Author Topic: Diabolo light kits (Ev. 4, Vega, Diabglo...) DANGER  (Read 62226 times)

Martin

Diabolo light kits (Ev. 4, Vega, Diabglo...) DANGER
« on: November 20, 2004, 11:02:00 pm »
mod edit: moved from Blacklight> white or glow diabolo?

What do you think about this then?

Diabglo Web Site

A Diabglo spining

the UV green is actually sick, the LEDS are UV too, which react with the string and then ive got these home made sticks (under construction) which have UV tape on the top and bottom with UV marker pen on them.

Ill see if i can get a picture from this Sat Nite  :wink:

safe as!
100,000 lemmings can't be wrong

seán_

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 11:40:32 pm »
I've seen these online before (and I have seen posts elsewhere asking about them but nobody knew anything about them). Martin will hopefully be letting me have a go of his soon so I'll know what the score is.

I've used henrys with lights (bit heavy) and the lights for finesse (not as nice as the ones for henrys) so it will be interesting to try out a different light based diabolo.

Does anybody use or have any thoughts on diabolo lightkits?

Seán_

Matt Pang

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 10:43:50 am »
I use the Finesse light kits quite often, i think they're good because they don't add much weight to the diabolo, but a bad thing about them is that they are very exposed to being damaged, and i also found that sometimes when dropped the batteries can "pop" out of their little socket, took me ages to work out why my light had gone out when it first happened! I do really like the traces they give though, because of the way the LED's are, great for photos!  :wink:

Cheers

Matt P

MattF

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 11:14:24 am »
so are the lights an add-on or a completely new diabolo?

murifri

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 03:42:36 pm »
Right now I'm using two luminous henry's with the VEGA LED kits.  The weight can get a bit much over time but as the batteries don't last that long your not likely to be playing with them for massive chunks of time.

The kits are retrofits that you can add to the diabolos that they are designed for.  I've also seen someone use a henry's LED kit in a Mr. Babache Harliquino but that was just stupidly heavy.

You get the most amazing photos on long exposure my avatar is one of my favorites.  I got loads more on my computer just taken in my living room.

milka

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 11:57:14 am »
What you can do with a Finesse :

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 02:11:05 pm »
Sweet pics, do a stopover on each side and it makes a heart shape!
Theres got to be some other funky pictures from light kits, some sprinkler sun stuff would look pretty phat.

kragen

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 03:42:31 pm »
wow, ive just decided to get 2 finesse rather than a second harlequin, so I might have to get some lights to go with it too now :D
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

murifri

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2004, 04:27:27 pm »
here are some of my pics from two and one henrys Circuses with the VEGA kits.

I'm sorry if the files are a bit big and take long to load or if people have any problems.

Should we start a diabolo art section??

Arjan

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2004, 05:29:11 pm »
Quote from: murifri

Should we start a diabolo art section??

Yes, but not only with these kind of images, but with general things I think. Drawings, photo`s, whatever... neat stuff.

seán_

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2004, 10:36:42 pm »
Quote from: seán_
Martin will hopefully be letting me have a go of his soon so I'll know what the score is.
Seán_

Thanks to Martin for letting me have a go.

They are sized between jazz and circus, they feel quite heavy, kind of between harlequin and performer.

The Bells are clear (with a green tint) and are flexible. Martins were a bit squared off but still ran well mainly due to the weight I think.
Being clear you should be able to see them when they are in the air, which I know can be a problem with some light kit setups.

The axles are the same ones that come with MB Rubberkings so they work well, the cones are wider (one had become chipped but was still usable)

Martin said some problems he had was because they turn on through motion some times they would turn on in his bag and the battery life is not too hot. (oh and the chipped cone but he could send of for a replacement or buy some from butterfingers i think)

They cost Martin about £20 each, they were nice enough to use but maybe not for your only set of diabolos. I'd consider getting if I was feeling a bit flush.

seán_

Babache Light kits
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2004, 12:52:43 pm »
4 days and I have allready managed to break a LED loose :)

I was thinking of soldering it but I'm not so good at that. I had a word with the shop who supplied it and they said that I could send it back for a replacement which is sweet.

I was wondering if it would be worth trying to protect the light kits maybe even using the see through packaging that comes with the kits, I don't think this would affect the balance (any more than the light kits themselves). any thoughts?

The light kits themselves are nice (not as nice as the Henrys ones) and bring the finesse to a nicer weight (imho) its a pity that they are a bit exposed.

Yoda

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2004, 04:23:08 pm »
Hey, I have made my at home, they use 4 Hi-blue leds, and a 3v battery (the same you use on computers)on each side, I spent less than US$10 on both (R$30 in brazil),  I'm going to make one with UV leds for my Circus Glow (Which arrives in january 17 +-),  If I get a digital camera I can make a tutorial and post here...

Its pretty simple to make, all you need is to know how to solder, and to sink a pcb on acid...

[]s
Lucas Machado

seán_

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2005, 03:42:17 pm »
can anybody help
Static in his search for Vega light kits in the US?
http://tinyurl.com/5q3kr

kragen

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 12:41:17 pm »
wow - nice photo's

Yeah they are a little exposed - the light kits, someone else I know broke them but he went to the bristol juggling convention and the butterfingers stall had an opened kit with only one side in it, so they sold it cheap.

I would have a go at making a kit myself, but I cant see anything I can make being any more robust :(
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

seán_

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2005, 12:55:38 pm »
Quote from: kragen
wow - nice photo's

Yeah they are a little exposed - the light kits, someone else I know broke them but he went to the bristol juggling convention and the butterfingers stall had an opened kit with only one side in it, so they sold it cheap.

I would have a go at making a kit myself, but I cant see anything I can make being any more robust :(

I could believe me. http://www.diabolo.morha.com/e.htm then check out diodes  maybe something along these lines?

diabololi

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 07:59:01 pm »
That's a nice site seán! I was sure I invented transfers though  :( . Oh well, at least I worked them out by myself  :D

Oli

Martijn

Finesse's light kits (Evolution 4)
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2005, 04:13:12 pm »
Hey,

I'm planning to buy 2 light kits for my red Finesses (G2 \:D/ ), and I want to have some information about it. Does someone here on the forum has any experience with it? Who can tell me some advantages and disadvantages about it?

I want to buy one red light kit, and one yellow light kit. Then, I'll mix them up (just like you can do with the cups of a diabolo) Is this okay?
Otherwise I'll go for 2 yellow ones...

And what's the *normal* price (in euros)?

Thanks in advance :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

seán_

Re: Finesse's light kits (Evolution 4)
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2005, 12:33:57 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
Hey,

I'm planning to buy 2 light kits for my red Finesses (G2 \:D/ ), and I want to have some information about it. Does someone here on the forum has any experience with it? Who can tell me some advantages and disadvantages about it?

I want to buy one red light kit, and one yellow light kit. Than, I'll mix them up (just like you can do with the cups of a diabolo) Is this okay?
Otherwise I'll go for 2 yellow ones...

And what's the *normal* price (in euros)?

Thanks in advance :)

I quite like them but they arent a patch on the vega kit.

They are a bit exposed to damage, in fact I have sent one of  mine back to the shop they came from to get a replacement.

Out of the box I had to do a bit of playing about to get one of them to work as the battery was a bit loose but that was easy enough.

Unless you have good reason I'd go for two red ones as they are much brighter (imho) when used with red finesse, I havent seen what white ones look like!.

I quite like the added weight they give to the finnese and they are about £11 so thats something like 16 euros in the UK

Martijn

Re: Finesse's light kits (Evolution 4)
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2005, 01:03:08 pm »
Quote from: seán_
Unless you have good reason I'd go for two red ones as they are much brighter (imho) when used with red finesse, I havent seen what white ones look like!

I wanted yellow lights, because most people have red LEDs, that's just so ordinary :P I don't know how yellow ones look like in a red Finesse, but I think (mixed up with a red side) it looks pretty cool.  8)

Thanks for the info m8! :D
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl