Author Topic: Starting and correcting 2 diabolos  (Read 98996 times)

seán_

Re: Starting and correcting 2 diabolos
« Reply #400 on: June 10, 2011, 10:50:38 am »

I have been asking around trying to find out how to do multiple diabolo for ages but I have had no luck. People have tried passing it in I have tried self start and wrap start, plus I have been at it constantly for 2 years now, but still no luck!

Plz help!!!!

Don't know what to suggest if you've put 2 years into. can you upload a video of a few attempts?
Also consider learning 2 high and lowering it.

Hi,

I have lots of troubles with rewrapping a diabolo during the shuffle to accelerate,
when I rewrap one I can't get it higher in the string and they collide fast afterwards.
I tried to pull with my stick slowly and faster, but with no success. I use Finesse G4's without evo kits, if that's important to know.
Hopefully someone knows what I am doing wrong:)

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=34 as this thread is about the first part of learning 2d

There are a few threads on backwraps/speedwraps and 'Tijn did a tutorial (that seems to be down) check some old threads.
Basically if you haven't got a solid (preferably corectable) shuffle then keep working on that.

To back wrap you need to bring/reach your hand over the diabolo pretty much as it is coming off the string. This is easier with a slow shuffle and the ability to 'pop' a diabolo up out of the shuffle (moving lh up and to left).

To stop the diabolo dropping down and colliding a few things can help. When you wrap try and wrap close to the RH, when wrapped bring your RH across to the right side and up a bit. Use old or soaped string.

Stick with it.

creature420

« Reply #401 on: June 29, 2011, 11:39:24 am »
hey guys :) i just started 2 diabolo about a week ago  i can spin them, grind, high throw and 1 up sun's , learning sprinklers and S-fans,  i was wondering if somone could advise me as how to straiten out my diabolo's ( both leaning outward and off center ways) i can do it with 1 , moving the string back and poking the cups however it doesnt work with 2 !!
any simple advice would be awsome :)
thank yous
krisoff

onewheeldave

« Reply #402 on: April 25, 2012, 02:37:54 am »
hey guys :) i just started 2 diabolo about a week ago  i can spin them, grind, high throw and 1 up sun's , learning sprinklers and S-fans,  i was wondering if somone could advise me as how to straiten out my diabolo's ( both leaning outward and off center ways) i can do it with 1 , moving the string back and poking the cups however it doesnt work with 2 !!
any simple advice would be awsome :)
thank yous
krisoff

I'm really surprised you can do all those tricks before you've learnt to correct the diabolos! Are you using fixed, or bearing axle diabolos?

Essentially you can't correct 2 by moving the string back and forth, like you'd do with one.

Instead, all corrections have to be done by touching a diabolo, usually with your dominant hand handstick, in specific places.

There's lot's of tutorials on how to do it, but, you can learn which places have which effect, by using one diabolo, get it spinning fast, hook your dominant handstick over the other, so the diabolos held up in a loop of string, then experiment with altering it's tilt and angle, just by touching the cups with your dominant handstick.

For example, touching the top of the near cup will turn the diabolo without altering the tilt- touching the top of the far cup will turn it in the opposite direction: touching the side of the near cup (at ninety degrees to the top) will tilt it, and touching the side of the far cup will tilt it the other way: touching anywhere between the top and side, will both turn and tilt it, proportionate to it's proximity to the top/side.

Getting one diabolo doing leg orbits is also excellent practice- by adjusting the tilt and turn of the diabolo purely by touching as described above, you should be able to sustain the leg orbit indefinitly.

chrisj

« Reply #403 on: September 08, 2012, 08:52:42 am »
I've always used the wrap start..I'm still having a little trouble correcting, but im starting to get the hang of it...as for type of diabolos, I stick with the wide-axle version of the Henry's circus.

Graham Milligan

« Reply #404 on: November 05, 2012, 09:53:20 pm »
Hey, ive decided after too long of not being arsed to learn 2 diabolo, to learn 2 diabolo. I can get into shuffle no problem and am practising magic knots and attempting to learn mini-gs but whenever im in shuffle my diabolos seem to be tilting backwards alot and sometimes will tilt all the way back and spin out of control within a couple of orbits.
Can anyone shed any light on this?
Some Craic!

cyrus0135

« Reply #405 on: January 06, 2014, 04:24:45 am »

5p3ak

« Reply #406 on: June 09, 2014, 02:38:34 pm »
Is there a sticky for 3D and 4D ?

Hey, ive decided after too long of not being arsed to learn 2 diabolo, to learn 2 diabolo. I can get into shuffle no problem and am practising magic knots and attempting to learn mini-gs but whenever im in shuffle my diabolos seem to be tilting backwards alot and sometimes will tilt all the way back and spin out of control within a couple of orbits.
Can anyone shed any light on this?

I beleive you may be accidentally correcting the diabolo without you knowing it. Check your left stick and try to make a straight line, between the 2 sticks, parallel to the cup of the Diabolos
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

« Reply #407 on: October 26, 2014, 06:38:32 pm »
Ask me for tricks
Here you can see some of them

or here

Enjoy ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

KavomatovlFug

Starting and correcting 2 diabolos
« Reply #408 on: January 06, 2015, 11:35:22 pm »
i got another question wen doing a barrel roll my board flys off half way in the air everytime y?

Technomonkey

« Reply #409 on: January 07, 2015, 12:26:08 am »
how do you correct the yoyo when its turning to far counter clockwise because right now im trying to correct it but cant reach its very difficult. also sometimes it lands on my stick or its turned too far that i cant correct it. Also how do you transition into a trick for example like leg orbit the string is always moving but i get it if someone was doing three yoyos because the string forms like a triangle for someone to stick there leg through. Transitioning into a trick with doulbe diabolo is difficult
Working my way up!
-Technomonkey