Yes
9 (40.9%)
No
10 (45.5%)
Need more information
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: June 08, 2005, 09:53:06 pm

Author Topic: 1st Ellesmere Port Convention:Harry Potter Included  (Read 19976 times)

Llama_Bill

1st Ellesmere Port Convention:Harry Potter Included
« on: June 08, 2005, 09:53:06 pm »
Would anyone have a problem with the 16th of July for the festival because that is when it is unless there are any other major events taking place then.  It will go from 9am until 10pm and there will be workshops, games and a full show. It is going to be held at EPCHS in Ellesmere Port near Chester (CH65 7AQ on Capenhurst Lane).  The cost will be £8 for the day including show.  The space available not counting all the fields and playgrounds is 3 full sized basketball courts (with equipment and markings if you must have that game of vollyclub) and a large hall with sound system for the show.  Class rooms in the area around the halls will be available for stalls for the people who don't want to set up outside.  There will be a raffle for £1 a strip also there will be a tuck-shop, sandwiches and possible a BBQ available on site. Plus there is a chippie, sandwich shop and Safeway just 2 minute walk up the road and 5 banks, Sayers, Gregs, Asda, Dominoes, KFC and McDonalds just 10 minute walk up the road.  If you want to run a workshop, be in the show or set up a stall at the convention or know who would like to please get in contact with me and I'm sure we can sort something out.  I will release more details as they happen and I have quite a big surprise up my sleeve that I'll show you soon.  I'll post pictures and posters for you to spread around soon.  If you're thinking of coming just let me know here and if you have any questions you don't want everyone to see just E-mail me and I'll get right back to you.

Bill.
Bill.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 07:07:41 am »
Cheers bill, kites aloft say they might have the new babache sticks by then :D  so they will probably be sell in them at the convention.

Leo
Behind your back is your front.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 08:18:00 am »
I'll most probably be there.

Llama_Bill

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 09:05:41 am »
Would anyone be able to run a workshop on anything or perform in the renegade?
Bill.

Spooned

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 08:50:16 am »
Ill try to come but its a 2 & a 1/2 hour drive from where i live  :(. But i will definatly come ot one of these conventions soon.  :D
Diabolo or Diablo

Mattias

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 09:06:50 am »
Quote from: Spooned
Ill try to come but its a 2 & a 1/2 hour drive from where i live  :(. But i will definatly come ot one of these conventions soon.  :D

Oh really, it is a 2½ hour flight from where I live :P

I would jump at every chance of going to a conv, seeing as here in sweden we have like 2 or 3 a year. And there are not many good diaboloists in sweden, Joakim and Jönsson being the only ones.
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Llama_Bill

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 11:26:00 am »
Quote from: Mattias

I would jump at every chance of going to a conv, seeing as here in sweden we have like 2 or 3 a year. And there are not many good diaboloists in sweden, Joakim and Jönsson being the only ones.

If you do come then you can sleep at mine for free, you cant pass up an offer like that.  :P
Bill.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 11:30:06 am »
My flat seems to be filling up for that weekend too!

Tom Derrick

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 01:04:50 pm »
Quote from: Spooned

Ditto for me. I'll see if I can find a cheap B&B around, as a 3 hour drive starting at 10pm doesn't appeal to me much.

Llama_Bill

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 02:10:14 pm »
I'll look into some cheap accommodation in the local area so I should be able to find somewhere.  How much of a hole whole you be prepared to stay in if it was cheap? There is some cheap places that my school has used before so I'll see about deals and there is one 2 minute walk up the road from me and it can't be that expensive.

Bill.

P.S. Barnesy do you think you could run a 2 diabolo workshop as quite a few of us have made little progress on 2 and it would be great to be taught how to do it by someone better than us.
Bill.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 02:22:56 pm »
Quote from: Llama_Bill
P.S. Barnesy do you think you could run a 2 diabolo workshop as quite a few of us have made little progress on 2 and it would be great to be taught how to do it by someone better than us.

If I was running it, it wouldn't have much structure, but I could certainly do something.  Diabolo trickswap type things seem to break out with very little provocation at conventions these days anyway!

Llama_Bill

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 02:36:18 pm »
Quote from: barnesy
If I was running it, it wouldn't have much structure, but I could certainly do something.  Diabolo trickswap type things seem to break out with very little provocation at conventions these days anyway!

That would be great it wouldn't need any structure really just showing people where they are going wrong and swapping tricks and advice.
Bill.

Mattias

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 02:45:03 pm »

If you do come then you can sleep at mine for free, you cant pass up an offer like that.  :P

Haha, thanks for the offer but I tihnk I'll save my money for the EJC ;)
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Llama_Bill

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 02:50:18 pm »

IF you swim then you'll spend no money getting here and you'll get free Guinness for a year because you got a world record for the fastest Sweden to England swim.  Now that is an offer you can't turn down.
Bill.

Mattias

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 03:56:28 pm »

IF you swim then you'll spend no money getting here and you'll get free Guinness for a year because you got a world record for the fastest Sweden to England swim.  Now that is an offer you can't turn down.

Haha
Im afraid I am suffering from a cold from a way to intense bath+sauna session, so imagine what the water would do to me at that distance :P

Ill haul my butt to GB to attend conventions at some point but its not happening in the near future. Thanks for being persuasive though :P
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Tom Derrick

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 04:01:46 pm »
I'll look into some cheap accommodation in the local area so I should be able to find somewhere.  How much of a hole would you be prepared to stay in if it was cheap? There is some cheap places that my school has used before so I'll see about deals and there is one 2 minute walk up the road from me and it can't be that expensive.

I'm willing to sleep anywhere as long as it's not too expensive. I wouldn't even mind sharing a room with someone to cut costs.
Cheers for having a look for me.
Tom

(edit: Barnsey's offered me a place on his floor, so there's no need to look on my behalf)

Llama_Bill

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2005, 09:04:06 am »
There is some cheap places in the area so I'll put the details up next week and I'm uploading some photos now.
Bill.

Llama_Bill

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2005, 08:25:30 pm »
Here is the Conventions web site: EPCC.  Please post it on any related forums that I haven't please as that would be a great help.
Bill.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2005, 07:11:39 pm »
what workshops there are in the EPCC?
sory i forgot to ask today  :wink:

Leo
Behind your back is your front.

Llama_Bill

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2005, 09:24:01 am »
I'll just go through the game plan here I suppose:
9-12:People turn up but just juggling.
12-1:Unicycle workshop with Roger Davies from Unicycle.com.
1-2:2 Diabolo workshop/trick swap with Barnesy from 2diabolo.net.
2-3:Basic 3 balls for people just learning to do a cascade with me.
3-4:Advanced 3/4 balls Workshop.(Unconfirmed)
4-5:Poi Workshop.
5-6:Contact Juggling Workshop.
6-7:Games. (Any games you really want to play?)
5-6:Set up show.
6-8:Just Juggling.
8-10:Renegade show, (If you want to enter just Email me before hand and if your good enough you could move up into the main show.  Also bring any music you want for your act.), the raffle and then the Main show.

All times are as correct as possible but they may change.  All changes will be posted so don't worry about turning up and finding out that workshop you really wanted wasn't on.

Bill.
Bill.