Author Topic: Diabolo Gear Survey 2010  (Read 9761 times)

Mr.D

Re: Diabolo Gear Survey 2010
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 07:55:55 pm »
Great survey, Sean, I can't wait for the results :)
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 08:39:00 pm »
A couple days in the off-topic section and 1 day public and we already have half as many responses as all of last year!

I think we have a lot of frequent readers without forum accounts. Hi to all of you. :)

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 08:43:39 pm »
Sean I'm not sure how the results are stored and in what file type/database type. But is it stored in a user friendly enough way for the results to be updated in real time in to the graphs and stuff? Assuming that it wouldn't take to much time and that you don't devote your entire life to this site?
Alex abuses flys!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 09:09:13 pm »
Yeah, there are the google summary results which are updated in realtime. Unfortunately they also have the feedback question and the usernames so I haven't made the document public.

It's stored in a google spreadsheet. I've already played around a bit writing some code to analyze the results. Once I get that together it will be fast to update and have an online summary sheet full of graphs that gets updated on a regular basis.

What questions are people interested in seeing addressed? Anything to do with the data collected. Ask away.

Toby

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 09:37:57 pm »
Might be nice to know how many people (out of everyone and all the diabolos) modify their diabolos or just use them stock.

Midoryu

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 07:10:14 am »
This is amazing.  Great publicity too.  We can all pitch in ideas to add to this, and this will be BIG.
If you juggle and you know it, do [insert complex siteswap notation].

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 03:58:54 am »
Is your country represented? Would be good to get some of our Asian readers too. Anyone need help or can offer help translating?

Those are survey responses scaled to 2005 national population, if you're interested. Log transformed colour scale, so the actual differences are even greater than they appear. Otherwise Finland and the Netherlands would blow everything else out of the water!

I've changed my mind about the frequently updated results. Most of the people that are going to take the survey have already done so. We're well over 200 now but it has slowed down considerably. I'm going to analyze the data once and do it right with a full graphical report of the data -- something that wouldn't be easy or necessary to update. Unless we get an influx from another location (Asia?) the results have steadied out and aren't going to change. I'll do it whenever I happen to find the time, but likely well before the end of the year. Hopefully in the next few months.

If there's anything you'd be interested to see included, please let me know.

Midoryu

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 02:43:07 am »
Hmm...help with translations is certianly possible; we could have, like, an Languages subdivision of D.ca so that we could work on translating the site into various languages.  Then we will REALLY go public...
If you juggle and you know it, do [insert complex siteswap notation].

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 11:50:32 pm »
Started putting together a report based on this data. As a result I've closed the survey for the year. Responses have slowed down to 1 or 2 a day anyways. Thanks for the ~280 responses!

7-Sins

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 01:09:43 am »
cool nice job cant wait for the results!
VERTAX is only rubbish if you suck at it, (most people do)(me too)

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 11:13:43 am »
I think that the major amount of people have choosen for the new sundia's... Followd by the taibolo's :)

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 06:17:39 pm »
where can i see the results?

Rickr

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2010, 09:26:07 pm »
are the results already there?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2010, 11:21:06 pm »
Yes, sorry. I got started analyzing the results and then got sidetracked by the rest of life. I have quite a few graphs already put together so I might just release what I already have, make the data publicly available, and call it a day for now.