Author Topic: 3 Diabolo Ofek suicide trick - by Ofek Shilton  (Read 14852 times)

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
Re: 3 Diabolo Ofek suicide trick - by Ofek Shilton
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 02:42:12 pm »
really,i not sure if i saw this trick with the other 2 diabolos in shuffle,may with 2 stalls,but...in shuffle....i´m not sure

albertt

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2009, 10:05:26 pm »
You're overnatural... :o

Arjan

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 10:27:34 pm »
After a lot of practice finally I did it :)!!!
What do you say?

Yeah what do I say? Every time you release a "new" trick I want to sound more like a dick.
But this one actually is rubbish. Further more I totally agree with DiaboloDodsen's first post on this.

p.s i have another surprise ;)

Dude, please just for me, stop hyping yourself. If it fits in a happy meal it's just not big enough to be an actual surprize, not to me at least. 

bourgeois.jason

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 05:29:13 am »
Regardless of the sting length issue (which I previously commented on) or whether or not the trick is "new" (Ofek didn't claim it was), it is still a trick that requires a skill level that most of the world's diaboloists, including myself, have not yet attained.  The kid is really good at diabolo, so I don't care if it's a trick that somebody else has done or if his string is too long.  I appreciate his videos.

-Jason

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 08:22:01 am »
I really get the feeling that some adults are heavily ''producing & managing'' Ofek by clearly thinking out his style and appearance. All of his recent ''work'' gives me the feeling he is a little kid-slave who is become a merchandise-toy of adults. Such a shame.

The trick.. well, it's pretty hard I guess, but the exit trick isn't really visually appealing; the fronwrap out of the shuffle is rather dull and the exit is really ''slumpy'' and messy.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 09:17:38 am »
stop hyping yourself
that  :P

I believe Ofek's style doesn't match his technical gift. as I said time ago...

Hardcore diabolist. There're also another diabolists even with something else than hardcore stuff, like style, though.

Crushing  :P. well...I'm still waiting for Dekel and his improvements with his silky smooth 4d shuffle...

But don't forget boys, no matter what you can do: attitude. Lately, I can feel something strange and defiant in some "kid's" videos... :(

Rooted diabolist.

Arjan

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 09:38:16 am »
I really get the feeling that some adults are heavily ''producing & managing'' Ofek by clearly thinking out his style and appearance. All of his recent ''work'' gives me the feeling he is a little kid-slave who is become a merchandise-toy of adults. Such a shame.

I understand how you could come to that conclusion for yourself, altough it's still a bit to early to just fill in the blanks. Clearly Ofek is using the forum to get his face out there, for what reason what so ever. One think is really clear to me; Ofek likes diabolo a lot. I can relate to that. And technical skills are always still nice to see, and very important to any performer.
But to me the development of Ofek, from small adorable juggling prodigy to the present Ofek who seems influenced by commercial motivations, just doesn't do the job for me. Not even when he will perhaps one day land 5 ups in his show. This development seems a bit numb to me.

Paino

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2009, 05:49:42 pm »
all i have to say is ive never seen Ofek do an original trick of is own and that is what i think diabolo is about being original
and ive all ways thourt Ofek was over hyped
not that im saying he isnt good

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2009, 08:23:09 pm »
Dude, please just for me, stop hyping yourself.

many times,i think like you ;)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 09:59:47 pm »
and that is what i think diabolo is about being original
I think diaboloing is many things to many people. I, for one, am glad we have people that are pushing the technical boundaries and people that are pushing the creative boundaries.

Richard

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 09:38:02 am »
I think diaboloing is many things to many people. I, for one, am glad we have people that are pushing the technical boundaries and people that are pushing the creative boundaries.

I agree - and others that have smooth styles/grace - maybe not pushing boundaries but looking great at what they do.

Timaeschulze

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 02:49:59 pm »
I think this discussion is lame. Ofek is 14 years I think he is better than many others.
Ok I agree he is publishing himself, but that is not bad. Maybe he wants to make money with it. Whatever his technical level is such amazing. And the trick is smooth I think maybe the trick isn't original but it's done stylish.
The string length is a bit too long, but if he can play better with it, then it is his decision.
Please don't talk sh*t about him, he is an amazing player!

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 06:12:20 pm »
I think this discussion is lame. Ofek is 14 years I think he is better than many others.
Ok I agree he is publishing himself, but that is not bad. Maybe he wants to make money with it. Whatever his technical level is such amazing. And the trick is smooth I think maybe the trick isn't original but it's done stylish.
The string length is a bit too long, but if he can play better with it, then it is his decision.
Please don't talk sh*t about him, he is an amazing player!
People arent talking sh*t there giving opinions and constructive feedback. When someone says "what do you say?" that doesnt mean only say good things, that means give feedback so he can try to improve himself. Id say your post is lame for trying to stop constructive criticism.

randomlegend

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 10:36:27 pm »
Yeah what do I say? Every time you release a "new" trick I want to sound more like a dick.
But this one actually is rubbish. Further more I totally agree with DiaboloDodsen's first post on this.

Dude, please just for me, stop hyping yourself. If it fits in a happy meal it's just not big enough to be an actual surprize, not to me at least.

I am sorry but that is NOT constructive criticism.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2009, 11:42:25 pm »
I think you'll find it was plenty constructive.  Far more than yours anyhow.
Alex abuses flys!

4leek24

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 12:25:33 am »
I think you'll find it was plenty constructive.  Far more than yours anyhow.
how is that constructive. its basically saying flat out "i hate you, and your trick sucks" this discussion is going nowhere. hes 14, and a good diaboloist. maybe that trick was hard for him. sean has mentioned he couldnt get 2d suns, so this could be a good trick for him.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 12:47:35 am »
sean has mentioned he couldnt get 2d suns, so this could be a good trick for him.
Woah - how did I get pulled into this!? :) For the record I could always do 2d suns, just not very well and I couldn't link together consecutive suns in a relaxed manner for many years. Thankfully it finally clicked a couple years ago. Likewise with 3d suns. They clicked sometime this year. Anyways...

This conversation really isn't going anywhere at this point. I'm shutting 'er down for the time being.

Peace, love, and spinning plastic toys. This is serious stuff guys.

Dixie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 12:28:11 am »
quote: SNL Black eyed peace

Everybody! Everybody! Lets get barmitswa in here! Lets get barmitswa in now!

But whats the suprise?