Author Topic: Editing Videos  (Read 38207 times)

Spink

Editing Videos
« on: June 07, 2005, 12:51:13 pm »
Hi folks,

I have just got a new pc and us ponte lot are making our first video.

What do people use / recommend we use??

excuse my spelling i am english :wink:
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

seán_

Re: Editing Videos
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 01:19:30 pm »
The daddy of editing programs is Premiere (not a cheap option however)

You might get somewhere  with the program supplied with your PC or camera, or from a program available on the net. (speaking of which, there are a few programs mentioned in the TMPGEnc thread that aspiring video makers should look into. Also have a look at
What makes for an interesting diabolo video? just for general thoughts on making interesting videos

MattF

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 02:02:17 pm »
i agree with Sean, Adobe premiere is great, and it also works in conjunction with all the other adobe programs.

For example, if you want to import a PSD file that you have created in Adobe Photoshop, it can be done really easily and you can apply all sorts of funky transitions etc.

Matt

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 02:43:24 pm »
I can't afford Premiere or find anyone who minds me borrowin it so if you're in the same position you could do what I do and just use Windows Movie Maker...I don't see why alot of people seem to hate it, I wouldn't say my videos turn out particularly bad  :wink:

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 02:55:31 pm »
A more affordable option than Premiere Pro is Premiere Elements, which is meant for home users, and as such is much much less expensive while being almost as powerful (and certainly far more than powerful enough for what we're doing). You can buy a copy of it for about $100 US. I used Premiere Elements for that "Smile" video.

I edited and assembled my entire first video, Sean Diabolo video #1, using nothing but TMPGEnc (an MPEG converter, cutter, and joiner). Yeap, not doing that again... but it can be done. :roll:

kno

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 03:14:19 pm »
I prefer "Magix Video Deluxe 2005" it's cheaper than Adobe Premiere and the handling is simpler

Pinnacle Studio is also a very good program!

Martijn

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 03:31:12 pm »
I'm still using Windows Movie Maker :P but I'll hope to learn how to use Adobe Premiere soon...
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 04:47:36 pm »
I did get given pinnacle Studio at one point, but at the time I had a camera which took videos that it couldn't use...so I got rid of it...but now I've got a diff camera and probably also a method that works of changing the video type to be compatible...it did look a good program tho, plenty of aweseom effects and transitions  :)

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 05:18:44 pm »
I used to use WMM but nowadays it tilts my computer if I even try to put there any of my vids...

I´m using different programs...

I belive that I´ll make my first longer (more than 2 tricks  :D ) vid this summer... It´ll (hopely) include at least 3d low siteswamps (probably 3d high, cant do yet), some 1d tricks/combos and some tricky 2d stuff (I´m working on my 2d armsuicide, I can´t yet explain it but it´s quite hard, I´ve succeed in it twice [it includes armstall, 2 suicides and late backwrap exit] it´s mae from one my invented 1d trick, which is much easier). And some basic stuff (mostly)... This was supposed to be a hard-to-read message, because I haven´t done almost anythis for this project and I´m buying new camera sometime in this summer, I´ll start working on vids after I get it...   :)  But we´ll see if I manage to do something...

Spink

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 12:19:26 pm »
cheers guys i hope to 'buy' premiere tonight.  :wink:

(WMM is already on the windows cd right?)
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

trash

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 02:48:51 pm »
Nobody knows 'Vegas' by Sony (ex Sonic Foundry) which is a real good software. It doesn't crash like Premiere, or Windows Movie Maker or Pinnacle.
You can find some tutorials on the net.

If you're editing sounds, you probably know Soundforge by Sony and so you understand that Vegas is a good software. Search on the net if you want more informations about it.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 02:58:07 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
I'm still using Windows Movie Maker :P but I'll hope to learn how to use Adobe Premiere soon...

Hehe, I am using that too.... although ive never released any long or edited videos. I might make one soon if I can get a theme.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

eggy900

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 03:58:37 pm »
i use windows movie maker sometimes too, but only when i can't get on my dad's laptop to use pinacle

Marc

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005, 04:26:59 pm »
I was looking for some editing software and looking at the forum adobe dose some good programs. Dose anyone know if Adobe Premiere Elements is good because I might buy it if it is.

Will^

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 05:16:41 pm »
Quote from: Sean
A more affordable option than Premiere Pro is Premiere Elements, which is meant for home users, and as such is much much less expensive while being almost as powerful (and certainly far more than powerful enough for what we're doing). You can buy a copy of it for about $100 US. I used Premiere Elements for that "Smile" video.

No offence but a little reading wouldn't hurt. I'm only deducing here, and correct me if I wrong, but I think it's pretty clear that Sean is happy with his purchase of Elements. :)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 05:45:47 pm »
i use Premiere Pro (friend of mine's sister got it for free and gave it to me :O ), and it rules. Adobe's "elements" line is designed to give you what you need for most tasks, but taking out the professional stuff. like Sean said, Elements is definitely more than what you need, which makes it an excellent choice. good for school projects or anything else you need to edit video for too :)

g0t

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005, 08:48:58 pm »
Quote from: trash
Nobody knows 'Vegas' by Sony (ex Sonic Foundry) which is a real good software. It doesn't crash like Premiere, or Windows Movie Maker or Pinnacle.
You can find some tutorials on the net.

If you're editing sounds, you probably know Soundforge by Sony and so you understand that Vegas is a good software. Search on the net if you want more informations about it.

Good choice ;), i use Vegas too. Its a great program u can import psd files too, just like with Premiere pro etc. Its pretty easy to learn, and u can do alot of things with it. I make my (game/frag)movies with it... I recommend it.

Marc

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 07:19:31 pm »
I have £100 to spend on video editing software and I have come to a conclusion from reading the ‘Editing Videos’ post and looking in the shops that I should buy Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 or Pinnacle Studio Media Suite version 10.
Has anyone had any experiences with these programs and which one do you think is best for making juggling and diaboloing videos?
Thank you
Marc

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 08:34:32 am »
mod edit - in response to some now deleted posts by other members promoting software piracy -->
now we wait for diabolo.ca to get shut down by Adobe's lawsuits  :roll:

seán_

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2005, 01:02:44 pm »
Fair point Matt_

on behalf the Mod team let me say that the diabolo.ca forum does not condone the illegal use of software.  You wouldnt go into a shop and take a bar of chocolate (as I usd to say when I taught).

There are other options, the software that comes with your opeating systems, programs that have a trial offer, opensource software etc. etc.

Seán

P.s. Internet downloading is killing home taping