Author Topic: Mr Babache 'ALU ST' 'ST Flex '& 'CARBON' 'Diabolo Stick' - thoughts/mini test  (Read 13132 times)

mike.

• VotW Contributor
crackers where did u get them from and how much are they?
can't believe its not butter

Hathaway

• Donator
Aren't they the ones Trash makes?
Alex abuses flys!

Martijn

He got them by MB, for testing purposes.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
Forgot to answer to that.
Cheers Martijn

Valium

• Donator
I bought the alus yesterday, they play like improved henrys sticks. Nice handles (those on xtremes would be awesome instead of the crappy classic grips) and good weight (maybe a bit to heavy for me) .
They seem like the perfect stick at the moment.

Wigg wigg

Do the Mister Babache Hand sticks from oddballs come with sring?
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 06:01:20 pm »
Just wondering if Mister Babache Hand sticks from oddballs come with sring?
Diabolo tricks are never hard beacause the person who invented them thought they were easy!!!

Toby

• Donator
Yeah, they should do. I know for a fact that the extremes do so I would guess all the other sticks do. I found the string they come with isn't very good though so I normally just change it to the Henry's yellow anyway.

Icebox

Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone tried the carbon sticks out? I'm trying to find some options for when My Henry's carbons break and I wondered if these were any good. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

seán_

Re: Mr Babache 'ALU ST' & 'CARBON' 'Diabolo Stick' - Initial thoughts/mini test
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 01:26:42 am »
Pics of anodised alus. Haven't tried these, I notice mention of 'Flex' and 'Flexible' Aluminium in the packaging so maybe play different from the standard Alus (which I like btw)

I cant see them being as flexible as certain plastic sticks, probably just different feel to the Alu

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 09:43:49 pm »
Pics of anodised alus. Haven't tried these, I notice mention of 'Flex' and 'Flexible' Aluminium in the packaging so maybe play different from the standard Alus (which I like btw)

I cant see them being as flexible as certain plastic sticks, probably just different feel to the Alu

how heavy are these? and where are the ends?
where can i buy these???

seán_

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2010, 03:14:48 am »
how heavy are these? and where are the ends?
where can i buy these???
weight probably around the same as the other Alus
In the UK the distributors have them, shops can order them from them (or you can if you don't want to wait).

Like I said in the reply to your question in the titanium thread. if the UK distributor has them, every distributer can get them, so any shop should be able to get ahold of them.

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2010, 10:36:02 pm »
weight probably around the same as the other Alus
In the UK the distributors have them, shops can order them from them (or you can if you don't want to wait).

Like I said in the reply to your question in the titanium thread. if the UK distributor has them, every distributer can get them, so any shop should be able to get ahold of them.

what happened to the tips?

wgm

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 04:19:35 am »
no tips. i think they are stringed like a regular aluminum stick.

Will G

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2010, 01:33:48 pm »
On the topic of these sticks, has Babache improved/changed the extremes recently? Just wondering

liqinglei419

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 03:37:30 am »

About the flexibility, that doesn't sound right. Anodizing aluminum will make that metal making easier to absorb dyes, explaining those colors, and the sticks it should last longer than regular aluminum sticks, since they don't oxidize over time, which weakens them really badly. I've never heard of anodizing aluminum adding flexibility to metals.

Anyways, I'm rather interested in buying those sticks, are there any vendors that sell them and ship to the US, or are in the US?

seán_

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2010, 12:10:54 am »
About the flexibility, that doesn't sound right. ...
I'm aware of anodizing and it's effects on materials (and the effect on manu price)
MrB stuff ocaisionally has been known to come onto market with some strange info in the packaging.

Having not tried these sticks in action and measured them up against the standard alus I'm not sure what level of flex there is, wether the base Al. is different or indeed wether standard alu's are coming with the flex tagline (in comparison to xtremes) Time and research will show.

If you want them in the states check out the shops that usually carry Mr B stuff see if they have them yet. if your in a rush butterfingers have them and ship stateside, If Oddballs/Firetoys haven't got them yet they soon will have (more than likely) both ship international. (as do many other shops)

liqinglei419

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 01:19:05 am »
I looked at the ones that are in the states, but none that i know sell them at this moment.
I checked the following sites:
Yosyo Sam's
Jugglingstore.com
Dube

None of them seem to get new items from Mr. Babache, or any other company. Are there any other US stores around?

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 01:26:31 am »
none that have what you are looking for
can't believe its not butter

liqinglei419

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2010, 01:56:24 am »
Well still, are there any other diabolo stores in the US? The stores I have been looking around tend to not sell what I am looking for, or that I'm sure that there are better prices for the gear (I found out jugglingstore.com sells some of their diabolos A LOT higher than other stores.)

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2010, 02:09:39 am »
Well still, are there any other diabolo stores in the US? The stores I have been looking around tend to not sell what I am looking for, or that I'm sure that there are better prices for the gear (I found out jugglingstore.com sells some of their diabolos A LOT higher than other stores.)

butterfingers has them