Author Topic: Learning 2 diabolo! keeping the shuffle going  (Read 49632 times)

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
Re: Learning 2 diabolo! keeping the shuffle going
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2010, 09:56:15 am »
you dont have to use your right hand the most. I learnt the biggest part of my tricks with a left dominant shuffle. just shuffle the way it works for you.
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Diamono

« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2010, 11:12:44 am »
Ok this is maybe stupid question, but are shuffle hard when you can do it? Do you need attend to that thing? :w
Welcome to visit in my diabolo site at http://diamono.nettisivu.org -

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2010, 01:42:27 pm »
Ok this is maybe stupid question, but are shuffle hard when you can do it? Do you need attend to that thing? :w

When you get the motion down, you can shuffle with your eyes closed easily.
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Diamono

« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2010, 09:12:40 pm »
ok, thanks.  :-D

Diabolique

« Reply #164 on: June 28, 2010, 10:23:47 pm »
i have finally conquered the shuffle  :-D
now what ? :-|
im thinking , whats the best trick to start off trying / failing , badly ?
ninja!:

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2010, 10:05:46 pm »
learn to control and manipulate the shuffle as much as possible. speed it up, slow it down, stop it completely! (this is really hard) you need the diabolo spinning at exactly the same speed. but most importantly learn how to control the tilt of each diabolo completely. so go from making them both tilt forward to both tilting backwards.

then learn accelerations.  lots of them.

work on tricks that keep the diabolos moving. so forget stop overs and stalls for now learn suns and mini columns and ping pong and best of all learn 2 high
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

seán_

« Reply #166 on: June 30, 2010, 02:21:07 am »
i have finally conquered the shuffle  :-D
now what ? :-|
im thinking , whats the best trick to start off trying / failing , badly ?

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=378

Old thread but aimed at people who have got the shuffle bit sorted and are looking what to do next

Diamono

« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2010, 04:49:11 pm »
Hi! Two weeks ago i got my second diabolo (Finesse). In first 2 diabolo training day's evening i managed the suffle going ~10 seconds. I can't do it longer becose second or both diabolo(s) tilt and they fall then. What i'm doing wrong becose my diabolos tilt that fast? I can't manage to correct or speed up any diabolo, becose when correcting and touching the diabolo i can't continue the suffle or diabolo goes more tilted. When speeding up i can't do the wrap becose second diabolo falls then when doing it. Or are i'm doing the suffle wrong? HELP, thanks.

(SFMBE.)

seán_

« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2010, 05:41:48 pm »
keep having a go at the shuffle, you need to get some kind of shuffle before you can realistically correct.

With one diabolo what makes a diabolo tilt? what might you be doing in 2d to make it tilt?

Mr.D

« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2010, 07:18:06 pm »
A diabolo will only tilt if something is forcing the axle to change its direction, i.e. the string or the sticks are rubbing the cup. When the diabolo has low speed it is more sensitive because forcing the axle to change direction consumes less energy, so if the diabolos have very little speed, the even just a push of the string on the cup at every 'push' or 'lift' can make it tilt.

:)
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

Zac

« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2010, 05:17:44 am »
Please help me my 2 diabolo shuffle keeps failing! I have practiced for about 3 hours and don't feel I have made any progress. I can start the shuffle fine but it starts to get smaller and smaller. I am doing most of the work with my left hand by flicking it over onto the string and rolling it down. My shuffle seems very flat. does anyone have any tips for improving it? Thanks a bunch -Zac
NotSoNoobie   TEEHEE   
''Practice makes progress, perfect practice make perfect.''

finesse

« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2010, 07:28:11 am »
Well, if you are going to learn something advanced in diabolo, its not sure that three hours will give you progress.
What sorted out my beginner shuffle was reading this entire thread, try every advice it had, and after three of four days, i finally got it, due to constant diaboloing xD
My tips is to have your right stick loose, and not move it, and only drive with your left hand at first.
Keep your stick tips facing each other ( if that makes any sense :-| )while learning it.
Try 1D around the leg, there is so many brilliant ways to learn this, but i would guess the most important one is to get enough speed on both diabolos.
And when you practice, remember big achievements can only be reached with hard work.
Good luck on your shuffle Zac   :-D

Zac

« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2010, 10:50:24 pm »
thanks a bunch finesse! I feel so close to nailing it!
NotSoNoobie   TEEHEE   
''Practice makes progress, perfect practice make perfect.''

finesse

« Reply #173 on: August 19, 2010, 04:13:09 pm »
You`re welcome :D

deo97

« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2011, 02:54:51 pm »
hey guys ive been trying to learn 2 diabolos for a while now (but not solidly) and ive been doing the hover start.  whenever i wrap the second diabolo in and start spinning, it starts moving to a different angle. (not tilting of the cups, the whole angle of the diabolo) Ive tried puttting it in at a different angle then let it rotate into the right one, but it doesnt seem to work.  whenever i do get it to work, the cups then tilt.  i cant find any toturials on correcting, and im also really bad at it any way. :s somebody help or give me tips?

thanks

NicholasTo

« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2011, 11:03:20 pm »
Do you mean the diabolo you wrapped was turning clockwise (looking from the top)? Start it with the front cup facing to the left side and upwards a little bit and unwrap the diabolo when it is about at the correct angle. It is normal for the diabolo turning clokwise(and tilting) in hover start (I have this problem since I learnt 2D). Also, the hover start should not last for so long (It is hard to control when you have just started learning 2D), once you get the feeling and the diabolo is about the correct direction, you can unwrap it and have a try on the shuffle. These video may help you:
I'm not the person in the video :P

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/tancle/4664193 Also not in this video :P

http://www.diabolotricks.com/2Correction.htm

deo97

« Reply #176 on: June 28, 2011, 01:11:46 pm »
thanks for that.  im slowly but surely getting the hang of it.  but if one is at a different angle to the other i find that really hard to fix  :-| .  anything on that that might help me?

BruceM

« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2011, 03:46:23 pm »
thanks for that.  im slowly but surely getting the hang of it.  but if one is at a different angle to the other i find that really hard to fix  :-| .  anything on that that might help me?

what preciselly help do you need? i am not shure that i understood you, but i wanted to help you.