Author Topic: Updated to SMF 2.0 RC3 and error pages  (Read 4102 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Updated to SMF 2.0 RC3 and error pages
« on: April 21, 2010, 02:50:14 am »
Updated the forum software. Let me know if you find problems. If the front page looks a bit weird, do a hard refresh to get the new style files (typically hold down shift while refreshing the page).

If people continue to see blank pages with a few lines like this:
�l��N�0D���

please let me know. I think it's a server problem that's out of my hands, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, let me know what you were doing when it happened. I have been discussing it with our hosting providers and it would help to have a better idea of when and where it's happening.

Thanks

The Void

Re: Updated to SMF 2.0 RC3 and error pages
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 10:15:23 am »
Got "�������lP�J1��+���d=xYڀ���E�y�$���������݃"B_���*��:8<�t)�����^=}2x �LuJ`�SR�v k�ɫ�:��Y%�dw3ڜ2�~�X}�s��"�B����!�+�� <5xX.n�^�@C�֮�����oE�㲁!�d�l��6 �!:�u�{6A����i�ֲ��Em�fo�2�����Ǿ�����Z�?���ĕ�-�⼭� ������HZK�� " when clicking the top-of-page forum link to the homepage. Force refresh yielded the same result. 3 times. HTH.

The Void
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

seán_

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 01:48:34 pm »
Straight bookmark click to diabolo.ca/forum in chrome with username/password set auto gave giberish. refresh worked straight of though.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 01:58:25 pm »
Alright, I've found it happening on any URL on the server. It happens on the root domain Word Press install too. Server is also excessively slow at times. I have forwarded on the details and screenshots to our host's support group.

Jannis

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 05:21:18 pm »
where is the "mark all messages as read" button?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 06:17:33 pm »
Right at the bottom of the main forum page: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?action=forum

Do you mean the one that was at the bottom of the front page: http://diabolo.ca/forum  ?

I had hacked the code to add that before. If people were using it I will add it back.

On the issue of the errors, through playing with PHP settings on the server and watching the error logs, I think it might be fixed for now. Not sure why it suddenly became an issue.

Please let me know if you continue to get 500 errors.

Jannis

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 06:34:44 pm »
yes right, i´m just yousing the one on the fronz page ;)
please add it back

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 05:37:36 am »
Sorry for all the 500 errors and occasional downtime due to corrupt files. I've lost all faith in our current shared hosting. I am experimenting with building a virtual private server and if I can get it running I will move diabolo.ca over sometime soon.