Author Topic: Cleaning diabolos  (Read 49203 times)

Aaron Z

Re: Cleaning diabolos
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2008, 03:17:56 am »
WOOOOOOOOAH!!!11one

A long time ago when I used my White finesse a LOT, it got incredible marked-up smacking into other diabolos and dirt, things like that.

Last night I got some cotton discs, completely soaked them in Acetone (Nail Polish Remover, really) and with only one firm wipe I could clean a perfectly white stripe down the cups.

Maybe 2 or 3 minutes later, I had a completely restored finesse. The same method also worked perfectly for one of my Green Suns, which had picked up an unsightly purple streak from rubbing against some vinyl chairs. Two or three wipes and it was gone.

Acetone is GREAT for cleaning diabolos, Suns and Finesses, anyways.

The3DevilsGuy

« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2008, 03:23:38 am »
ive tried cleaning my finnese alot of ways but none worked. thanks for the info.   :)
Trevor Lampson

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2008, 03:30:49 am »
My idea which I haven't tried as I don't have a working vice -

Put a drill in a vice upside-down (aka poor-mans lathe) If you don't have a lathe, just try holding the drill.
Put the diabolos bolt in the wrong way, then clamp it in the drill so the cup sheilds the drill.
Turn the drill on to a moderate speed.
Wipe the diabolo with a a scouring pad dripped in acetone with small circular motions.

I'm trying this with my brutally dirty finesse when I get the time. I think it should work decent.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

JimmyCords.

« Reply #123 on: October 04, 2008, 06:08:36 am »
Hmm diabolo on a lathe.... Lazy mans way to get awesome speeds?
Say Whaaaat?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #124 on: October 04, 2008, 06:50:40 am »
Your wish is my command.

William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Aaron Z

« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2008, 03:59:16 pm »
Niiiiiiiiice. Who are these geniuses?

Midoryu

« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2008, 11:56:06 pm »
This thread is starting to sound more and more like an infomercial thread..."Windex" this and "Goof Off" that...

For me, I used "Wet Towelettes" (the packaged napkins you get from airline meals).  Not worth the try, as it's like you need 2 times the elbow grease to clean your diabs off with 0.1000000001 molar of acetone...
If you juggle and you know it, do [insert complex siteswap notation].

monkiatzu

« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2008, 04:59:18 am »
lmao you guys use chemicals,
that sounds pretty good actually, but im too worried about my suns
the way i do it is get one of those rubbers (eraser) with the side that rubbs out pen and sit there for hours rubbing off black marks which i obtained from cupboards, the tv etc
asitone... hmmm ill give it a try one day

Aaron Z

« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2008, 04:09:23 pm »
My dad just now mentioned to me that acetone eats all the oils and moisture in your skin, which explains now why I don't have any fingerprints and the palms of my hands are peeling like PVA glue.

Wear gloves if using acetone.