Author Topic: Moving to a new faster server - expect a bit of downtime  (Read 2160 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Moving to a new faster server - expect a bit of downtime
« on: May 12, 2010, 08:18:47 am »
Over the next day or two I will be moving diabolo.ca over to a new and significantly faster and more robust server. This should fix all the errors we've been receiving.

In the middle there will be a bit of downtime. Hopefully not more than half a day, but it partly depends when the DNS changes propagate through the internet. At some point I will likely take a copy of the forum and lock it down so that any new posts don't get lost. If I go that route the forum will still be readable, but you won't be able to post. Somehow we'll all survive. There will probably also be some rough spots for the next few days as I get all the little bits working again.

This new server will cost more than the current shared server, but I think this will offer a greatly improved experience for everyone in the long run.

Sean

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Moving to a new faster server - expect a bit of downtime
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 05:13:01 pm »
Just bumping this in case people get confused why they can't post. Shouldn't be for long hopefully.

I'm freezing the forum since I'm about to move the database and any new posts would be lost.

Soon we'll have a faster server and no more 500 errors!