Author Topic: Editing Videos  (Read 35094 times)

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
Re: Editing Videos
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2008, 10:44:09 pm »
Nice, I'm gonna give that a try!

Thanks a lot :)

EDIT: Nevermind VirtualDub gives
Avisynth open failure
Script error: syntax error
(C:\path\to\my\file.avs, line X, column X)

so i'll figure all of this out in my holidays next month, since 100fps .avs FAQ doesn't answer :P Seems like there is a problem with AVIsynth although I am pretty sure everything is installed correctly etc.. Google confuses me since much discussion about this seems to go about other DVDrips and other application-things
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2008, 06:40:18 pm »
I did some google-searching, but I ain't got no answers :( Maybe someone can clear it up for me?

Problem is that I can open my .avs file:

I've first read the ''FAQ'' on this problem on 100fps but it didn't provide me with an answer.

The video plays normaly in both VLC and WMP, and is a normal .avi:

The .avs is written o.k., I think:

VirtualDub is installed (see screenshot of error)

DivX is installed:

AviSynth is installed properly, I think:

Any thoughts??

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2008, 07:36:46 pm »
It's saying there is a syntax error in your line 1. Nothing more.

What if you make the file reference local?

For example:
AVISource("preview.avi")

(of course you'll have to make sure the file is in the same folder as the script)

Saves the trouble of making sure you got the absolute reference and all the syntax perfect. Ones you've tried that troubleshooting, you could try making the "C" in C:\ lowercase as in the 100fps example. First, try a local reference.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2008, 07:43:03 pm »
I've already done that, this longer reference was to avoid the failed AVISource(''preview.avi'') (with.avs in same directory as .avi)  :-\

Martijn

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2008, 07:43:41 pm »
Could you render a 1 second video for me and pass it over via e-mail or mediafire?
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Martijn

« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2008, 08:45:23 pm »
That's weird - it opens up just fine if I drag the avs file into Virtualdub.

AVISource("Untitled.avi")
separatefields

DivX's got nothing to do with this. If you've tried putting both in the same directory, the file location isn't the problem either. I don't think you'll need the Panasonic DV codec for this either, since it's an uncompressed avi file... so I don't know :(
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2008, 09:23:01 pm »
Mmm, crap. Thanks for the effort anyway :P

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2008, 03:49:10 pm »
I have this file:

I wanna render a 16:9 movie. I've tried it with these settings:

The file that is rendered doesn't show up in 16:9, but in 4:3 (I guess....). When I play it in VLC and select 16:9 it looks fine, but with black bars. When I play it on ''standard'' in VLC it shows a 4:3 that looks kinda deformed (I look skinny and tall ::))

Also, when I upload it to youtube for instance it doesn't show as a 16:9 video.

I also tried to render it with a ''custom'' template with a 1.4220pixel aspect ratio (par???).

Loriot

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2008, 05:06:12 pm »
Try to set the Pixel aspect ratio 1:1 and size the video to 1024:576, which will give you an 16:9 output of the video file (The 16:9 format for YouTube has to be done with the right ratio of the pixels instead of the aspect ratio of the pixel itself).
This is a reuploaded version of my video and it just worked with 1024:576. I tried out 720:576 with the right aspect ratio of 16:9 but it won't work for me.
Hope it made sense what I wrote.
For further question in videorendering I think http://forum.doom9.org/ is the best adress in the net.
Search also Wikipedia for the right understanding of aspect ratio and all the other very complicated things in videorendering :P.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2008, 04:40:14 pm »
Thanks Loriot, that was very helpfull!

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2008, 08:33:40 pm »
Hi people, let´s have the things in order:

DvPal/D1: 720x576 PixelAspect: 1,07     4:3
DvPalWideScreen:  720 x 576 Pixel Aspect: 1,42     16:9
DvPalSqpixel: 768 x 576 Pixel Aspect: 1                  4:3
DvPalWideScreenSqpixel: 1024 x 576 Pixel Aspect 1    16:9

All this formats are interlaced fields [with lower(even) field dominance], 25fps.

Interlacing is important when tv broadcasting but not when playing in computer, so you must deinterlace for not line dropping and flicking.

You must be shure your sequence settings while editing match like the media settings cause mixing formats makes video streching or scaling it up because of the aspect ratio.
Normally edition programs like FCP, Vegas, even Premiere ask you if you wanna match your sequence settings to clip´s settings and then there is no problem but....make sure. Avid media composer user must say what kind of aspect ratio when they are importing media to the proyect so...Try with photoshop to mix different aspect ratios(drawin for example a circle and moving it up to another pixel aspect ratio document)and see what happens there.(For after effects and shake or nuke editor users it´s never gonna happen cause you can change there the correlation of the aspect ratio in the main composition)
Goodbye SD (PAL one, i´m sorry for ntsc users)

Welcome to the HD world in the next One.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2010, 10:45:50 pm »
Just got my camera (YES!! 8)). What would be the easiest program to start with (I know absolutely nothing about computers and/or editing and will sound stupid asking all of this)? Does WMM do the job? What's the best and what's the simplest (so I know where to start-go to at least)?

Oh effects I would want to try I think would be playing backwards and slow-mo so a program that does that well would be good. Adding music to everything too ofc.

luabduch

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2010, 12:32:57 am »
I use Ulead Video studio cause my pc don't run really good programs like Sony Vegas.

Ulead is really easy to work, try it.

=D