Author Topic: String going frictionless  (Read 2327 times)

Rusty

String going frictionless
« on: March 05, 2010, 06:07:27 pm »
My string just lost all friction, has that happened to you before and how do you fix it. Usually my string has almost no friction when it is new then when I use it for a while it gets better and it just gets more and more friction until it is not usable again. But I cannot remember it losing all its friction before.

Anders

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
Re: String going frictionless
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 06:14:02 pm »
did you do tricks where you use your hands or the string touches your body? running string across your neck will make it extremely slippery and after doing neck-transfers in vertax it's hard to do multiple diabolos for a while
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Toddyupa

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 08:14:10 pm »
About string going slippery...
has anyone else found that if you eat a handful of chips and then do diabolo again the string is more slippery for a while? :)
pretentious 12 year old

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 08:17:59 pm »
Toddyupa thats because of the oils from the chips (: anything that has oils will do. your skin, for example is covered with it so that makes it slippery too (:
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Mr_Alex

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 07:20:22 pm »
 8) had the same problem when i travelled to france in summer: at home in germany my robe had perfect friction but there: nothing. i scratched them at a stone and it worked. i don't now your reason: skin--> oil, like tipper said already, maybe it's wet from snow. dry the robe a few hours and maybe it will work again!
you say goodbay i say halo

jahacky

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 12:40:33 am »
haha yeh greasy string is a nightmare with some tricks. Has anyone ever had the problem with muliple diabolos and wet string? it feels frictionless then all of a sudden it gains grip and grabs one of the diabolos and the other clobbers you round the face? i dunno if thats off topic but this reminded me
......Jack......