Author Topic: Finesse G3 or G4?  (Read 6570 times)

MikyITA

Finesse G3 or G4?
« on: May 23, 2010, 10:13:40 pm »
Hi guys i d like to know your opinion about the two generations...
Differences?Witch is better??I ve posted this topic because i have to buy two new diabolos and i d like to buy 2 finesse.But i ve never  used a generation 4 because anyone that i know have it.I ve used only generation 3 but i wanna be sure of my gear. Please comment and give me some informations !!

Valium

• Donator
Re: Finesse G3 or G4?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:15:48 pm »
g3 or g2 (if you can still get some)
the 4. generation is pure crap (too heavy, unstable, runs out of spin very fast)

if you need new finesse gear, get some freestyle kits, they're awesome

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:13:03 pm »
Does anyone else think that too? I haven't tried the G4, but hadn't heard anything bad about them. Otherwise they had always gotten better with time (although marginally so from G2 to G3) and I assumed the G4 would follow suit. The G4, however, is the most radical departure from the original design.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 03:21:46 pm »
I do not agree at all with Valium.

The G4 is definately the best diabolo yet from mr. babache. The things you say about it being too heavy is a rather personal matter? It weighs 275 g so it's a rather normal weight? Unstable? No rather quite stable and the new (and wider) axle helps the stability alot. It holds spin fairly well and compared to my pair of g3's they are superior in every point. I would definately recommend buying a G4 instead of the older generations. The idea with freestyle kits would be fantastic with the G4 i think.

-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

MikyITA

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 01:34:46 pm »
I do not agree at all with Valium.

The G4 is definately the best diabolo yet from mr. babache. The things you say about it being too heavy is a rather personal matter? It weighs 275 g so it's a rather normal weight? Unstable? No rather quite stable and the new (and wider) axle helps the stability alot. It holds spin fairly well and compared to my pair of g3's they are superior in every point. I would definately recommend buying a G4 instead of the older generations. The idea with freestyle kits would be fantastic with the G4 i think.

-Tipper
Thank you Tipper , i was angry because i try G3 and they are awesome.Stable good material ...but i have only one serius juggle store near me and now it sell only G4. You comfort me with your words ! Now i really think that i ll take two  G4 finesse diabolo ! Thanks again man !

Florian

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 04:58:15 pm »
I've got 2 G4's, and I agree with Tipper. There good for 2 diabolo, or 3, but when you want to do excalibur,
you just don't want to buy it... (... then buy a Circus or whatever  :-D)

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 05:03:08 pm »
Does anyone else think that too? I haven't tried the G4, but hadn't heard anything bad about them
From the diabolists I know and met personally lately, nobody likes them (not that many, but all pretty skilled players)

The things you say about it being too heavy is a rather personal matter?
yeah, that's true, can't agree on the rest, especially for multiple diabolos they don't stay in line like other diabolos do (mainly because of the axle)

MikyITA

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 05:33:49 pm »
I've got 2 G4's, and I agree with Tipper. There good for 2 diabolo, or 3, but when you want to do excalibur,
you just don't want to buy it... (... then buy a Circus or whatever  :-D)
Thank you for the info. I m agree with you because when i ve tryed with a G3 the vertax i didn t do it well. For vertax i think that a henrys jazz it s pretty good. Infact after two G4 i d like to buy a jazz :-D
Bye Florian thanks again !

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 09:16:25 pm »
Is it just me or is this thread filled with statements that are going to confuse people that aren't familiar with all diabolo gear in detail?

- The G4 is about 10 grams heavier than the G3 but is still one of the lighter diabolos on the market at about 265 grams.
- The G4 is shaped more like the Circus than any previous model. So, to say it's worse for excalibur and you should go with a Circus instead seems confusing to me.
- How can it be "bad" for excalibur? So far I don't think there's a diabolo on the market that some vertax/excalibur god doesn't think is the best. I highly doubt this is the first case. They'd have to have messed it up pretty badly.
- The official purpose of making the G4 was so that it would spin longer. Did they really get it that wrong to do the reverse? (it is possible)
- The Henrys Jazz is a 4 inch diabolo. That's a pretty big difference. Most people are going to find it harder to do excalibur (or anything for that matter) with a smaller diabolo. Unless you are under the age of about 8 or like to diabolo in fast-forward (e.g. Langerz) you're going to find things easier with a 5 inch diabolo.

MikyITA

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 12:15:38 pm »
Is it just me or is this thread filled with statements that are going to confuse people that aren't familiar with all diabolo gear in detail?

- The G4 is about 10 grams heavier than the G3 but is still one of the lighter diabolos on the market at about 265 grams.
- The G4 is shaped more like the Circus than any previous model. So, to say it's worse for excalibur and you should go with a Circus instead seems confusing to me.
- How can it be "bad" for excalibur? So far I don't think there's a diabolo on the market that some vertax/excalibur god doesn't think is the best. I highly doubt this is the first case. They'd have to have messed it up pretty badly.
- The official purpose of making the G4 was so that it would spin longer. Did they really get it that wrong to do the reverse? (it is possible)
- The Henrys Jazz is a 4 inch diabolo. That's a pretty big difference. Most people are going to find it harder to do excalibur (or anything for that matter) with a smaller diabolo. Unless you are under the age of about 8 or like to diabolo in fast-forward (e.g. Langerz) you're going to find things easier with a 5 inch diabolo.
Hi thank you for the info.It is difficult to find people that explain you somethings so well.I m  talking about You and Tipper too.Thanks guys !

LiamOS

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 04:47:04 am »

The reason people think it may be 'worse' for excalibur is due to the material of the cups. I've found that my G4s grip the string far more easily than my Jazz or the Circusses I sometimes use. During excalibur, this can cause the string to wrap much more easily in my experience.

I'd also definitely disagree on the G4 being worse than the G3. I've only used the G3 a handful of times, but I wouldn't have thought it much better in any way. Granted, preference could decide, but it's a much smaller difference than there is between say a G4 and a Circus.
Dibolos in fast forward.

nick bonnes

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 03:50:42 pm »
G3 is lighter, the axis of the G4 is thicker and the edge of the G3 is a bit thicker...
Here a picture, you can see the differences...

http://www.ofekshilton.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/dsc_0174ofekshiltoncom.jpg

ImCrazy

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 04:07:46 pm »
Well... I do use G4 and previously used Henrys Circus and to be quite honest I have no favourite, I use the Finesse G4 just as much as the Henrys because they feel pretty much similar in every way. Apart from corrections with 2D (Which are slightly easier with the G4). And as far as the G3 V.S G4 goes I think they also both feel pretty similar. But its all about your own preference. See if you can try one of each if you live near a juggling store and whichever one feels the best or most natural. Choose that one.
Hope this helped :D

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 04:36:37 am »
Also, just to link up these two topics:
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=7980.0
(more photos distinguishing the generations and discussion)

creature420

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 01:41:43 pm »
i used to only use circus's i really didn't like finesse even with the weight kits they seem'd too light.
the other day i found a super good deal on butterfingers on the new G4's so i figured i'd get it on concept, i fitted 6g weight kits too them both and i gotta say there perfect ! i can use them for much longer than the circus's without my arms aching they seem to spin nicer, and somehow i feel more confident using them !
oh and also i named them "Phil and Lil !"