Author Topic: Your diabolos colors. Why did you choose them?  (Read 50573 times)

Matt_

• Donator
Re: Your diabolos colors. Why did you choose them?
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2005, 07:41:29 pm »
dude, don't you remember matt fernandez's glow circus? he's had it for a long time and he used to bring it to juggling club all the time...

mattias: you have one and havent tried in the dark?!?! what are you waiting for! when i borrowed the glow one, i waited until night time, stuck it in my lamp for a minute, then turned off the light. it actually glows for a long long time. i did diabolo for a while till i was tired, then put it down and went to bed and it was STILL glowing.

ginger_tom: do they have the moon G2s yet? i havent seen em...the only moon finesse (that's what they are called actually) are G1s (that ive seen)

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2005, 09:22:44 pm »
He did? I never seen him use it. Or maybe I did, but it was sunny, so I thought it was just a regular one. Man, I miss juggling club. It would be pretty sweet to have summer juggling club. :D . Im still looking for some nearby clubs to go to though, maybe Kluts on saturday weekends.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2005, 10:12:55 pm »
well, it looks like a miscolored white one so perhaps you didnt notice..

glow is a cool color to have in a diabolo, the only problem is it just looks REALLY nasty unless it's glowing. in pictures its not too bad, but in real life it looks like it was supposed to be clear but has been sitting in someone's windowsill for 10 years.

alon

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2005, 12:09:09 pm »
i have 2 finesse 2 and one orange and one red

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2005, 01:10:49 pm »
Hmm... I have orange, green and yellow G1´s, I have no idea why. I just wanned 3 different colour diabs.

I also have purple/black, red/white/blue and red/white arlequinos but not using them too much.

I like different coloured diabs maybe because you can see easily which is loosing speed, and stuff like that... Bad thing is that different colours distracs the original colour when other diab hit.

Sorry bad english but here is hot and I´m not in the mood for thinkin...

QUOTH

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2005, 08:49:52 pm »
i have a black circus, and am looking to buy a red circus. just thought it would look snazzy with a red and black diabolo my black henries handsticks.

now i just need to find a stockists for henries red string.......
If you see me please feel free to come over and give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

I use red and black circus's, wear to much black and will be at the BJC.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2005, 12:37:27 am »
Quote from: QUOTH
Ah, well if you're UK bound, then try Butterfingers who have flourescent red string, that really is quite red.  More Finesse red than Circus red though (it's a lil orange).

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

schlanger

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2005, 07:13:31 pm »
well i have two finnesses ( 1 g1 and the other g2) which are yellow and pink. i also have a red and black med. harlequin and a metal fire diabolo. :wink:
schlanger is upon us

fildas

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2005, 08:15:52 pm »
I've 3 circus...-yellow,orange and light blue(not blue)........or good:blue,light blue,green...... 8)
.....sorry, my english is not good.....

Twilite

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2005, 11:51:14 pm »
Just got two new Circuses in orange and green. Not exactly sure why I chose them in the end, but I have a sneaking suspicion I was subliminally influenced by the Leeds Lot video  :oops:
Curiosity may have killed a whole cat, but Schrodinger only killed half...

QUOTH

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2005, 11:19:03 am »
Quote from: xfirebladex
Quote from: QUOTH
Ah, well if you're UK bound, then try Butterfingers who have flourescent red string, that really is quite red.  More Finesse red than Circus red though (it's a lil orange).

Chiok

thankyou, will have to but a few meters :D
If you see me please feel free to come over and give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

I use red and black circus's, wear to much black and will be at the BJC.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2005, 11:54:46 am »
Pulling up another old thread...

Luminous Henrys Circuses - They're the same price as a regular one from Butterfingers so I was thinking of getting them instead of the white Circuses I was going to get.  Now, should I get two glow ones, or two white ones.  Glow in the dark would be nice, but I hear the slightly off white colour can look pretty nasty, but exactly how nasty?  But then I've always wanted to own a white diabolo...

Might get a white G2 as they seem to have been through the Daz challange.  Are they lots whiter than a white circus?

Chiok

Mattias

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2005, 12:08:20 pm »
In my opinion henry props have a very ugly white colour, especially the diabolos. Not at all as brilliantly white the finnesses are. So if you want to go with a good white, use finesses

But if you want circuses I would get glow in the dark ones as they are just slightly of the whie ones in whiteness, and well, they glow in the dark.

Good luck
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

nev

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2005, 12:37:24 pm »
If the whiteness is really important then go with the G2 as they really are dazzlingly white compared to a circus.  Also they are MUCH easier to keep white as they are so much easier to clean.

As an added bonus - despite what has been written on the opacity of the white G2 - the blue LED kits do shine through a white G2's cups enough to be perfectly usable at night. (a faint pale blue glow to the player and brilliantly bright for the viewers).  The other coloured LED kits dont shine through at all though.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Mithew

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2005, 09:19:53 pm »
i have two blue diabolos, mainly because i like the color blue and i didn't know the exact hues of the other diabolos i could order.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Ben

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2005, 06:33:43 am »
i have 3 white Henry's Circus or at least they used to be white heh haven’t cleaned them for a while.. i got white just because .. i dono they are easy to see and they work well for performing

1 red MB diabolo that i cannot identify what exact type it is... but i like it for excalibur red because i got it used and that’s the color it was

3 harlequins 2 red white and blue ones and one green because i got those when i was dumb and just learning how do diabolo

and then a few of other random ones

i want to get some white YoHos to match my Henry's Circus but they are impossible to find because Ryo Yabe took them all :( hah

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2005, 11:34:26 am »
Quote from: mynci
If the whiteness is really important then go with the G2 as they really are dazzlingly white compared to a circus.  Also they are MUCH easier to keep white as they are so much easier to clean.
Well, my point being, is that I am going to get two Circuses (Circi) but wanted to know whether it's of any detrement to get them in the glow colour instead of white.  I'm aware of the near blinding white that G2s get (from Tijn's photos of his cleaned ones).  

So I'll get glow ones then if white Circuses aren't really that special.  Shame I can't see one up close.  Rubbish really...

busk

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2005, 01:22:05 pm »
uhm i have 6 circus with teflon axle:

-yellow (it was my first..it's called Moomie)

-light blue (my second, it's called Furn)

-red (my third, it's called Fuster)

and the yellow/light blue/red it's a tribute to baptiste in two loose in toulouse

after some time o made an order on line:

-orange (called Di Benga (Diby for friends 8)  )...like my head teacher..that idiot.. :?  ) and

-2 white circus (they are nameless..)

those colors are becaus...uhm.. i always wished to have 2 white circus...and by the way i bought an orange one too...without real motivation (anyway the orange one is my favourite)

i have also 3 wide axle yellow finesse G1 (tribute to antonin ''of baguettes and diabolos.. obviously  8) , maybe with the same diabolos i will become like him.. )

and last but not least 2 finesse G2 bought last week..(without wide axle)

-one withe ( white finesse are awesome! it's called Tubo II )

-and one orange (still nameless...but the combination white/orange is very nice..)

that's all bifolks..i know..lots of diabolo make you feel powerful! :twisted:

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2005, 04:39:11 pm »
My first decent diabolo's were Mr.B Harlequins. I got 2 one blue and yellow the other red and yellow. Then about a year and a half later when i wanted to start learning 3 i got another one in purple and yellow. I proceeded to mix up the cups so i had three diferent colour combo diabolos. Some time after when i had got 3 circuses( a blue, an orange, and a purple) i sold two of the 3 harlequins to a friend. But i couldn't find one of them so i couldn't match up the cups. So in effect i gave him one diabolo and two halves of two different diabolos. i still haven't found the other 1.

Since then i have bought 3 new yellow finesses because i din't like the messiness of the different cololurs i had had before. And this way i couldn't choos favourites. I also liked them because they were Antonins colours in diabology and he is one of the most inspiring diabolists i have ever seen.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2005, 08:15:14 pm »
one pink finesse G1 (like the colour, but the damn thing is stuck on someones balcony for 3 weeks now and I still couldnt get it down :P)
one yellow finesse G1, bright and nice
and 2 two circus, one red and one black, got these two because the shop didnt have any better colours