Author Topic: juggling and diabolo at the same time?  (Read 11120 times)

pacman

juggling and diabolo at the same time?
« on: July 03, 2005, 10:17:32 am »
i have a vision  :wink:

i thought about the possibility to juggle with three balls and doing 2 diabolos at the same time.
is that possible? i think it could work because the moving of the hands is similar.

what do you think?

greetz pacman

ps. sorry about my english  :roll:
Greetz from germany

Vojtas

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 10:47:33 am »
how you want to hold the sticks and juggle the balls in the same time? you will need 4 hands! but i'll try to do it...   :D

EDIT: tried it a few times now and seems impossible to me... i can't do it neither with one diabolo.

Problem no. 1:  it's soooo hard to put balls in your hands when you're doing two
Problem no. 2:  it's soooo MUCH harder to juggle the balls, hold the sticks and control the rotation!!!!
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

Mattias

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 10:48:31 am »
If you hold the sticks in one hand and juggle three balls in the other it should work. But if you have one stick in each hand it can be quite hard, dont know which kind you are thinking of though.

Oh well, definately worth trying anyway. good luck.
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

pacman

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 11:03:45 am »
Quote from: bLUe/shaDOw

Problem no. 1:  it's soooo hard to put balls in your hands when you're doing two

thats my first problem too

my first try was juggling with sticks in my hand(without diabolo) and thats hard enough  :wink:
Greetz from germany

Vojtas

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 11:18:24 am »
got an idea - take a tape and attach sticks to your wrists - now you don't have to hold the sticks, you have free hands to juggle... wanted to try it but have no tape at home  :cry:

EDIT: I found some tape.

Don't even try that!!!  IT IS A BAD IDEA!!! Man, it HURTS...  :cry:
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

pacman

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 12:12:01 pm »
but its a very nice idea :-)
Greetz from germany

juggleBG

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 08:00:17 pm »
I can juggle three rings in one hand whilst shuffling two with the other?  That's not quite as good I suppose.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2005, 08:25:45 pm »
Hey, how about you get three hackey sacks, then try to do two diabolos, and you can use the backs of your hands  to juggle the hackeysacks. Maybe even add some kicks to the combos. I dont have three hackey sacks, so ill leave this one up to you guys.

I say hackey sacks because they are soft, and wont fall off as much as a tennis ball, or any harder ball.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Twilite

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2005, 08:45:29 pm »
Quote from: bLUe/shaDOw
got an idea - take a tape and attach sticks to your wrists - now you don't have to hold the sticks, you have free hands to juggle... wanted to try it but have no tape at home  :cry:

EDIT: I found some tape.

Don't even try that!!!  IT IS A BAD IDEA!!! Man, it HURTS...  :cry:

Did you tape the sticks in just one place? I can see that hurting. If that's what you did, and you want to try again (I don't see why you would if it hurt before!) you could try taping the sticks at the bottom, on your forearms, and again at the end, near your wrists, that way they wouldn't twist and dig in?
Curiosity may have killed a whole cat, but Schrodinger only killed half...

GbH

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2005, 09:17:45 pm »
I know how to do it, with a proper two-hand three ball cascade and no sticky  tape or extra stuff (and certainly no extra people).  Easy, when you know how.

I suppose I could tell you how, but it'll be more fun to let you figure it out for yourselves.  :0)

Guy

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2005, 11:38:33 pm »
i think i may have a plan aswell. hmmmmmm

Vojtas

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2005, 08:00:04 am »
Quote from: Twilite
Did you tape the sticks in just one place? I can see that hurting. If that's what you did, and you want to try again (I don't see why you would if it hurt before!) you could try taping the sticks at the bottom, on your forearms, and again at the end, near your wrists, that way they wouldn't twist and dig in?

ok, but i'm not going to try it again! at least it still hurts, when you're putting the tape away!

Quote from: GbH
I suppose I could tell you how, but it'll be more fun to let you figure it out for yourselves. :0)

:evil:   :evil:   :evil:   :evil:   :evil:
-Morpheus

donald grant

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2005, 04:43:52 pm »
All very, mysterious Mr Heathcote.  This wouldn't happen to bear any similarity to your legendary two diabolos and two devil sticks trick now would it????

Fond memories, classic skills!

Donald

ming

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2005, 04:47:55 pm »
2 diabolos, five balls anyone? just done it there easy when you know how :wink:

GbH

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2005, 08:49:19 pm »
Quote from: donald grant
All very, mysterious Mr Heathcote.  This wouldn't happen to bear any similarity to your legendary two diabolos and two devil sticks trick now would it????

Fond memories, classic skills!

Donald

*whistles a happy tune and pretends to look innocent...*

Spooned

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 12:12:18 pm »
Look at the end of this video. Some kid does it well :lol:.
Diabolo or Diablo

Vojtas

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 12:24:31 pm »
But that is something different, than we thought... What the kid's doing is easy but try to hold sticks in BOTH hands and juggle THREE balls! That's "hardcore" (at least for me...for now  :D ).
-Morpheus

nezzybaby

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 03:24:52 pm »
slightly different, but with some wide axels you can juggle two sticks and a diabolo in a regular cascaed pattern by doing hand grinds with the diabolo and spinning the sticks like clubs, sometimes the string gets in the way a bit though.

extend the idea to have 2 diabolos and 2 sticks as four object juggling, and im sure you could have a ball as a fifth object.

Spooned

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 03:46:00 pm »
Oh, i see. 3 balls 2 diabs that could get tricky...
Diabolo or Diablo

Tom Derrick

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2005, 06:01:42 pm »
I have a way of doing 4 balls and 2 diabolos. I started practicing today, and I got 13 catches.

Easy when you know how.