Author Topic: I'll be in Boston November 13-15.  (Read 2026 times)

bourgeois.jason

I'll be in Boston November 13-15.
« on: October 22, 2009, 04:20:10 pm »
Hey Guys,

I'll be in Boston for a business trip soon, but I'll stay the rest of the weekend and have my wife meet me up there to enjoy the sights.  I would like to meet up with some of the diaboloists there, but I'm not sure who's there besides Jacob Sharpe.  If anyone has some spare time that weekend to help an intermediate diaboloist improve his skills, please let me know.

Also, for those of you who have been there, should I rent a car or take public transportation?  Where is a nice area to stay in town that won't be too expensive (less than $125 a night, if possible).  What are the top attractions you would recommend?  My wife and I really like historic attractions.  I know Boston is full of them, but I don't know which are the best.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Jason

ecuador16

Re: I'll be in Boston November 13-15.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 08:50:23 pm »
to be honest i dont think there are any diabolers out that way,
if i am not mistaken Jacob and Nate are no longer in Boston, they are in England now
Check IJDB if there are any clubs or something out that way during that time

NiekG

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 08:55:20 pm »
Hey Jason,

I've been in Boston a year ago, and public transportation is actually very decent. You can take the sightseeing tour, which takes you to all the historic places worth seeing, and you can also use the tourbus as transportation for the rest of the day on which you bought the ticket.
I'd personally recommend Harvard (of course) which is just plainly beautiful in my opinion. :) There are a few museums and I think you can take a boatride to see some whales, although I'm not sure if that depends on the season or something.

All in all it's a very nice city, I hope you and your wife enjoy yourselves!
Meh,

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 02:42:47 pm »
as far as i know i'm the only one near there besides nate and jacob.

i dont think i would be able to meet up. but there are some things i would reccomend the bruins game on thursday night, duck tours (if they are still up) and doing the red line tour throughout the city (thats very history packed)

have fun. oh and get the seafood
can't believe its not butter

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 03:06:57 pm »
to be honest i dont think there are any diabolers out that way,
if i am not mistaken Jacob and Nate are no longer in Boston, they are in England now
Check IJDB if there are any clubs or something out that way during that time

Jacob and Nate currently study at Cambridge university in England.

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 07:24:31 pm »
I live near Boston.
Sorry for my awful posts years ago. I was even more anal and un-self-aware than i am now.

bourgeois.jason

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 08:10:32 pm »
Not Skilled Yet,

I saw on your introduction that you live in Lexington.  I had to change my plans and will be in Worcester from November 10-12.  I won't be able to spend any time in Boston.  I saw that you are a beginner, so if you would like some help on some of the tricks you are practicing, you can get your mom or dad to drive you over.  I know it's a long drive to only practice for a couple of hours or so, but I would have really enjoyed having someone teach me while I was your age.  Make sure you get your parents' or guardians' permission and that one of them comes along!!

-Jason

ep2992

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 12:13:57 am »
I also live near Boston, in Newton, and usually end up at the MIT juggling club, which is on Sundays from 3 until 6 or so.  There aren't too  many people doing diabolo there, but if you can come let me know and maybe I'll see you there.