Author Topic: 2 diabolo tutorial( start, correcting, running, accelerating )  (Read 9663 times)

kurrygrodan

i've made a 2 diabolo tutorial on request so I hope it's good
if you don't like it, then don't watch it or help me to improve my self on making tutorials

2 diabolo tutorial

post your questions
request more
-Fredrik, Kurrygrodan
http://www.youtube.com/user/kurrygrodan - Show dat channel some love!

Kjeldabolo

Re: 2 diabolo tutorial( start, correcting, running, accelerating )
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 10:42:54 am »
Why do you use 2different types of diabolos with different weight at the beginning ::)
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Arjan

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 11:11:55 am »
I'm just wondering why people are still making tutorials like these. 2 diabolo tutorials have been around for ages now, and have been done before a lot better. Perhaps it got lost?

No offence, I found the music weird for some reason. Also the font and colors are pretty hard on my eyes.

Mr.D

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 11:19:49 am »
Kjeldabolo, it is to show what he means by "two different sized/weight diabolos".

About the tutorial:
You have included the important steps of 2d, but the ratio between the subjects should be different in my opinion. The first half contains Starts, while the 2nd half contains Correcting, Running and Accelerating. I guess that is the way has to be with 2d tutorials, since there are so many ways to start a shuffle, but I would still like if a 2d tutorial focused more on the Correcting and Running part, instead of the starts.

I believe the Correcting part might be hard to understand for beginners. The pictures with arrows do not show clearly enough where to tap the diabolo.

You should have filmed some scenes from "the diaboloist's perspective", using a head-cam or something. I know it is hard, expensive etc, but it is very usefull to beginners. :)

As for the editing, the flashy stars and various text-entries is unnecessary, imo.

Now it might seem as I hated the tutorial, but you asked for criticism on how to improve your tutorials. ;) So do not get me wrong, it is a good tutorial, it is organised and includes the important parts of 2d, but I feel like much of what you said has allready been said :)

Keep making them tutorials though!
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

Catjar

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 04:12:45 pm »
well... I thought it was pretty good.
at least for me being at this exact stage where i just started being able to do a 2d shuffle, yeah the correcting and accelerating part was pretty helpful
good job in my opinion

kurrygrodan

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 07:51:01 pm »
Why do you use 2different types of diabolos with different weight at the beginning ::)
to show that it sux to use different
-Fredrik, Kurrygrodan

kurrygrodan

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 07:56:05 pm »
I'm just wondering why people are still making tutorials like these. 2 diabolo tutorials have been around for ages now, and have been done before a lot better. Perhaps it got lost?

No offence, I found the music weird for some reason. Also the font and colors are pretty hard on my eyes.
I made it on a request, and I don't know why they don't use other tutorials
I ran out of music so I just took some that was on my computer
and about the colours I'm sorry about the colours tho it was 100% random
-Fredrik, Kurrygrodan

kurrygrodan

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 08:03:46 pm »
Kjeldabolo, it is to show what he means by "two different sized/weight diabolos".

About the tutorial:
You have included the important steps of 2d, but the ratio between the subjects should be different in my opinion. The first half contains Starts, while the 2nd half contains Correcting, Running and Accelerating. I guess that is the way has to be with 2d tutorials, since there are so many ways to start a shuffle, but I would still like if a 2d tutorial focused more on the Correcting and Running part, instead of the starts.

I believe the Correcting part might be hard to understand for beginners. The pictures with arrows do not show clearly enough where to tap the diabolo.

You should have filmed some scenes from "the diaboloist's perspective", using a head-cam or something. I know it is hard, expensive etc, but it is very usefull to beginners. :)

As for the editing, the flashy stars and various text-entries is unnecessary, imo.

Now it might seem as I hated the tutorial, but you asked for criticism on how to improve your tutorials. ;) So do not get me wrong, it is a good tutorial, it is organised and includes the important parts of 2d, but I feel like much of what you said has allready been said :)

Keep making them tutorials though!
well i'm glad you liked it.
I now a lot has been said before but it was made on a request
and I didn't have time to make 4 different tutorials

the stars was supposed to show when a new thing was coming like: starts, running, accelerating, correcting etc.
-Fredrik, Kurrygrodan

Egad!

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 07:34:16 am »
I requested it and it really helped me so if its simple enough for a 2d begginer to understand then we dont need people who know this stuff already to be calling it bad because they learned it a different way.  I asked kurry for 2d tutorials because he has a way of explaining this stuff thats easy for me to understand.  Mixed feelings in feedback are caused when people learned things a different way so just make sure to look at it from a begginers prospective.
Pickles are cucumbers in their ultimate form!

jkurty22

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 08:22:37 pm »
this was very helpfull to me cuz i'm trying to learn 2d ,the most helfull part was around the leg for accelration, i never thought of that so thank you sooooooooooo much and good job on the video!
"Worst excuse for not turning in homework: I couldn't find anyone to copy it from".
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"

mykill

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 02:37:11 pm »
I didnt watch the tutorial but i agree with arjan...
seriously guys go on youtube and type in 2 diabolo tutorial or something like that
first link, been around for ages.
2 Diabolos Tutorial

dont request tutorials until you've done lots of searching. that way you don't need to bother people to make em :P
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

4leek24

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 05:43:38 am »
i understand that it would be easier to use the same diabolos but if you tell them not to use different diabolos, some people may not be able to afford another diabolo and some people dont want 2 of the same diabolos. i learned 2d with a sundia triple bearng shining and a 255 gram sundia sun. i learned 3d with the same 2 and a sundia fly. so its not impossible, its just easier to use the same diabolos.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 02:10:28 pm »
I don't think anyone's ever claimed anything different. The prototypes of the Sundia shinings have been out since May 7th. So let me get this straight - you've learned 2d and 3d in a span of ~3 months?

4leek24

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 07:45:35 pm »
I don't think anyone's ever claimed anything different. The prototypes of the Sundia shinings have been out since May 7th. So let me get this straight - you've learned 2d and 3d in a span of ~3 months?

my 3d isnt very good though. i have an average of 5 ott. ive gotten up to 10 ott but it falls apart quick enough thaat i cant do any tricks.