Author Topic: Requisting tips for second movie  (Read 2029 times)

zwiggelbig

• Donator
Requisting tips for second movie
« on: June 07, 2009, 03:01:39 pm »
Hey all! About 2 years ago I created my first diabolo movie.

Diabolo Freestylo

Now I'm gonna push myself to create my second one! But my biggest problem of creating one is that I am not capable of doing really cool creative stuff nobody else can do or just sick hard tricks.. But the things I can do is quality  :) So its both for this community and my friends and such.

Now I was wondernig if you could give me some tips and advice of what I can do better to get a nicer video thats verry enjoyable to watch if its just gonna be Trick - > new clip  -> Trick.

Thanks all!

Ramon

Vyckinis

Re: Requisting tips for second movie
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 04:48:11 pm »
first - you have get rid of that hat...(i think)

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 06:35:56 pm »
first - you have get rid of that hat...(i think)

Hehe the reason of the hat was because I had my hair painted blue and it turned grey at that time.. And any tips about how to make the easy normal tricks look kinda joyable to watch for jugglers =)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 06:52:30 pm »
OK, some ideas. Take them or leave them, but I think they are all important to consider:
-skip the default bright blue intro title screens
-skip the fancy transitions - stick to straight cuts, and perhaps short cross-fades and fades to black or white
-use slow motion sparingly
-see if you can pick a song that isn't associated strongly with something else yet
-always finish your tricks cleanly
-spend as little time as possible accelerating the diabolo on camera
-try and avoid repetition - better to have a great short video than a long repetitious one
-vary your backgrounds and your shooting angles
-if you really want to make it stand out, time your diaboloing and video cuts to the music (best yet, know what music you're going to use before you film it)
-try and avoid 2 minutes of black video at the end ;)
-Read Martijn's excellent post on audiovisual design!!!

And finally:
what I can do better to get a nicer video thats very enjoyable to watch if its just gonna be Trick - > new clip  -> Trick.
Don't make it just a video that goes from trick to trick to trick! Perhaps you want to tie it together with a theme? Perhaps you can set the mood or tell a story through some other clips (setting up, walking somewhere, the scenery...). Watch some of the videos you consider "good" videos and you'll get some ideas. (Looking for ideas?) Are you a guy putting on his headphones, tuning out the world, blasting some music, and jamming around the city (The Tune)? Are you 2 guys tearing up playgrounds while being haunted by a bright yellow beach ball with a smiley face that hides in strange places everywhere you go (Smile)? Are you 2 shoe obsessed dudes in the 'hood rocking out sick tricks in cool places (The 5th Element)? The list goes on and on...

Think about it, plan it, and then do it!

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 05:23:56 pm »
SEAN! Yur so the best!!! I hope you know that! Really thanks Sean!

I knew all those things in the backside of my head but you awakend them!

I'm gonna try to borrow a good camera from somebody! And I will try to think of a theme.. Maybe just cool, stupid, weird locations will do the trick =)