Yes
9 (40.9%)
No
10 (45.5%)
Need more information
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: June 08, 2005, 09:53:06 pm

Author Topic: 1st Ellesmere Port Convention:Harry Potter Included  (Read 19824 times)

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
1st Ellesmere Port Convention:Harry Potter Included
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2005, 12:22:33 am »
Hi guys,

I'm really looking forward to the convention, especially as I will be doing a full 50 minute slot in the show. There will be a lot of juggling (balls clubs and rings) performed with all new video pieces in various different styles.

There is a diabolo part in the show too. I have performed parts of it before, but I've got a great new section to end on. It involves a trick that I've been working on in secret for a month now, and I've got it solid. To be honest, I'm always surprised that it works at all. What is it? Well, I'm keeping it a secret until I show it off on stage.

Maybe I'll film it this week and submit it as a trick of the week for the people who aren't coming along to Ellesmere Port.

See you laters!
Luke

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2005, 12:16:12 am »
This sounds like such a great one dayer.  But I can't make it because with crude oil prices as they are, it's just too far away for me to travel which sucks.  I hate how much petrol costs in the UK...  And why are there so many conventions past the Watford Gap?  What's up north?

Chiok
(a southerner and proud of it)
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Llama_Bill

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2005, 01:21:49 pm »
I can now confirm that both of the new Mr Babache sticks the energy and the x-treme ones will be available at EPCC.

P.S. Get on your bike now and you'll make it without spending money on travel.
Bill.

Llama_Bill

WEBSITE UPDATE:Contact Juggling Workshop Cancelled
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2005, 02:30:46 pm »
As you will know from checking the web site that the convention is this Saturday but I’m sorry to say that the contact juggling workshop is called off as Ryan has an offer for some real work so he has to miss the convention.  If you could run the workshop then please get into contact with me and we’ll sort something out.  If you are entering the renegade show then please send the music you are using so I can see if I already own it and whenever you need to bring it yourself also if you are entering the renegade it would be nice if you could just email me before hand so I can have an idea of numbers.
Bill.

DrRobotnik

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2005, 08:28:44 pm »
It was a good crack. Shame i had to leave before the performances at the end. It was great to meet some of you from this forum and thanks especialy to Sean for his help with 2D and Tom for his help with the 'Tomiside'.... Good luck for the next one     :D

seán_

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2005, 01:35:46 am »
Half way home now. Had a lovely day, thanks to Llama Bill for organising the convention (and all his helpers).

Bit of a last minute decision to have a crack at the renegade, messed up a bit but I still enjoyed doing it. Nice to try and help some people with diabolo during the day but there were plenty there who had plenty to show me. The kids (young and old) in ellesmere seem to be really into diabolo. Luke did a great job of allowing them to show what they had during renegade.

Norbi did some very cool stuff with diabolo during renegade (finishing with a sweet 2d mini g) and also showed his prowess with rings in the main show.

Luke did a great job keeping things flowing and staged a very enjoyable long and varied show using a variety of props and multimedia. Highlights included some patenented burage diabolo moves, Ven diagrams, a 10 ball flash, a reverse between the toes kickup into 5 clubs and a sumertime kickup 7 club flash. Plenty more on top of that too.

Thanks again Bill and everyone who made this a great day. Sorry to anybody who had their heart set on the green finesse in the raffle I needed it to celebrate my 'Eiretalian' heritage. ;)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2005, 10:02:18 am »
Yes, it was a very fun day, not a huge number of people but very fun. I'd like to thank sean_, Luke, Tom,Norbi and especialy Barnsey as his two diabolo workshop which was very helpful even if it wasn't planned and thanks to Bill for sorting it out. Sorry if I missed anyone out.

Leo
Behind your back is your front.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2005, 09:28:50 pm »
twas a nice one, very chilled and freindly, cheers Bill, you did a great job. High, low, etc? Ok then...

High - some nice runs of 5 clubs, with clean finishes!

Low - twatting my wrist really hard and not being able to juggle without a lot of pain. Getting a club in the nads during a game of VolleyClub

Crush - the dinner ladies for giving up copius amounts of free sandwiches at the end of the day.

Goal - get some nice clean runs of 5 clubs (check), try out the acrylic babache sticks (check) and like them (nope)

Bane - my dumbass wrist, feeling a lot better now but some movements still hurt.

Thanx again Bill (and gang), you did well.

QUOTH

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2005, 08:14:01 pm »
im so gutted i missed this, ahd my 1st day of work on the saturday :(

are there any links or videos from the day online yet?

ill be at the next one, no matter what :)
If you see me please feel free to come over and give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

I use red and black circus's, wear to much black and will be at the BJC.

Tom Derrick

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2005, 10:06:47 pm »
I had a really good weekend. A big thanks to Bill for organising it and Dave for letting me stay at his place.

High The friendlyness of it all, and the incident of Norbi and the volleyclub.

Low The train journey home. No air conditioning on the first train, then a 5 hour delay on the second. Fun.

Goal Get another Henry's (nope); get a few decent (for me) runs of 3 low (yep).

Bane Getting less than an hour's sleep the night before, so being knackered for most of the day.

DrRobotnik

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2005, 01:12:48 am »
For me:

High: Diabolo basketball, that progressed to whip chatches as defence, meeting some of you guys and knowing there are some good small kids in the world (the local school kids can give us all hope for the future.....except the short chubby one that doesn't shut up) .

Low: Leaving before the show  :cry:

Goal: A bit of 2D insight, thanks to Sean i've got the 2D shuffle with corrections   :lol:

Bane Smacking myself in the face with excaliber!!!!! Aww mother f-in ouch!!!!!, Oh and cracking myself in the nads with my hand stick!!!

It was alot of fun even for my short stay  Good job Llama_Bill   :D

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2005, 11:29:17 am »
Quote from: DrRobotnik
except the short chubby one that doesn't shut up

HAHAHAHA!!

Llama_Bill

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2005, 11:48:22 am »
First of all I would like to thank everyone who made the day possible as I had loads of fun and I’ve been told I can do it all again next year which will be great.

High: Breaking even and getting the go ahead for a EPCC 2 and also the show which was amazing! (Thanks to everyone who entered the renegade and to Norbi and Luke for doing such amazing routines, I would recommend them for any convention.)

Low: Letting Aaron near other people, or maybe cutting my hands 3 time with one genocide so bad I got blood on my diabolo string but I still caught it so it was okay in the end.

Goal: To break even and do a trick I hadn’t done before and I did a mini-genocide and a 5ball constant 2up multiplex thing (anyone know the site swap?)

Bane: 1up 360s with my new Radical Fish clubs, they just kept going a little wrong.

Once again thanks to everyone who turned up or helped out.  Also I lost my Yellow and Blue Harlequin on the day so if someone has picked it up by mistake could you please get in touch.
Bill.

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2005, 06:43:41 pm »
Quote from: Llama_Bill

Low: Letting Aaron near other people....

Was he the short chubby one who doesn't shut up? Man, he was annoying!
Luke

Llama_Bill

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2005, 08:44:46 pm »
Yeah just the guy.  At least he doesn't go to your school.
Bill.

seán_

« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2005, 11:07:36 pm »
EPCC  sub program ;)

10 PRINT 'is this a trick?'
20 IF diaboloist does  more than just speed up a diabolo THEN PRINT 'yes that is a trick!'
30 GOTO  10

Tom Derrick

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2005, 11:10:18 pm »
Haha, nicely done Sean_

seán_

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2005, 11:17:30 pm »
aah its just  youths. heartening to see so many realy into diabolo really. Give them a bit of time and see where it takes them.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2005, 07:04:17 pm »
Please say i'm not as bad as that. Sorry if I was as bad as that.

p.s Aaron was the short one with black hair who looks like peter kay if anyone wants to send death threats.

Leo
Behind your back is your front.