Author Topic: New glowing gear by Rezi  (Read 2214 times)

_Rezi

New glowing gear by Rezi
« on: September 14, 2009, 05:45:34 pm »
Hi there,

During holidays I had a lot of night performances with diabolos and I started to be bored with my lighting finesses, so I decided to made my own revolution stuff. I promised myself I do lighting sticks good as none before and I had an idea how to make kind of "plug and play" leds for diabolos. Now I can say I did it.

I have new glowing sticks, which glow even more in UV. They have fantastic 31g each and they are 27cm long.

I Have new revolutionary leds for diabolos as well. They can be easily attached in one second, because they are magnetic. I think they are good enought to be made in mass production.
So I want to hear your reasponses. And if they are possitive I start with producing and selling them.

CHECK IT OUT:

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
Re: New glowing gear by Rezi
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:50:43 pm »
They look great but i have 1 single question  :)

How is the durability on these? (: because if they break from the first drop i wouldnt consider buying them :D
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Indy

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 06:08:40 pm »
First of all, if you're planning on selling these items, it would be usefull to give some specifications about the material the sticks and the diabolo-lights are made of.
And if I were you, I would post some detailed pictures of the products, instead of showing them a split second in your video.

epicness commits

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 06:13:48 pm »
I would love to buy those handsticks, but I dont think I will get them in time for my show this weekend :(
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Paino

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 08:13:33 pm »
those look very good i want some now please :D

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 09:57:36 pm »
any comparison to the gold editions?
can't believe its not butter

_Rezi

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 03:37:31 pm »

as for the comparison,
gold edition
 are st. like 52g and they are bit longer than mine.
Gold edition sticks are first of all totally transparent in light and have wider handles. Because the transparent acryl works like a glass fiber, where the fiber leads the light throught it, they glow mostly at the ends. The handles then works like light diffusor. As you can see for instance in "liquid lights" they glow mainly in the handels, which are mostly hidden in your palms. During genocides, the golden edition is slightly better visible than my sicks.

My sticks
are made from fluorescent acryl (the same material, which is used for crystal balls and Golden edition sticks) and because they are transparent, but coloured, they are emiting light uniformly.
So far I have juggled 3 times with them outside (each time like 20min), I hit diabolo during minigenocides and I hit the ground several times as well and so far, they are working and in mint condition.

They will definitely not be ready for the show next week :)

I cant provide really detailed pictures now and anyway, these stuff shown here now are prototypes. When I decide to make them in hundreds, I will make them even more precise and provide pics of them here later.

The diods for diabolos displayed in the picture above, will be made from less pieces without nuts, diods will be covered form sides in order to avoid damage on them. And as I hope I make the diods to start glowing automatically when you attach them on the magnetic holder. So far I have had no issue with droping diods from diabolo during juggling. The magnet there is so powerful, that it withstand fall from 15m and maybe more (I can not throw higher).
The magnetic holder is 7g (each side) and the diods are 20g (each side)
In future I plan to make bearing holders (revolution kit) and holographic reflectors which will be attachable on the magnetic holder as well. The advantage of this system is, that you dont need to remove the holders for normal juggling. But you can easily attach other stuff on it in a moment.

I hope it is now clearer for you.

If you have some special wishes and ideas, just tell me..

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 04:47:53 pm »
First of good work Rezi! I love people making their own kit. I proform a glow diabolo routine professionally and an very interested in your sticks. I was getting abit worried in case my gold editions broke because apparently their not getting made anymore or the maker is out of contact with the diabolo community.

I perform with gold ed sticks as part of a fire and glow show  and love them due to the fact they very closely reassemble a normal day stick in use [I hate to use kit that dosnt feel very nice just because it is effective in a glow show, this is why I go for cyrstals as my diabolo choice]

the golds are a quality stick and look great.........HOWEVER the business end is super temperamental.

The buttons [white caps]  require allot of force to tern them on and keep them on.They continually tern off mid routine or take ages to find the magic push to keep them terned on.

I use glow balls with the twist switch method you have used and also find them temperamental to use in terms of terning them on and off and them staying either on and off [also the sundia sticks use a similar meathod and I have found the same problem.

Why can't we have a button or a switch?!

Secondly would a re chargable battery unit be possible?

Go for quality not economy please! If their is stuff your not attempting because it wouldn't be cost effective gimmy a shout and ill buy a set. compromise is a dirty word when it comes to kit.
I basically want light sabers with henrys yellow coming out the end [demanding i know  :-D].

anyway hope product development continues and we end up with a great new stick.

JC

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 10:33:38 pm »
solid work, the idea with the magnetic holders is great
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Jakob

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 05:07:58 am »
That looks pretty awesome!
//Jakob