Author Topic: Diabolo is a trip - 2010 version for Luke's video contest  (Read 5916 times)

Nico

• Donator
Diabolo is a trip - 2010 version for Luke's video contest
« on: March 16, 2010, 06:48:22 pm »
Hey you guys !
Ok i was rewatching recently Luke's video "International juggler 2009" and his introduction to the juggling video contest he is organizing (www.calljuggler.com if you haven't seen it), and I just found his idea so awesome that I really wanted to do something with the video shots i have been taking here and there in my different trips. So i just completely reedited my video Diabolo is a trip (first released last year already) and included some new locations I went to recently and some cleaner editing.
Once again, I prefer tell that you wont find any crazy and creative trick in this... I guess I will need more time and practice to release a really relevant video regarding to the tricks for you guys. Just take this one as a postcard!
Regarding the quality, some of the scenes were shot in HD, some not coz too old (especially the ****ty tricks!!!). Anyway, I hope you will enjoy it! Oh if you wanna support me for Luke's contest, please feel free to share the youtube version!!!
Peace
Nico

Mark BMC

• Donator
Re: Diabolo is a trip - 2010 version for Luke's video contest
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 08:00:35 pm »
sweet vid man. I like the music and the new shots

Catjar

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:06:57 pm »
pretty cool.
but what happens if they think: "this guy's clearly already had a trip around the world... let's give the tickets to someone who hasn't done it yet."
that'd be unfortunate.

john_s

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 09:49:28 pm »
Loved the video, chap. Thanks for posting.
Good luck in the contest.

John.

Wis

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 10:38:15 pm »
China clips (the big wall and that huge modern building), and tahiland! amazing ones.
great video and style as i said on the previous posting

Good luck there.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 11:54:07 pm »
Very enjoyable! It really takes nerve to set up a camera in public in a foreign country and start diaboloing in front of it. But the results are clearly worth it!

bourgeois.jason

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 12:10:03 am »
Very impressive.  It's cool enough just to travel to all of those places, and it's really cool to get diabolo shots everywhere.

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 01:20:45 am »
Thank you guys! Glad you enjoyed!
pretty cool.
but what happens if they think: "this guy's clearly already had a trip around the world... let's give the tickets to someone who hasn't done it yet."
that'd be unfortunate.
Haha I thought of that :-)! But still so many stuff to see!!!

Richard

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 07:44:26 am »
That was an experience. Wow

Jasper

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 03:58:09 pm »
That video was B-E-A-Utifull :D
the pic in china and london at the end where nice  8)

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 04:24:25 pm »
Thanks for the support guys! It really means to me that you enjoyed it!

looby

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 03:28:33 pm »
This video is made that much better by having a quality soundtrack.  So good infact, I looked it up on itunes and bought the album.  Sam The Kid 'Beats Vol.1' for anyone interested, it's chilling on the roof in the summer music.

Seriously good video and a seriously good soundtrack! Brave Nico
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 01:02:10 am »
This video is made that much better by having a quality soundtrack.  So good infact, I looked it up on itunes and bought the album.  Sam The Kid 'Beats Vol.1' for anyone interested, it's chilling on the roof in the summer music.

Seriously good video and a seriously good soundtrack! Brave Nico

So glad you ve been able to look for this album Looby! It's actually the only album I listen to everyday since 3 years! Pure chilling peaceful beats... Make your day happy. I have been using more of those beats in my website too. Sam the Kid is one of the leader of the portuguese Hip hop scene.

Enjoy the album and give me your feedback Looby! (my favourites: Beleza - Vem - Até um dia - Arrependimento)

Sorry for the "a lil bit out of topic" response!

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 01:05:43 am »
(my favourites: Beleza - Vem - Até um dia - Arrependimento)

In plus "Quando a saudade aperta" the one from the vid of course! (When nostalgy arrives)

looby

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 10:26:36 pm »
Nico, thanks for the info on the artist.  This is why I love the internet, always the opportunity to discover artists I would have never heard of otherwise.

Favourite tracks.  Arrependimento (even more so for the last 30 seconds, subllime!) Fogo Sem chama, A Manha Seguinte, and Quando a Saudade Aperta are all amazing tracks.  Thanks again for opening my eyes to a new artist.

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 12:57:51 am »
Welcome Looby!
Check out his myspace, i just discovered some of his new beats yesterday!
http://www.myspace.com/samthekid
Enjoy!

Ginger_Tom

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 02:28:53 am »
You think you need another trip around the world? Reeaaaallllllllllly?

GT
Out of focus lovin', Mark_BMC you legend!

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 05:20:46 pm »
You think you need another trip around the world? Reeaaaallllllllllly?

GT

Hi Ginger Tom
well I ve been shooting this video since more than 3 years (I m french half portuguese, my actually real and long trip was to Brazil in 2008, an the places in Asia have been shot coz I m working in Hong Kong since 6 months and it s close and cheap to travel from there), and even though I feel lucky to have been able to see all those places already, I wouldn't say that I ve been that much around the world! So yeah I would definitely love to travel to new places cause it's clearly something I enjoy almost as much as playing diabolo. And if I could win such a thing thanks to my diabolos I would just like to say... What else? :-)
But as some others already said, you re right maybe this could be something taken in consideration in the contest.
I hope not!

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 03:49:17 am »
Hello guys,

As some of you showed me some support on this “competition”, I thought you would have like to know how this contest finally ended.
Just to remember, the theme of the contest was : create your own movie based on juggling. The winner would receive 2 world trip tickets.
Well, here is the winner video:
http://www.youtube.com/user/calljuggler#p/c/F4AA85ABD6CF84EF/0/-l90fepMVNs
I let you imagine how the real participants might feel.  I am actually not disappointed to have not win (I would have been happy to see this California girl win, or my friend Mike and his beautiful contact juggling video: see the links below), just feel this has been a really disrespectful joke to people who involved time and motivation to come up with something interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/user/calljuggler#p/c/76CD521EA6ADCEF7/1/7a-EIBA7djE
http://www.youtube.com/user/calljuggler#p/c/76CD521EA6ADCEF7/0/Iu3DcMevCCU),

Thanks for the ones who supported me!

Nico

looby

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 12:56:54 pm »

Luke, fancy justifying your decision? I'm just interested to know why it was chosen as the winner, I'm baffled.