Author Topic: EJC 2009 Vitoria (Spain)  (Read 17447 times)

Jakob

Re: EJC 2009 Vitoria (Spain)
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2009, 03:44:41 am »
The hall with high ceiling is not available.
It is a bit windy, (actually pretty cold at night)
//Jakob

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2009, 04:10:44 am »
Martijn, Jakob, somebody, anybody! Throw us something. Give us some details. Let us know how it's going!

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2009, 11:28:07 am »
IS JOHANNES THERE?

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2009, 10:05:19 am »
[smg id=330]
This is the smaller and resized version of the image.
Is the original sized photo going to be put up?

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2009, 03:33:13 pm »
just home, seeing as no one else has reported anything properly i guess i should.

having volunteered for a few days before the convention started, i got a pretty good insight into how it was run... which was fairly poorly. the organisers were far from organised and this fell onto the convention itself (i imagine it is one of the reasons the ssc got cancelled, as the hall Priam was expecting was infact not the one they had booked). the main hall was a bus ride away... too far to walk comfortably in the heat and i never actually went to it. the gala show was poor, with an awful host and standard acts that had nothing on last years show. there was a lack of decent food vendors (by this i mean meat) meaning food was a mission to get.

anyway, now i have the bad things out of my system, i can move on to the good.

hanging out with Martijn, Will (Crackers), Fabien, Alex, Spink and Sean (_) as well as many others, was a great pleasure. the drink was cheap and i can safely say that these people made the convention for me. God knows how many o those pitchers of beer we went through as a group... but it was enough to know that we have to do it again sometime.

I never really made it to any of the open stages , i never really do at conventions, i just drink through it. therefore i apparently missed performances from Dekel, Priam and others, but i don't mind. You could just wander into the 24 hour hall to see these guys anyway.

Alex got some G4's from Mr B himself... pre release. lucky b*****d.

i must mention a few things... find the Eiffel, no string catches, a henrys string massage, stupid tricks with bad style, billy mays! Papers... abusing Alex in his sleep, the Crackers head rave and a whole host of other interesting activities.

thanks to Alex, martijn and Crackers specially for really making this convention for me.

I go toilet now?

cheers, Matt. x
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2009, 04:25:51 pm »
Alex got some G4's from Mr B himself... pre release. lucky b*****d.

5 euros each may I add. Will do a report later, must sleep now.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Martijn

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2009, 11:23:08 pm »
I'm gonna do a quick HLGCBS to try and summarize the convention.

Highs: meeting new people and spending time with friends. In particular hanging out with Crackers, Alex, Matt, Spink and Fabien (Fabian?) was great, you guys are the best, arou-ound! Also, quoting Billy Mays dubs, South Park and How I Met Your Mother episodes was awesome (even though most people didn't understand :P) The outside swimming pool (an hour away from the convention) was amazing as well.

Low: for one the gala show... I know from experience it's usually not that good, but come on, it should be!

Goal: having a splendid time - check.

Crush: Fabian: "I go to toilet now!"

Bane: spanish girls...

Surprise: the weather, it was fairly cold but I was quite happy with that.[smg id=351][smg id=352][smg id=353][smg id=354][smg id=355][smg id=356][smg id=357]
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2009, 11:30:19 pm »
Report later aswell, too tired right now (even though I had a 15 hours sleep).

Martijn > Awesome name and sig  :-D (high five)
Pictures soon ? Uh oh.

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2009, 02:04:54 am »
anyone else get to use the g4's? i still dont think you can really improve on the G2.
can't believe its not butter

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2009, 04:32:34 am »
Alex! posted a nice review of the G4s, which I moved over here so it's easier to find in the long run.

I created an EJC 2009 album. Now someone get uploading! Some of us need to live vicariously dammit. :)

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2009, 04:52:01 pm »
the Crackers head rave and a whole host of other interesting activities.
Was it that good  :-D?

Sean > The gallery doesn't seem to work.

Again, review later, maybe.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2009, 07:23:39 pm »
Hmmm, it might not have worked for certain membergroups when signed in. Does it work now? It works fine for me and when I'm not signed in.

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2009, 09:17:08 pm »
Seems to work now.

Martijn, I'll sue you for that  :-D
The sleeping bag one is kinda awesome though  :P
Maybe next time you could try taking pictures in the afternoon while we're not all drunk  ::)

raffi

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2009, 10:26:58 pm »
EJC was ok, but not more, I had a shop there so i saw some parts of the convention and some not. I have a few pictures and small videos of the diabolo.ca meeting, but since i am still in vitoria and flying back to Israel only tomorrow it will have to wait. It was really great to meet all the different diabolo players and get feedback on the diabolos we had (sean said that I broke the forum rules in the past beacuse i mentioned i was going to sell at the convention - so no more free advertising).
sites i built that are Diabolo related: www.taibolo.com | www.JugglingEquipment.com

nev

• Donator
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2009, 10:52:37 pm »
Maybe next time you could try taking pictures in the afternoon while we're not all drunk  ::)
Now where would be the fun it that?
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Martijn

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2009, 11:42:12 pm »
Now where would be the fun it that?

Exactly! All my epic pictures are from wasted moments ;D

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2009, 12:42:53 am »
well, we were wasted in the afternoon too... i dont know what crackers is on about 'not being wasted'... lightweight.

any more pics dribbles?
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Martijn

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2009, 12:53:24 am »
any more pics dribbles?

Loads! ...just not from the EJC ;D

_Rezi

« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2009, 04:17:32 pm »
Sorry for the delay, but I have spent another week in the Spain without an internet access. In either case, the original picture of the CA meeting from EJC 2009 is here. Later I will place loads of pictures from the EJC on my site www.bolo.cz and perhaps some videos as well. If I have a vast hosting space I will place there too some videos from last year, which I thought had been lost. Fortunately they are still alive :)

and thanks to Jakob for posting the preview from his UMPC

Jakob

« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2009, 11:04:57 am »
and thanks to Jakob for posting the preview from his UMPC
It really is Ultra Mobile :)
And the picture this year is nice with all the people standing in a slightly better resolution than last year :D
//Jakob