Author Topic: NEW Yoho "ELECTRO DIABOLO"  (Read 4153 times)

William

• VotW Contributor
NEW Yoho "ELECTRO DIABOLO"
« on: October 05, 2008, 02:40:46 am »
I decided to check out the yoho website spontaneously and came across this:

http://www.yoho.com.au/electro_diabolo.htm
It actually looks decent! I'm tempted to buy one, emailed the guys to see if I could order direct (doubt any of the local toy stores will have them in for a while, and they're possibly pricey..)

Video Promo - Right click/Save as..
Yeah, the skills on the video aren't that good. But the diabolos actually look great!
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

monkiatzu

Re: NEW Yoho "ELECTRO DIABOLO"
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 03:12:45 am »
wow
how very interesting
ive seen one of these a while back in a vid but didn't know what they were
hmm
i doubt it would exceed $40 aus as ther not that big
but they look really nice, excellent for night play
anyone bought one yet?

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 03:21:59 am »
I've played with them, there is a shop in Austin, TX called Toy Joy that has been selling them for quite some time, they're bundled with some kind of carbon fiber type stick with a wooden stick stringing system. One of my friends has a couple.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 03:29:07 am »
Those sticks are fibreglass actually.
How do they play Eric? Do they look/feel good?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Aaron Z

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 10:27:59 am »
OH GOD, NO!

The Australian National Geographic stores in Australia are usually the first to stock YoHo stuff here, and they've already got these diabolos. The price, if I remember correctly, was $29 AUD.

A small group of people from my school went and bought some cheap YoHo gear after a few demonstrations, and two of them had these. They SEAMT alright, looked pretty neat. The cups are a strange, partly translucent firm plastic. The LEDs are very bright, and are a little visible even in daylight.

A gave 'em a go just 2 weeks ago, and unfortunately, they don't play as well as they look. They were extraordinarily heavy for diabolos of their size, about 4". They were like Sun-weight.

The diabolo is also rather unstable, the cups don't have any weight concentration on the rims, and the axle is just a short cylinder of metal, no groove for the string to sit in. This means the string sometimes sits too far forward or back on the axle, causing the diabolo to randomly tilt.

I assume the stability problem would be an even bigger pain for multiple D, but the other owner wasn't willing to let me try hers out.

As for the YoHo sticks, they have to be the worst pieces of crap in existence, as far as fibreglass sticks go. They're actually more like soft wood than fibreglass, when I owned a pair AGES ago, one of the two snapped in half after seconds of chinese-snaps with Finesses.

Horrible sticks, bearable diabolos (For beginners, anways.)

nev

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 03:53:11 pm »
The diabolo's are crap - the sticks even worse - but the LED's are very nice and will fit on any standard bolted diabolo - Fly, Sun, Circus etc.  I have the LED's fitted to my transparent Suns.

I bought 3 just for the LED's - the diabolo's and sticks went straight in the bin.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Aaron Z

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 04:01:02 pm »
What did that cost in comparison to 3 sundia LED kits?

Can they be put on taibolos?

nev

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 04:59:56 pm »
A discount shop (TKMax) had them in a few months ago on clearance for £9.95 each   Took the LED's off and thew the rest away - so basically £10 for a light kit.

& Yes they fit taibolo's (any diabolo with a standard bolt type design)
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

monkiatzu

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 01:33:19 am »
my first diabolos wer yohos and  no how bad the sticks are
after about a month the grips start sliding off, especially when the string wraps up, you find the sticks and diabolo over the fence in your neighbors pool but at least you have two crappy foam rubber grips in your hand..
absolutely pathetic
the string also comes out 2cm before the end of the stick so goodluch with infinite suicides etc
but ill admit for beginners its reasonably good, economically wise mainly.
but for intense diaboloists its a joke
im not going to get started on the axle
ill leave it there :)

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 06:09:04 am »
Haha. Taibolo rainbow light kits eh.. Its almost worth it.