Author Topic: Music for a 2 minute performance. *need it for tonight*  (Read 2825 times)

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
Music for a 2 minute performance. *need it for tonight*
« on: May 28, 2010, 08:07:23 am »
Hey D.ca.

I'm going to perform tonight. I will have 2 minutes on stage and havent found any music yet. Music in the style of for example wax tailor would fit great. I've only had 2 days to get ready for it due to me being sick for 3 weeks so im a little stressed. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Ken

• Donator
Re: Music for a 2 minute performance. *need it for tonight*
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 09:16:53 am »
Hey man,

Just had a brief look through my music library and found a few 2 minute (...ish) songs.

Israel - Miles Davis 

Move - Miles Davis 

Organ Donor - DJ Shadow (this one isn't the album version. Sorry...)

Alice - Pogo

Session - Linkin Park 

Cure for the Itch - Linkin Park 

KYUR 4 TH ICH - Linkin Park 

I guess alot of these songs aren't really in the style of Wax Tailor (I'd say 'Alice' is the closest), so yeah, I apologise for that. Apologies too for the long list of songs rather than just links... I seriously need to get better with computers.

Hope this helps, and good luck for tonight!

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 11:49:50 am »
Just had a brief look through as well.

(try something a bit different?)

Again, not realy wax taylor esque, but theyve all got fairly good beats to them.

Alex abuses flys!

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 11:54:36 am »
Wow thanks guys for the help. I found out that Que Sera by wax tailor actually lasts precisely 2 minutes :D
Its possibly going to be that one but I'll definately consider yours too.

Thanks again
-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

seán_

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 01:39:28 pm »
Bit late in the day but for the future I highly recommend either learning to use some music editing software (or better still software to actually make your own songs) or finding somebody who is a bit handy at that kind of thing.

At the very least download Audacity which is easy to use and will allow you to do basic editing and some tweaking of songs (song length, splicing, speed, tempo, fading in/out etc)

It can be handy not limiting your choice of music to a track that is exactly the length of performance you are planning.

I've tweaked tracks for myself before and worked with a friend to lengthen a short edit of a tune, putting in some little cues to help me work out where exactly I was, very helpful.