damn you these are just too darn tempting I've got to get some!!!

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2009, 05:37:32 pm »
mofro - not sure what you mean. The triple bearing diabolos all come with the teflon coated axles. You can buy teflon coated axles separately, but they're the regular axle width non-triple version. Perhaps eventually those will be available separately too.
That answerd my question, ill be hitting that thanks button. :)

Mofro

nev

• Donator
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2009, 12:35:11 am »
Josh - The original sample ones I got had the teflon treatment - I assumed they'd all be this way, but the ones I have in stock now are the regular silver metal type (15g heavier) - for most people who own fly's already this is ideal as its just the same feel and weight, but I do prefer the slippy black axles and lighter weight myself.

Needless to say I'll be getting some of the black axles in stock pretty soon

Sean - All the cups feel like they are from the same material (semi-soft rubbery) - definitely Sun type material as opposed to Fly

Marko - jeez that was fast spotting - do you ever sleep?
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

mofro

• Donator
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2009, 02:43:15 am »
^ Thanks Nev will be first one to get a pair when i can get the light wright ones become available to us general public.

Mofro

nev

• Donator
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2009, 08:02:47 pm »
I just finished adding some better pictures to the shop  :).

I forgot to mention as well - all my stock of regular Fly's are currently being shipped with a free upgrade to the new carbon fiber washers as well.

And the coloured crystal suns (full weight) are also in stock.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2009, 08:30:21 pm »
As someone on the forum already pointed out: "diabolo is becoming more like yoyo". So many new toys this year (I´m in love with my triple bearing one-sided already) :o. Great that the materials seem to have been improved too for outside use.

Are the new 3xb shinings possible to put the old fly parts on (in case you want to play fixed outside with better cups) or can you fix them in some way similar?

Oh and lastly, the marblecolors look awesome. Will they come in all the colors like the pre-releases too or just the four current ones?

nev

• Donator
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2009, 09:29:34 pm »
Yes they are compatable with the standard fly parts - so yes you can put the fly fixed axle kit on.

Just the 4 marble colours are available for now, but I'm sure more will be released in the future.

wgm

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2009, 03:51:44 am »
are the old flys going down in price?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2009, 04:22:29 am »
I doubt it considering (1) the original flys are already quite a bit cheaper than the triple-bearing variety and (2) Nev is upgrading the original flys with carbon washers at no extra cost. The carbon washers aren't cheap.

logoman04

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2009, 12:35:05 am »
I looked on the site...where have the tiabolos gone??
The entire world will die in the time of one day the reason being...o_O 3D O_o!!

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2009, 12:36:38 am »
From nevs msg to me:

They are in the "Other Stuff" Section for the time being whilst I revamp the layout.

http://www.diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/store/comersus_listOneCategory.asp?idCategory=79

logoman04

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2009, 12:37:08 am »
Never mind. I found them. :D sorry
The entire world will die in the time of one day the reason being...o_O 3D O_o!!

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
Re: NEW Sundia Triple Bearing "Shining" Diabolo
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2009, 09:57:30 pm »
it would be perfec if sundias´d have soft cups like h.circus,finesse or similar!I think that the unique bug is that it have cups which break easily

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2009, 12:16:15 am »
The Shining diabolo does have softer cups - closer to the Sun material.

Anyone else astounded by how fast these things are getting bought up? And I thought there was no market for diabolos. This is a £44.00 diabolo (double the cost of some diabolos!) selling like there's no tomorrow. For good reason I might add. Glad we can reward the companies that make quality innovative products and the distributors who carry them at fair prices. Got to get my order in soon...

nev

• Donator
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2009, 11:12:28 am »
it would be perfec if sundias´d have soft cups like h.circus,finesse or similar!I think that the unique bug is that it have cups which break easily

Which Sundia diabolos are you talking about exactly?  Yes the Fly diabolo has harder plastic cups but its the only one and that is for good reason.  Bearing diabolos spin much faster so have always needed rigid cups otherwise they tend to wobble uncontrollably at high speed (anyone who tried the soft spinab jumbos will attest to this).  Even so I would not say they break easily - scratch yes.

The Sundia Suns have softer rubbery cups and certainly don't break easily.

And the new Shining has the softer rubbery cups as well even though it is a bearing diabolo - they designed it with strengthening rings near the edges so it is still rigid enough at the rims to avoid the problem of wobbles at high speeds.

The shining cups stand up much much better that the fly cups over concrete etc.