Author Topic: Diabolo light kits (Ev. 4, Vega, Diabglo...) DANGER  (Read 66536 times)

seán_

Diabolo light kits (Ev. 4, Vega, Diabglo...) DANGER
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2005, 01:15:23 pm »
I found personally that the light did not come through the shells as well with the yellow through the red shells, this made it a bit harder to use than my red one with with red leds but still better than using henrys where you cant see anything. I think the yellow look nice enough to people watching though.

does anybody know if it wouls be possible to swap the colours of leds for ones bought from an electronics shop (say to mix colours or have some unusual coloured ones) or will there be some kind of elctronic handicap to this?

Rusty

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2005, 04:13:41 pm »
For swapping you need to investigate a bit. LEDs have different behaviours and need different voltage to work. But with a bit of investigation, it should not be a big problem.

Rusty, Norway

GbH

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2005, 11:08:29 pm »
Here are my first attempts at this diabolo-art thing.  All use Diabglos.

This first one is taken straight from the camera and was actually the first shot I took.  I forgot to try any movement, but I quite liked the way it came out.

This next one was an amalgamation of several different trails, each of which looked fairly similar to those seen in previous posts.  However, I stuck them through a PSPro effect and got a weird graffiti-type thing.

This final one came from a shot of 3low, which just ended up producing a big mess of colours.  After cropping it down a little, I just added the weave effect to make it look a bit more interesting.  I did nothing to the colours or patterns themselves.

Guy

Hoop

Spin tip
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2005, 04:03:22 pm »
I was messing around with different spin techniques yesterday and I found something that helped me a lot.  I thought some other members here would find it useful.  I'm know that the diabolos with patterns printed on them are useful as well, but lighted diabolos really help you see just how much spin you are getting.  I'm not sure about the vega or finesse light sets, but I was using a diabglo and it shows up very well.  It's more difficult for me to see how fast a solid color diabolo is spinning and the patterns on some diabolos tend to blur together after a certain speed.  With Diabglos however, you can see the LEDs at all times.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2005, 11:34:32 pm »
Has anyone tried the light kits with White finesses?  I was just wondering about the shells on them, and MB say that the light doesn't come through a blue Finesse (which is fair enough, they're pretty opaque) but I wondered how the light went through a white one.  Is the white opaque, or does is still have some translucency (sp? or even a word?).  In comparison to a yellow or red finesse, what would people say it is easier for light to get through?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2005, 12:43:03 am »
The whites are about as opaque as you can get. They look fine to the audience but from the performer's perspective you might as well be blind.

I think red, yellow, orange, pink, or moon (glow) are all good choices for translucency.

Does anyone have any opinions based on experience or physics as to what colour combinations (LEDs and diabolo colour) work best? The LEDs are currently made in yellow and red, right?

seán_

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2005, 02:21:28 am »
I know some people might think this is a really idiotic idea but here it is anyway. I was wondering if drilling small holes, say close to the rim of an opaque diabolo (circus / harlequin / white or blue finesse), might allow you to see a band of light that would help you see the diabolo.
I  know the babache lights light up the bell, I'm not too sure if the henrys ones are do to the same extent.

(probbably get an annoying whistle as well)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2005, 02:57:12 pm »
Quote from: seán_
I was wondering if drilling small holes, say close to the rim of an opaque diabolo (circus / harlequin / white or blue finesse), might allow you to see a band of light that would help you see the diabolo.

I've met people who have done this. Seemed to work well and the diabolos were no worse off.
Quote from: seán_
I  know the babache lights light up the bell, I'm not too sure if the henrys ones are do to the same extent.

If I remember correctly, the henrys cups don't get lit up at all; however, the lights are a bit stronger so you can see the light coming out of the sides a bit better.

lev_lev

Diabglo video online
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2005, 02:36:35 am »
hey

read the thread with interest, and found this little vid of the diabglo
(NB with added colours) in the diabolo section, the second diabo-LU-mineux video down

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/petit-lu/

direct link:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/petit-lu/stock/DiaboLUmineux.wmv

looks ok, but the long exposure photos work much better with Henry's Vega LED kits or the Mr Babache finesse...

Lev
-------------------------------------------------------
Check out flair bartending at:

www.hoyit.com
--------------------------------------------------------

eggy900

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2005, 09:05:54 am »
does anyone know what will be different with the new finesse light kits and when they will be available? i can't seem to find any information except the several shop sites that say new ones are coming soon.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2005, 12:05:06 pm »
I believe the improvements are that they will be less breakable unlike before (with batteries flying out and led's going), and that the ability to recharge them is also an addition so you don't need to keep buying button cell batteries for when you manage to keep them in long enough that they run out.  If they're stronger, then they could be worth the purchase.

Chiok

eggy900

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2005, 12:51:22 pm »
oh yeah, i heard somewhere that they are re-chargeable, that'll come in handy. Hopefully there might be some new colours.

arnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2005, 01:14:48 pm »
hi just thought i'd point this out. i fitted my henrys light kits to my finesse
diabolos and they fit fine. had to use the henrys bolt though to attach them but there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with them. the advantage is that you get a lighter diabolo to use with your henrys kits.

steve arnold

p.s the only down side is you have to use uv cos the light doesn't show aswell through the cups. unless you are THAT good  :lol:

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2005, 07:30:33 pm »
Since Henry's are opaque, I don't suppose they thought about having an LED pointed at the cup to illuminate it.  I know Henry's light kits are better quality and have a huge number of lights, they cost so much!  About the same as the Finesse that it is attached to!

Chiok

arnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2005, 01:48:17 am »
That was the problem, I couldn't see my henry's at all in the dark! they don't UV so can't illuminate the cups that way and obviously they dont illuminate themselves. through desperation and not wanting to feel completely cheated out of my money i popped them on my finesse's, jobs a goodun.

i haven't seen the finesse light kit prices but i thought compared to buying say programmable globalls it was a relatively cheap investment.

Spooned

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2005, 08:58:50 am »
Quote from: arnie
hi just thought i'd point this out. i fitted my henrys light kits to my finesse

But can you fit finesse kits to a circus? Yes i know im cheap but what can you do. Also are you saying that you cannot see your cups when you fit the light kits to circus'?? That seems like a waste of money to me :?
Diabolo or Diablo

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2005, 11:56:06 am »
Circuses are very opaque so light won't shine through them.  Though I do believe the Henry's lights are really quite bright so kinda make up for it that way.  The Finesse light kits I believe were £12 and the Henry's are up to £28!  Though you do get 5 more LEDs.

Chiok

arnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2005, 12:11:03 pm »
Quote from: Spooned

But can you fit finesse kits to a circus?

don't know about that, i don't see the point because it would have the problem of not being able to illuminate the cups.

i suppose technically you could, i don't have a finesse kit so i can't try.

to xfirebladex: i rekon the henrys kits look better in terms of the numbers of led's but the illuminated cups of a finesse are better than just a spinning set of led's.

does anyone know how to make the laser diabolos that mark nizer and martin mall use? these actually shoot beams over the audiences heads!

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2005, 10:18:05 am »
Is that true that there is going to be new generation of finesse leds?
And when they´re going to be out?

Sorry bout my bad english but I´m quite tired and almost in hangover...

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2005, 11:10:32 am »
Quote from: Elmeri
Is that true that there is going to be new generation of finesse leds?  And when they´re going to be out?
Yes there will be as MB say and if you notice, hardly any retailers are selling the old ones anymore in preparation for the new ones.  They say spring 2005, then summer 2005.  So who knows?  We're all still waiting for the Evo 2 and the new sticks.

Chiok
(though I saw in the lil pamphlet you get with the Finesses, that Evo 2 would be out end of 2002, maybe I missed it)