Author Topic: "Diabolumberto Trick of the Week"  (Read 3290 times)

Llama_Bill

"Diabolumberto Trick of the Week"
« on: June 21, 2005, 12:03:28 pm »
Has the "Diabolumberto Trick of the Week" stopped or is it just my computer being bad, as I haven’t seen a new trick of the week for a while now.  Is it the same for everyone or just me?  I really liked the videos I got from there and it would be bad if it stopped.
Bill.

Sean

• Administrator
Re: "Diabolumberto Trick of the Week"
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 01:12:45 pm »
It's only stopped temporarily. Diabolumberto wrote a message a couple weeks ago on Jongle.net that I will attempt to translate an abridged version of:

--------------------
Because the tricks are becoming more and more rare, I propose to you for the month of June a small challenge:

The challenge is to create a small diabolo figure/sequence, not terribly new or complicated and in the least edited form you can. So, to your cameras - you have 3 weeks to film your piece and we will make a small compilation at the end of the month.

Send tricks to diabolumberto "at" yahoo.fr or by messenger.
--------------------

(Best to send the video in high quality .AVI or .WMV format.

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 01:36:00 pm »
and the next trick perhaps will be mine ^^

Arjan

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 03:43:40 pm »
Yeah... I have spoken with Umberto about this.. From what I understand:
Make a video, with a trick, in a special location.. Maybe he himself will tell us more about this...
I think that video will come next sunday or something.

Llama_Bill

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 04:33:44 pm »
Thanks as I don’t check Jongle.net that often and my French just about stretches to say "Bonjour, ca va?" I had no clue. I guessed he would have said something but I couldn't find it.  The next one should be good then.  By the way Tahia and Arjan you don't have any newish videos of you (that you aren't sending to Diabolumberto) as I really like your styles but I haven't seen anything from you in a while.
Bill.

Arjan

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 08:54:28 pm »
Thnx for the complitment Lama_Bill..
Well this is the deal:

I`ll start shooting some movies after the EJC. So that`s why you won`t see me doing a lot. I promise to try as hard to make a very nice movie, but you`ll have to wait.

Martijn

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 08:38:54 am »
Yeap, he's just saving up all of his mad tricks for one hell of a video :wink:
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 08:45:26 am »
well like umberto i'm preparing a new vidéo... i've already some good scene filmed... and there will be a lot of 3 low:) my real first vidéo with my real 3 low!! some new trick in 2 low too i hope never seen before  :twisted:  and perhaps some dancing 2 high siteswap :D(you know ,diabs diabs revollution.... :D)!
the probleme is that i don't know when i'll finish that cause i haven't a lot of time.. so perhaps in 2weeks.. perharp in august if i want to have beautiful trick in beautiful place like castle :)!! so here's is my news for the moment!!

Llama_Bill

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 09:22:25 am »
Well it's good to hear that you two are going to be making what sounds like two great diabolo videos.   Your videos (720 stall to S-Fan and 1 Year of Diaboloing) were the first I saw and they just amazed me, as they were the first real diaboloing I had seen and I'm still aiming to do a few tricks out of any of your videos.
Bill.