Author Topic: Editing Videos  (Read 35092 times)

_Matz_

Re: Editing Videos
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2007, 07:06:06 pm »
i mean backwrap start. it's ready, but i'm asking for that editing. how to put text, when movie is playing on? i  can explain it on english very well.
|)><(|   hope you understand my english

Martijn

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2007, 08:15:02 pm »
Google is your friend. There are plenty of tutorials on basic and advanced feautures of any video editing program you can think of. I learned by trying it out, I didn't learn from posting in here.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Paino

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2008, 07:43:42 pm »
i want to get one but which one ive been useing windoes movie maker and it is crap so i want a good but simple one

Niclas

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2008, 08:24:41 pm »
I use Pinnacle studio 8 but plane to buy Studio 11
Your like diabolo news reporter Niclas, always bringing out the updates fast. Nice work.
http://wwww.youtube.com/DiaboloNiclas

fzzyrn

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2008, 08:31:22 pm »
sony vegas. I think v8. I know martjin uses it too

Jonny_

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2008, 08:59:26 pm »
windows movie maker... anyone know a good free editor?

Paino

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2008, 09:56:36 pm »
<deleted - please keep it legal>

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2008, 10:41:42 pm »
<deleted by Sean to keep it legal>
Yeah cos thats nice and legal... Just the sort of thing to advertise!
Alex abuses flys!

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2008, 12:09:40 am »
Yeah cos thats nice and legal... Just the sort of thing to advertise!
Lol who cares
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

fzzyrn

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2008, 12:27:45 am »
big business does, and we all know who runs the government
but seriously, for liability reasons, i seriously recommend that you edit your last post, Paino
and remove the quote, hathaway

we wouldn't want d.ca to get shut down would we?

Squiggle

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2008, 02:53:28 am »
Sony vegas [Any version, shoot for 6+]

Tried one by Adobe at school (Not sure on version) and just hated how it was set out/how you did stuff. Perhaps that's because I'm used to Vegas.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2008, 07:09:32 am »
Paino, I merged your thread to this thread. You may find some answers within. There are some free video editing programs (most of those I can think of are for linux), but I don't think any of them match the quality of the pay programs.

If you have a mac, it comes with iMovie, which is quite decent. If you get more serious about it, you'll appreciate something more complex. All the big video editing packages also have a home version which is fairly inexpensive, especially if you are a student. They have most of the power of their bigger siblings at a fraction of the cost.

Remember, almost all of what makes a good video has more to do with tasteful decisions and good filming than fancy editing. Even windows movie maker can get you there, albeit with a few extra headaches along the way.

Kingsid3

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2008, 01:07:52 pm »
If you are at school they can do deals with Adobe and microsoft and the likes and you can get huge discounts. I can Photoshop CS3 for £200 not £1200! Its really good, peolpe like RM do it and stuff.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
Rendering videos in Vegas
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2008, 09:46:32 pm »
*BUMP!*

So, I started using Sony Vegas (7.0) but I have a problem with rendering video's. I import my clips the way they are when I upload them to my pc from my Sony camcorder (MPEG-2, right??). After a little bit of editing etc. I decide to render and see what it will look like full screen... but whatever ''output-filetype'' I choose (.mpg/.mp4/.mov/.avi/.wmv/. *and so on*) it just doesn't work. The video renders in less than 1second and it results in a 0seconds unviewable file. I also tried all kinds of different ''templates'' etc. when choosing an output-fileype, but I just can't get it done.

*heeelp, I need somebody, heeeelp, not just anybody, heeeelp* :-*
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Martijn

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2008, 09:56:11 pm »
Have you tried unchecking the box "render loop region only" in the render as menu? You might have selected only a very small loop region by accident. Try unchecking that box and tell me what happens if you render.

Jonny_

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2008, 10:01:34 pm »
I use camtasia but windows movie maker is probably better even though you have to pay for camtasia but i got it free

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2008, 10:09:43 pm »
Have you tried unchecking the box "render loop region only" in the render as menu? You might have selected only a very small loop region by accident. Try unchecking that box and tell me what happens if you render.

That probably was the problem :)

Is 8 minutes rendering for a 45s vid usual?

Martijn

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2008, 10:15:27 pm »
That depends on the output and the specs of your computer. Uncompressed avi doesn't take that long and that's what you want anyways :)

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2008, 10:28:37 pm »
Ok I tried another .avi-template and it renders way faster now.

One last technical question though (the editing wise stuff I can figure out myself :) ): When I render as .avi I get a problem with ''lines''. I think this has something to do with deinterlacing (or something like that ::)). Has this something to do with the template I chose when I rendered (I think I picked PAL DV for the fast render, default and NTSC were veeeery slow). I can't really find the reason for this ''lines'' by using google >____>.

Martijn

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2008, 10:32:51 pm »
Yup, that means your video is interlaced and that's perfectly healthy. You will need to deinterlace and compress your video before you put it on the internet. Deinterlacing with the bob+weave method described at www.100fps.com - which is all you need to know about (de)interlacing - gives the best results. You want to compress with H.264.