Author Topic: Your diabolos colors. Why did you choose them?  (Read 51095 times)

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
Re: Your diabolos colors. Why did you choose them?
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2005, 10:25:51 pm »
2 red, 2blue, 2 white circuses, cus the colors go well together, and, for G2:
3 Red/yellow, 2 red/orange, and 2 orange/yellow, because they're bright, interesting, and go well iwht henrys orange string fantastically (we lost on of our original 2 red/yellow ones, so we bought a red and a yellow and made two new ones). we also have 2 r/w/b harlequins and a b/w harlequin. I think that's it.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

frank0072

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2005, 07:35:52 pm »
I have a black and a white Circus. First I bought the black, because I didn't see that anywhere, so I thought it would be different. After that I bought a white one, because I thought the contrast would be cool. Turns out that the white one becomes even blacker then the black one...
Next time I'll probably buy G2's, but I am not sure yet, not even if there will be a next time.

Frank
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

ScottMcG

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2005, 07:00:48 pm »
i got a yellow G2 first coz it was the only colour they had
then for my second G2 i got an orange one coz it goes well with my yellow one...
for my third i'll probably get red

fredo

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2005, 02:39:59 pm »
I have two white Finesses for stage and one yellow and one red, the cups mixed. I've also two orange circus, but i rarely play with them.

Scooby

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2005, 12:22:54 pm »
I have a Yellow and Black Yoho (yoho because im australian and there light) because it goes with the "caution" sign.

2 Red and black Yoho's for 2D (which i am currently learning, i think i need to goto france and find0 some clubs there)  because red and black are my traditional circus colours.

a "glow in Da Dark" Henrys..  i actually wanted a white finesse because they look really good on Diabology, but somehow i got a henrys.... strange....
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2005, 05:02:57 pm »
i have 4 circus, 3 black and 1 white.  i also have a yellow and a orange finesse g2. (no idea why)
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

BlueNovember

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2005, 06:23:00 pm »
I have a Yellow, Orange, and a Glow G2.

Together they look like this:

For 1d work I use the Glow, as it looks white and modern (white is the new black? Death to iPods for over-exploiting this).

For a 2d shuffle I plan to swap the cups on the Y/O to get l33t Orannellow:

--

I probably would have gone with Glow/Red/Blue for British colours, but
a) They had no Blue in stock when I ordered
b) I'm not really British
c) They're also the american and French colours, so a little pointless trying to show patriotism. Heh.

Orange does look really good. I think the yellow is a little too dull though.

Martijn

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2005, 06:26:55 pm »
Quote from: BlueNovember
For a 2d shuffle I plan to swap the cups on the Y/O to get l33t Orannellow

Be my guest, but if your diabolos become instable, I suggest you swap them back.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

BlueNovember

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2005, 09:12:27 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
Quote from: BlueNovember
For a 2d shuffle I plan to swap the cups on the Y/O to get l33t Orannellow

Be my guest, but if your diabolos become instable, I suggest you swap them back.

Does it really make that much of a difference? =o
Meh, I suppose if they're accurate enough to require the two dimples to be aligned then that would make sense.

Thanks for the warning mate.

the_don

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2005, 10:06:37 pm »
Hello

I use 2 Red and Green G2's with the cups mixed. They are just as stable as the single coloured ones. So i see no reason to worry. I dont know why I chose red and green just thought it would look cool which it does so misson accomplished.
"""______"""""""""
"""||}{|______"""
"""|""""|"""""""""""
"""|"""/""""""""""""
"""|""/"""""""""""""
""|}{|"""""""""""""

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2005, 12:37:09 am »
some people say it's unstable, some find it fine. Remi had his "famous" yellow/red combination for a while...

Norbert

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2005, 07:52:36 am »
I have 1 orange and 1 blue G2's, first I couldn't choose between green and orange and it became orange. And blue is, I think, a good combination with orange. And i'm expecting to get a new G2 sunday evening (sinterklaas, dutch tradition).

I cleaned my diabolo's one time and weighted them, the blue one was heavier, so I think if I would mix the cups they will become unstable. And anyway, I don't really like mixed cup ;)

jammy

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2005, 09:57:02 am »
i av 3 Finesse G2s n 1 is red and 1 is yellow and the last 1 is blue! i just fort that the primer colors would look the best!
Ìf¤¡ñºÐøû߆°G°¡†¤Õù†°

Martijn

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2005, 10:01:10 am »
I must have said this before in the forum, but when I mixed my red and white (they say white is 1gr heavier...?) Finesse cups, Arjan felt that they were pretty unstable after switching. At the time, I didn't really notice, but I believed Arjan, so I mixed them back. I'm not saying this will allways happen, but if it happens, you'd better swap back :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

the_don

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2005, 10:16:55 am »
If you mix blue or white with another colour it is going to be more unstable becasue the blue and white cups are made of slightly different material. They are opaque instead of translucent for some reason. Other colours should be alright though.
"""______"""""""""
"""||}{|______"""
"""|""""|"""""""""""
"""|"""/""""""""""""
"""|""/"""""""""""""
""|}{|"""""""""""""

DrRobotnik

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2005, 09:37:01 pm »
I swaped the cups on my yellow and green g2s a while back and they became unstable. I think the green is slightly heavier.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2005, 11:51:28 pm »
Different material perhaps, but it's not entirely about different colours.  With any manufacturing process, especially one which is moulded, you're never gonna get exactly the same thing, every time you make a cup.  And it's probably difficult to make the cups homogenous (same throughout) which is why I believe they match up cups into pairs which balance out.  They probably sort through all the cups, put them on a rig on in a jig to see if they balance and then bag them up as a pair so that when assembled, they should run true.  So mixing might not be a great idea as the different between the two cups might be enough to cause wobbles and instabilities.

I believe I've said that somewhere before too...

Plus, I am now the proud owner of 2 Glow Henrys Circus.  They're awfully sharp around the edge but they do look nice.  Though people were right, those axles can't take any sort of punishment, might have to try making some replacement hubs of my own...

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2005, 04:51:23 am »
all i have now is:
Edit: OG;DC
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Squiggle

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2005, 05:16:01 am »
like will im hope fully gettin some new g2s for xmas  :D  

im gettin 2 white and 1 red .

Because white lloks wicked but i needed to pick one dif colour so things like 42  in 3d would look more impressive .

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2005, 08:26:02 am »
you know, its nice to have matching diabolo colors because it's pro, but i find it a lot easier to do 2D with differnet colors...