Author Topic: Anybody live in Houston, TX?????  (Read 2223 times)

bourgeois.jason

Anybody live in Houston, TX?????
« on: June 17, 2009, 05:59:44 pm »
Guys, I started learning diabolo in south Louisiana and moved to Houston three years ago.  Besides one girl I went to college with who was from Tiawan, I have never met anyone who could do more than basic tricks.  I'm teaching some kids at my apartment complex, but I need someone I can learn from.  If anyone lives in or around Houston, please let me know.  Maybe we can start a team.

Thanks,

Jason

bourgeois.jason

Re: Anybody live in Houston, TX?????
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 04:06:10 pm »
Seriously, guys.  Does anyone live in Houston???  If you don't, do you know of anyone who does?

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 04:40:54 pm »
Seriously, guys.  Does anyone live in Houston???

According to the last census, approximately 2.2 million people live in Houston (see here)

So, question answered?

As for juggly stuff, have you checked IJDB for groups? There are a few in Texas, but this is the only one I've found for Houston: Antigravity Research Club

bourgeois.jason

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 09:57:46 pm »
OK Duncan, you got me there.   :-D  I should have worded the question differently.

Yes, I searched high and low for diaboloists.  The only thing I could find was a couple of outdated listings on the internet.  Any attempt to call or contact the individuals was futile.

I guess I'll just keep practicing and teaching others.

Thanks,
Jason

The Void

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 10:08:32 pm »
Did you find this thread on rec.juggling? Click "full plain text message" for Jeff's email address, if you want to contact him.

The Void
One click wonder
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

Egad!

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 10:13:22 am »
This is byfar the most annoying thing for me. I live in the milwaukee area and there are no juggling clubs/conventions anywhere near me
Pickles are cucumbers in their ultimate form!

bourgeois.jason

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 08:46:49 pm »
Thank you, The Void, for the thread.  I emailed the guy but haven't heard back.

Egad!, you're right.  I would've just thought that with a couple million people around Houston, someone would diabolo.  I guess the only thing we can do is teach others and learn the best we can from this forum and conventions.

Thanks,

Jason

Egad!

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 07:47:20 am »
Absolutly no conventions near me and im 13 so its not like my parents would take me to one but if you hear of any in the midwest states around wisconsin, let me know.
Pickles are cucumbers in their ultimate form!