Author Topic: "Smile", by Sean & Kris  (Read 12256 times)

eggy900

"Smile", by Sean & Kris
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2005, 11:23:48 am »
liking the video very much, especially the humour

nice one

kno

• VotW Contributor
"Smile", by Sean & Kris
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2005, 11:34:36 am »
great video  guys!!

I don't really agree with the music in the video, but the diaboloing is very cool!!

norbi

• VotW Contributor
"Smile", by Sean & Kris
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2005, 04:21:32 pm »
i wrote a long post, but i lost it becuase this dumb computer (i'm in an internet cafe and i am not used to these crazy windows thins) deleted it, not its gone!

So in short. Rock on Sean, that was awesome.

I look forwrad to seeing some more 3 low tricks soon  :)

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
"Smile", by Sean & Kris
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2005, 06:46:02 pm »
hello :)! a lovely video of you sean !i like it :) your 3 low and tricks 42 seem quite strong :) i'm happy for you :)!! very funny ! i hope made my next video as fun as yours :)

Sean

• Administrator
"Smile", by Sean & Kris
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2005, 03:30:41 am »
Thanks for the comments everyone!

juggleBG, the music is a remix of "Verbal" by Amon Tobin. Thanks to Arjan for introducing me to them. A large part of the inspiration for the goofy theme of the video is based on a talk I had with Arjan after a couple days of frustrating filming. He reminded me again that diaboloing is supposed to be fun, told me to turn on some Amon Tobin and improvise. I went outside and right at that point I came up with some new moves such as that infinite suicide hand move near the beginning. Kris and I always had fun when we were filming around playstructures so we decided to film the rest of the video around them, have fun, and not bother trying to film tricks that we found frustrating (hence the lack of 3 high tricks). Thanks for the advice, Arjan.

JiBe, being compared in any way to TwoLoose is a great honour... I still think that is one of the best diabolo videos ever made. When I first watched it I enjoyed the great camera angles and editing. Years later and after much hard practice I have come to realize how incredibly advanced most of the diaboloing was (and still is) and how innovative some of the tricks were. Certainly a classic and ahead of its time in many ways. So, when is TwoLooseTwo coming out? ;)

Matt, hope 3 high continues to progress for you. Make sure not to stop for a couple months... you wouldn't want to lose all your progress like me. Only slammed one diabolo? Well, yes... but have you seen my 3 diabolo slam in this small practice video? :D Hope our paths cross soon too. They will someday again - and I expect a little 3 high and 3 low out of you by then. ;)

Martijn, how did I get into the 3d around the rod thing? A little like this. (2mb, MPEG) Once it's going it's easy, but the start took a few tries... a tad bit awkward.

This was the first video that I've jointly edited with anyone, and I must say that it made for a much more enjoyable experience. I also think it helped in making the tough decisions of what clips were deserving of being included and what needed to be cut. Too bad Kris and I are only in the same city for a couple weeks a year.

Sean

Arjan

"Smile", by Sean & Kris
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2005, 07:46:45 am »
Your welcome Sean!
The video has a very positive vibe, thats good.
Altough, I got to tell you, when I practice any 3 diabolo`s I will swear a lot... hmm.. use bad language.

What a honour this video is compared to TwoLoose. Good job Sean and Kris! This is a movie oyu can just watch again and again.

Ed

"Smile", by Sean & Kris
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2005, 11:14:17 am »
Thats a cool video  i really like it nice mix ;)

Martijn

"Smile", by Sean & Kris
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2005, 03:28:34 pm »
Quote from: Arjan
Altough, I got to tell you, when I practice any 3 diabolo`s I will swear a lot... hmm.. use bad language.

... and four-letter words :P In Dutch, though.

Thanks for that starting-around-the-rod-video Sean. It looks really hard, but with such a nice 3 low it also looks very nice! and funny ofcourse :)

Keep it up :D
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Spink

"Smile", by Sean & Kris
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2005, 12:23:33 pm »
Awsome video sean.

I showed my non juggling freinds the vid for the music and they were blown away by it all. (me too) :)

That sums up everything i believe diabolo to be.
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

QUOTH

"Smile", by Sean & Kris
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2005, 08:08:49 am »
Quote from: Spink
That sums up everything i believe diabolo to be.

scaring small children and playing with toys? :p

seriously, verry nice video. verry useful and innovitave, ajoy to watch and learn from :)

keep them coming
If you see me please feel free to come over and give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

I use red and black circus's, wear to much black and will be at the BJC.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
"Smile", by Sean & Kris
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2005, 01:34:59 pm »
wahoo cool vid
sean's coool!!!
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
"Smile", by Sean & Kris
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2005, 01:35:57 pm »
and kris, he's cool too. i really like his weird whippy thing, must be really hard to get it right every time.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Mattias

"Smile", by Sean & Kris
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2005, 02:38:28 pm »
Nice vid, think I said that already though.

Pete, there is and edit button, so you dont have to post a double as soon as you forget to say something.
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive