Author Topic: Twitter profile field  (Read 8333 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Twitter profile field
« on: June 07, 2009, 05:51:44 am »
Just added a Twitter profile field. Go to your profile and add it if you'd like. It will show up beside the MSN and AIM logos in your profile box.

Personally, I still don't really get Twitter, but it is quickly taking over the world...

Martijn

Re: Twitter profile field
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 01:03:57 am »
Thanks for the add!

It seems like the image doesn't work though, have a look: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=4

I'd like to suggest YouTube, Vimeo and perhaps something like Myspace etc. fields for user profiles?
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 01:40:52 am »
It works - just not in the Vogue theme. ;) I'll copy the image over to the Vogue folder.

Speaking of Twitter, I've created a Diabolo.ca account: http://twitter.com/diabolo_dot_ca

I just haven't entirely decided how I want to use it yet. Suggestions welcome. Could use it to notify about VotW, great videos, technical issues with the site...

About the other fields, I don't believe there's a mod that does all those, but there is a mod to create extra fields. I might be able to do it that way.

Edit - Martijn - it's all in Dutch!!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 05:17:40 am »
I'd like to suggest YouTube, Vimeo...
Your wish is my command. I had to create my own mods based on the Twitter mod though. We'll have to see how well I can sustain this over the long haul. I'll give this a day or so of testing by you keeners and then give it it's own thread to make sure people see it.

Also added another field that shows up only in a user's profile: Favourite gear. Again test it out and I'll make a larger announcement shortly.

Vyckinis

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 08:48:26 am »
and what about myspace?? ::)

Martijn

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 12:29:43 pm »
Cheers Sean! Now I think about it, a JTV field would be suited as well... ;D

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 12:49:57 pm »
Vimeo and Youtube is defo something great to have.
I have Twitter but I don't really get "it"

Martijn

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 01:24:29 pm »
For me it's just something to have fun with, making jokes with my friends. I don't take it as serious as some people do :P

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 02:27:14 pm »
I didn't get it until I started following a bunch of people that post interesting stuff. Mostly people and groups whose RSS feeds I follow and then some of their favourite Twitterers. Still not posting myself, but we'll see about that.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 02:58:34 am »
Just added Juggling.tv to the profile fields.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 03:39:59 am »
I've removed these temporarily. I'm going to switch how these are stored in the database for future compatibility and ease of updating (i.e. use the new built in profile field options). In the meantime I don't want anyone to add a new profile link, otherwise it won't get transfered over.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 05:16:45 am »
And with that I declare my undying love for SQL. It's all back up and running. Take a look at your profile page if you want to add or change anything. Juggling.tv, Youtube, Vimeo, Twitter. I still might take them out from under the profile images on the thread pages. I find them a bit distracting. Not sure yet. At least we now have that kind of flexibility.

Any other ideas for profile fields? They don't have to show up on the thread page -- could just be in the profile page like the "favourite gear" one. They can be text or links. I'll entertain the idea of anything but a myspace link.  :)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 11:50:38 am »
Facebook? Google wave?

The whole social networking thing has taken off, so a Facebook field might be useful.
Behind your back is your front.

Martijn

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 03:22:51 pm »
The whole social networking thing has taken off, so a Facebook field might be useful.

Yup, I agree. Facebook is a nice way to keep the community close outside the forum :)

I'd wait a bit with Google Wave though.

Sam 1060

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 03:33:02 pm »
Just thought I would post here for mediaboy you was saying you would work on one

Mediaboy13

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 10:39:08 am »
Just thought I would post here for mediaboy you was saying you would work on one
Thanks Sam  :)
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

The Void

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 01:20:11 pm »
These seem to have disappeared.... ?
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees