Author Topic: Hurting and Breaking (spectators or equipment)  (Read 9568 times)

Hoop

Hurting and Breaking (spectators or equipment)
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2005, 06:53:47 pm »
Sean with the line, a few weeks ago my diabolo cut my upper eye lid. The side of a spinabolo cup just buzz-sawed right into it.  It hurt! :cry:

Mattias

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2005, 07:00:38 pm »
Quote from: David LH
Quote from: Mattias
excalibur with a fire diabolo?

god i wish you hadn't said that!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonna have to try that next time i am at the club when we have the fire kit out. will film it hehe because it might be a one time only trick  :wink:

Doing that infront of an audience would surely beat passing round-edged knifes around someones head. this way the whole audience have a chance to experience the true fear of juggling.

Yay, go for it.
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Jester

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2005, 04:14:49 am »
wow my hurting the audiance forum was more populur than i thought it would be  :lol:

in terms of damage i reckon an umbrella could be up there in the most dangerous moves and now that i think about it Excalibur Genocide to the face or round the neck to a choke hold ( sounds like a mortal combat move)

i remember whgen i was first learning genocides and then throwing up the infinte i ended up with some crazy stuff like i'd throw the pattern in the air and both sticks would wrap up round the diabolo tranferring the anguler momentum of a 2.5 meter pattern to a 2 foot one. visulaise a one of those spinning ninga stars but coming down above ur head  :shock:

i got out of the way ok

( but i wish i'd somehow caught it, got out of it, and filmed it)
do it, do it ,do it, DO IT!

lemony

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2005, 11:38:30 am »
hmmm... well the worst i've done was about erm... 10 minutes ago, i managed to genocide my friend in the testicles (hard enough for him to squeal like a pig) and in one smooth motion catch the string, try to throw it round the axle to unwrap only to have it wrap up and tie itself to my index finger tightly enough that i had to cut it off with my penknife.... oh the hilarity that caused amongst the rest of the people watching.

I think a garotte with a fire diabolo sounds almost as scary from the performers point of view as the excalibur.
The diabolo wiki please contribute in any way you can.

Spink

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2005, 12:43:49 pm »
Quote from: lemony
hmmm... well the worst i've done was about erm... 10 minutes ago, i managed to genocide my friend in the testicles (hard enough for him to squeal like a pig)

:lol:  :twisted:  :lol:

That sounds brilliant.

Séan_, you took one in the eye like a true champ  :wink:
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

mrpink

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2005, 03:03:03 pm »
and in one smooth motion catch the string, try to throw it round the axle to unwrap only to have it wrap up and tie itself to my index finger tightly enough that i had to cut it off with my penknife....

If you hurry to the hospital they migth be able to put it back for you...

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2005, 03:22:42 pm »
Quote from: mrpink
...tie itself to my index finger tightly enough that i had to cut it off with my penknife....
If you hurry to the hospital they migth be able to put it back for you...
hahaha ;)

lemony

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2005, 04:27:43 pm »
hahahaha... although anyone who's met me would probably be stunned that i managed to free myself without doing major damage in the process
The diabolo wiki please contribute in any way you can.

korppu

Hurting myself
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2005, 11:23:04 am »
Once I had my circus spinning on my face, and it ripped my eye out. or at least almost, it was spinning right next to my eye. damn that hurt, it left a wound

mitchelljuggles

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2005, 01:24:51 am »
I gave the old mouthstick grind a go.... well, lets just say it sounded easy enough in theory.  It really smarted. my friends got a good laugh out of it so it wasnt all a waste of time.  it looked good once i finally got the trick, even if i could only see out of one eye by that stage.   :wink:  
some times you have to bleed for your art...

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2005, 08:24:26 pm »
The neck trampoline.  Could never get that trick to work well, when I started using Harlequins, it always bounced into my face.  Now I daren't try the trick with anything really.  Seemed like such a cool trick...

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills