Author Topic: Blacklight> white or glow diabolo?  (Read 8562 times)

Arjan

Blacklight> white or glow diabolo?
« on: November 20, 2004, 06:49:42 pm »
Wich diabolo is better for blacklite?

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 07:01:01 pm »
I don't think a white Henry's would be visible under UV light, and my white renegades definitely aren't.

Luminous diabolos respond well to UV light - they will glow in the dark, or will glow even more brightly under UV light.    Flourescent props will look really good under UV light, but will be invisible with no light.    

I think a luminous Henry's would be the only Henry's that would look good with black light.   Any non-white renegade looks great, and I'm not sure about finesse, but I think they may well be UV responsive.  I'd hope for the vendors to be able to tell you if you need to check before buying.

And the yellow Henry's string is amazing under UV.  The green doesn't show up, I don't think I've tried the orange.

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
Re: Blacklight> white or glow diabolo?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 08:07:33 pm »
Quote from: Arjan

When is this for? 1994?
Luke

Martijn

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 08:08:19 pm »
Me was the reason why Arjan started this topic. :wink: I saw the yellow string of Henry's glowing under UV light (blacklight) yesterday. It looks really awesome! :D  Now, my question to Arjan was: How does a white or a Moon (glow-in-the-dark) MB Finesse respond to UV-light? I want to buy 2 Finesses gen2 soon! So, maybe someone could tell me what UV-light can do to white Finesses and/or Moon Finesses?
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

seán_

Re: Blacklight> white or glow diabolo?
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 08:24:00 pm »
Quote from: Luke Burrage
Quote from: Arjan

When is this for? 1994?

Don't you know blacklight is the new white (or orange) ;)

Seán_

p.s. Are the standard yellow, orange and pink finesse UV friendly?

Tom Derrick

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 07:40:00 pm »
I know that the yellow Henry's diabolos are UV friendly. I expect that some of the other Henrys are good in UV as well.

Martijn

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2004, 08:26:02 pm »
But how about the white Finesses... and the Moon Finesses :?:

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2004, 08:35:55 pm »
The 'moon' diabolos are apparently phosphorescent (that is, they're luminous, as opposed to flourescent), so will shine very brightly under UV light, and will also be pretty bright in the dark as well.  If that's what you're looking for, they'll be a lot better than the white ones.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 08:47:40 pm »
Quote from: barnesy
The 'moon' diabolos... will shine very brightly under UV light, and will also be pretty bright in the dark as well.  If that's what you're looking for, they'll be a lot better than the white ones.

And if you're looking for anything else: get the white ones. They look much better the rest of the time. The moon finesses turn into this light brown colour after a while and when they're at all dirty they don't glow very well or very long. The white ones are extremely white.

Martijn

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 08:53:10 pm »
Okay, thank y'all very much! I take the white ones definately! :wink: Any effect with UV-light on the white ones?

I don't take Moon, because 99% of the time I'm not diabolo-ing (is that a word?) at night under UV-light :roll:

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 09:04:36 pm »
You could diabolo while you're topping up your sun tan, Martijn.  It could be the new craze!   :D

I'm getting interested in the Finesse now for some reason - I guess I've just heard too much mention of them.  I may well be in the market for a few of the new ones when they come out!

Martijn

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2004, 04:10:21 pm »
Yeah, great idea :wink:  :P

The white Finesses are very very white I've heard a few times.. so maybe (like washed clothes) these will become a bit purple in UV-light! That would be cool if you use yellow string too! 8)
But however, I'm buying 2 white MB Finesses gen2 :-p

kragen

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 12:59:15 am »
the yellow finesse look VERY cool in black-light :) found out while waiting for my queue in a show I did recently, its a real shame that the lights didnt stay black else it would have looked wicked.

The yellow string looked well cool too.
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.