Author Topic: 3D practice with bonus 2 (Hamish)  (Read 2605 times)

Toddyupa

3D practice with bonus 2 (Hamish)
« on: May 11, 2010, 07:31:36 am »
3D attempts, up to 36 ott!

Juggling.tv - 3D Practice with bonus 2

Tips? I'm thinking I need to lower my hands, cause the shuffle is fine.
pretentious 12 year old

Wis

Re: 3D practice with bonus 2 (Hamish)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 08:07:00 am »
I think you are pushing too much with your right hand, and that is affecting also to your motion on the left one. you are lifting very good but i think you can lift a bit more, but the diabolos are coming too fast so you are forced not to lift so much with you left hand. I think just calm down a bit your right hand and it will be almost perfect.
Also the stick position of the right hand...is like pointing too much to the diabolos. It should be ideally perpendicular to the plane described by the diabolos, kind of more straight. Check dodson´s hand.
It´s funny that you included me in the thanks, I will remember it in half a year when you will be doing crazy 3D tricks and I will be trying to feed any sun, xD
I like the one hand bonus.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Diabolo Dodson

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 10:11:41 am »
Starting to look good, i think this is actually a case of timing. Your left is lifting well, but it seems to be moving too fast and not completely in time with the diabolos. Watch as they lift you'll notice at some points its as if your pulling up twice for one beat. Your right hand may be a bit too harsh but all this is pretty normal when you start to get the shuffle, just a case of practice now. You'll learn to relax and will be cracking feeds in no time.

Vyckinis

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:54:04 am »
+1 for that face... :o

Mr.D

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 07:51:00 pm »
I believe the reason you missed at 36 otts was that you looked at the camera and not the shuffle :) You've really gotten better since winter, I pet you'll have 100 otts down before summer :)
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 08:57:28 pm »
Well Done!
it's crazy to think that you're able to do a sun and not the shuffle hahaha

The bonus was nice too,1:25 it's a varation of a trick i did in Awake

+1 face!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 12:25:29 am »
You're right at the magical time in your diabolo career when you're about to progress with 3 low in leaps and bounds. For the rest of your diabolo career you'll be chasing that high. ;)

I think relaxing, letting your mind get used to it, and experimenting is all you need now.

Toddyupa

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 07:02:31 am »
It feels good to hear the 3D expert (Dosdon) say that you'll be cracking feeds....

Mr D: I live in Australia, so we're only at the end of autumn. Summer is a long way off for me! Plus i didn't actually look at the camera.

Hooker: Yep, a variation.

Yes, the face...
pretentious 12 year old

Toddyupa

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 02:19:08 am »
Thanks for tips guys. My shuffle at the moment is much the same, just smaller and more consistent. Just got about 50 ott, I think that I qualify as someone tat can do 3 low!
pretentious 12 year old