Author Topic: Axle/Hub for Henry's Circus from Czech Republic  (Read 2524 times)

Wis

Axle/Hub for Henry's Circus from Czech Republic
« on: April 11, 2010, 06:36:34 pm »
The other day I was practising with some Polish friends. They are using some kind of hubs from Czech Republic. This kinf of axle are wider than normal ones, not like giant, but wide. The big difference is that they fit perfectly with the metalic center piece. There's no stair. I will try to make a picture of them. They bought them at some convenction and they are not sure about if it is possible to buy them on-line.
These axles are working great, for Vertax and fan they are awesome.

Does anybody knows them?

PS: Thay are not JC's hubs, I was checking the whole website.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Richard

Re: Axle/Hub for Henry's Circus from Czech Republic
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 09:42:56 am »
Don't know them but would be very interested in a hub that matches the centre axle perfectly!

_Rezi

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 03:50:13 pm »
Hi,

these are hubs I have done. And yes I am from Czech republic.
I do not have any on stock now, because I discontinued their production like year ago, but if you are really interested I can do new ones for you. But if I do so I would need to do more of them at once (they are done on CNC machine and to set the machine is very expensive part of production.. the more of them I do at once, the cheaper they are) . So if you find more people interested in buying those (let's say for 10 diabolos) I can produce some. The price would be 12Eur for a kit + postage

Here are few photos of hubs and rings I have done:

Wis

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 09:27:54 pm »
Sorry, I missed that you posted on the 15th.

These are a couple of pictures that I was able to get the other day. They are not as good as I thought at the moment, xD.
I am interested in getting one of this ones. you can play really far making different knots and the diabolo is still turning. The problem for me is that they were a bit heavy. Perhaps combining them with henrye´s pieces.
I am interested. But I think it´s going to be almost impossible to get 10 circus players interested. I think I should go for the French or the German forum, :P. Anyway I will try and If I get them I will write you.

If someone is interested please comment or send me a message. These hubs rock!

I think this is the dirtiest diabolo ever. Even If I thought that mine ones were pretty dirty.

Just a question. The white and the black hubs are the same weight?

seán_

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 10:16:41 pm »
How about the Akrobat hubs? (like henrys giants but with no step if giants have steps)
I think Akrobat were the first to offer replacement hubs, long before JC or Henrys themselves.
http://www.akrobat.net/shop/  then diabolo, tuning kits. come in a few different weights but I seem to recall the really light ones weren't as popular (maybe we weren't into light diabolos back then. or there were some problems with the thinner sleeved bolt and tightning - hazy memory sorry)

Wis

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 07:59:23 am »
They seem to be really similar. I think I will try with the light ones. Or some one remember if they have something wrong? I have a friend living in Germany. I will ask him. I have checked quite old post about these. But they are long as death. I have been reading 30 mins and I didn´t find anything wrong with them. But now I know a lot about JC hubs, xD.

Have someone tried the hand sticks?

Thanks for the information Sean

JC

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 10:25:49 pm »
Sean, you are right akrobat provided axles before me and Henrys.
On the other hand the first axles in Germany which were available
have been the ones from 4erlei. Akrobat copied them out of the sight from 4erlei,
and kicked 4erlei out of the market because he had better prices.
So as I know 4erlei stoped production.
If I remember right 4erlei sold them on the EJC in Svendborg 2003,
and there have been later big discussions whether akrobat is a plagiarist or not.
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

seán_

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 11:47:58 pm »
Thats right JC, forgot all about 4erli.

I'm in 2 minds about getting hung up about the plagirism tbh. If 4erli were to snag exclusivity on the replacement hub idea then as big an improvement as they were over stndard hubs we wouldn't have progressions in hubs such as the Akrobat lightened models, your own curved models, Henrys standard/allround/giant/twist and Rezis of course. Some ideas are going to be adapted/adopted and if anybody feels that they have something worth protecting then there are means to do that.

hibbo

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 08:53:56 pm »
Hello, it's been a few years since I've looked around this site and it's always a good read. 

I've been using JC hubs for many years now and have tired and bought many others such as the 'Giant' and 'Twist' hubs and have always gone back to the Ultra Light Hubs.  Although not a frequent poster (if that's the right word) I am still well versed in the swapping of equipment that used to happen at my local club (sadly disbanded a long while back) and I don't think you can go wrong with the Circus and JC hubs a winning combo.

Well that's my 2 pence worth :-)
The food in the 'Burns Unit' sucks
Haggis Neeps and Tatties