Author Topic: 3d trapeze start tutorial  (Read 22075 times)

tetsuya

3d trapeze start tutorial
« on: June 15, 2005, 10:32:27 pm »
Ok.... Simple tutorial for a simple start!
I hope you enjoy this video!

Byez from SICILY!!!

LINK-----> http://cubone.altervista.org/3dtutorial.avi

Remember... Right click, save as

Quote from: barnesy
Thanks for the video, Tetsuya.  I've mirrored it for the people who seem to be having trouble with it here: http://www.barnesy.org/mirror/3dtutorial.avi

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 11:05:29 pm »
Hey, nice one man. That is a cool start for 3d! Ive been wondering how to start off 3 diabolos, and you answered it perfectly. Also, hey are those my colors you are trying to steal? Hmm, green and orange... good thing the other wasnt black.  :wink:
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

CM

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 12:50:28 am »
Yay! I've been working on the trapeze start for a few weeks and this really helped me work a few kinks out. thanks :D
YO!

Ifrit

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 01:56:24 am »
Thanks for the vid most likly the best ive seen for learning 3D.

I found the freeze and explainations very useful.

Know i just need to wait till the moring so i dont wake the whole house up with me dropping diabolos.

With all these great vids show starts its getting harder and harder to make excusses for not being able to do 3D.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 06:56:46 am »
you might want to find somewhere else to host that, the link doesnt work....

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 07:40:05 am »
Damn... I cant watch the vid ´cause I´m at work and offices WMP doesn´t support AVI, I have to watch it when I get home...

But basicly (in my opinion) trapeze start (at least the one in diabology) is the easiest way to start 3d low. I´m using more wrap start because it gives way more speed but I cant succeed it in same procent. I haven´t yet missed any trapeze starts (ok I have done less than 15 of them) and my 3d wrap start works (usually, of course there is bad and good days) something like 3/5.

Rigth now my problems with 3d are correcting, I can do it but my shuffle gets bad baet for couple rounds and that can tilt other two, and tricks (of course...) I mean that like in 42 I can do it something like 1/6 and sun I can do 1/20 or something but my acceleration is almost mastered (I mean that it works atleast 9/10). I trying to create 3d every pass wraps but i´m still too slow. I have to start practise more 3d... :P

Katari

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 11:10:13 am »
yes, please find another host, i cant watch the video either. or maybe someone else can upload it?? really want to see it.

thx
lalalalalalalalala *smile*

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 11:13:01 am »
I meant that my works WMP doesnt support AVI. I can download it. People if you cant watch them get codec packs. If you cant download them complain.  :P

Martijn

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 12:30:51 pm »
Can someone who've already downloaded this vid, mirror it please? There are for sure more people who want to see this tutorial.

Thanks in advance folks!
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

tetsuya

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 12:52:26 pm »
remember, RIGHT CLICK ---> SAVE OBJECT AS

byez

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 01:22:59 pm »
Thanks for the video, Tetsuya.  I've mirrored it for the people who seem to be having trouble with it here: http://www.barnesy.org/mirror/3dtutorial.avi

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 12:06:54 am »
Great video Tetsuya! A well put together video that is educational, inspirational, and fun to watch. More... more! :)

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2005, 10:56:56 am »
Mattias and I were discussing the trapeze start and he noticed that when he held the handsticks in one hand to pull the third one out, the diabolos would slide down and collide.  At first I didn't notice this, but I went back to my Beaches (still frustrated with the G2s) and noticed that this did happen.  But Tetsuya seems to be able to hold it no problems.  He's using henry's sticks though so does the notch with the knot in help hold it?

I'm using MB Performers (no notch at all) but Mattias was using Henry's.
Anyone know why this happens? Possibly the amount of spin?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

ming

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2005, 11:58:55 am »
I think stopping the diabolo sliding down and hitting the non trapeze one has to do ith how you hold the sticks in your if your holding your sticks in your left hand try twist the right hand one so its pointing to the right.

Mattias

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2005, 12:10:41 pm »
hmm, i tried it and it slides down slower when im pointing the right stick to the right.
Still pretty fast downslide but its getting there.

Thanks
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Martijn

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2005, 06:17:36 pm »
Quote from: Sean
Great video Tetsuya! A well put together video that is educational, inspirational, and fun to watch. More... more! :)

I totally agree with that Sean! I love the video :D

About the trapeze-start: I also had the slide down problem, but since I put tapes on my sticks (in the Barnesy-way :)) it works perfect for me! I like to practise 3 high again, and got myself a record of 7 throws! (very happy :P)
So try to wrap a thick layer of tape on your sticks, and when holding 2 sticks in your lefthand (righties) let the right stick point a ltitle downwards, so the trapeze-string sticks to the tape and can't slide down. Good luck!

EDIT: I made some pictures for you. You can view them in this folder.
2nd EDIT: don't use coloured tape! It made my new white Circusses all pink!

Mattias

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2005, 06:39:54 pm »
Cool, I will try that, thanks alot, really appreciated

But doesnt that give a problem with knots and stuff where the string need to slide off the sticks in the end?
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Vojtas

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2005, 06:55:58 pm »
wow, great idea. i will do it right now.. hope it'll help with 3 high... today i did 10 throws!! Yippeyahoo (does this word exists?)!!
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

Martijn

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2005, 07:07:37 pm »
Quote from: Mattias
Cool, I will try that, thanks alot, really appreciated

But doesnt that give a problem with knots and stuff where the string need to slide off the sticks in the end?

No problem dude. I think it could be a problem with magic knots and stuff, but I only have this tape on my old Henry's alu sticks with short string. I use that string only for 2d and 3d high. For 3 low I use the wrapstart and my normal-string-length-sticks (which I also use for 1d and 2d tricks)

Quote from: bLUe/shaDOw
Yippeyahoo (does this word exists?)!!

If you like the word, it excists! :P

Scooby

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 09:02:20 am »
gosh..   the video didnt work for me..

it got to the first frame of video and froze,  but the music still played until the end.

can anyone help me out on this problem?

it has happend with a few movies..

thankyou!
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------