Author Topic: WJF 2005. Who's going?  (Read 14813 times)

Matt_

• Donator
WJF 2005. Who's going?
« on: July 21, 2005, 08:23:48 am »
every major juggle fest gets a thread with a name and a purpose similar to this one, and this evening i was browsing the WJF website and i said to myself, hey, no one has made a WJF thread yet!

it's only July, and the competition doesnt happen until December, but that doesnt mean it's too early to begin signing up. in fact, prices are going up August 1st (unbelievable, i know).

it's $425 for hotel and convention plus $30 for the banquet (for now). i'll see what types of transportation i can figure out to get there...perhaps a carpool, perhaps a plane, i don't know (i'll be living in San Francisco by then...any bay area jugglers want to go?). but this is something i am definitely looking into and....well, are you? 8)

Chiok

• Donator
WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 10:36:16 am »
Oh, wouldn't I just love to.  But at approximately having to set myself aside £600 - 700 for the event just to take me, my girlfriend would kill me wondering why she didn't get anything for Christmas...  Its pants it costs so much and the fact my gf isn't really into juggling, she doesn't wanna go and it's kinda selfish of me.

Maybe the WORLD Juggling Federation could come to London...?  (Just like the IJA will, [probably never])

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 02:45:04 pm »
Me and my brother are planning on going, mostly cus we can't go to any european festivals over the summer, cus we're in this youth circus, and we'd like to see the MFP again.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

norbi

• VotW Contributor
WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 03:22:19 pm »
me me me. who knows, i might do a little better in the diabolo  :wink:
As for the french posse, i am pretty sure Priam isnt going this year, i dunno about the rest, who knows.

Tom Derrick

WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 04:39:30 pm »
I'm going, as long as I can raise the money before plane ticket prices become extortionate.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 04:42:03 pm »
I wanted to go and compete(haha, i will get so owned by those others). But, i dont have the money for it, and I doubt my parents will let me go. Hopefully next year I have the money and better skills. :D
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Matt_

• Donator
WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 09:37:43 pm »
Jacob and Nate: it'd be nice to see you guys, long live American diabolo! plus, you guys are basically the same age as me and are impressively good >_>

a question for people from last year (norbi, sean, et al): how many diabolo competitions are there? i'd compete in perhaps a beginner to intermediate compeition with diabolo...im no pro :p

norbi

• VotW Contributor
WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 09:53:41 pm »
sorry Matt, just the one. I don't even know if its open to the public, it was invite only last year, but you'll have to wait and see.

Matt_

• Donator
WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 12:34:49 am »
ah, i thought so. not much of a priority is put on diabolo it seems  :roll:

another question...

it says that it's December 15th-20th. and then it says the hotel stay is 6 nights. I'm assuming that the hotel stay is the nights 15-16-17-18-19-20...or does it start on the 14th?

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 04:31:15 am »
for the hotel and convention package is it a one person room or how many can it sleep? Will it still be 425 for 2 people?  or is it $850 *shudders*  maybe when I'm older, sigh...  I wish... You lucky people, Consider u guys fortunate  :evil:

norbi

• VotW Contributor
WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 12:16:09 pm »
yes the 14th aswell*, as a lot of people will get there the day before.

No it wont cost that much, one convention/hotel package and then just 1 more convention package for the second person, then be sure to add their name to your hotel booking. Rooms can have a few people (the most i heard of last year was 4, but maybe there was more) and ofcourse they will pay half the hotel package aswell, so its all cheaper.

*dont hold me to that, i just remember complaining last year that everyone would get there early and have to pay for another room, so he let us all have night before for the same price as the rest of the week.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 01:39:16 pm »
Some competitor videos are online. I hope Ryo films some new stuff for his.

Enjoy...

web

Who's going to the WJF?
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 05:27:34 pm »
I'm going with some of my family.

Norbi: I can't wait to see your rings stuff in competition.  I am thinking about beginner rings but I'm afriad no one else will try and I'm not good enough for the next level.  Which competition are you doing?

Matt_

• Donator
WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 06:20:15 am »
i was gonna go. i had the money ready and everything. my mom shot down my hopes though, gah.

i already made a thread on it though, no one showed much interest...

JonyJ

WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 07:35:13 pm »
Where does it take place?
:)))))

Matt_

• Donator
WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 04:56:27 am »
it says on the website but ill repeat it....Las Vegas, Nevada

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
wjf
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 01:21:50 am »
Well, I'm/we're going, Norbi's going. Who else??

http://jugglingcompetition.com/
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Punkerpanda

WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 02:39:59 am »
i wish i could go but my family and i are going snowboarding that week.
i need to meet more jugglers, michigan has so few diaboloists

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 02:49:47 am »
hehe, I thought I had it rough with massachusetts, but I'm discovering that there's a good group who are pretty good (Andy S, Mithew, JJJ7, Nathan, others not on the forum).
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Nathan

WJF 2005. Who's going?
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 03:31:36 am »
Damn I wish I could go. The date is no problem, but the distance could be. It's really the money. I can't shell out that kind of dough for a juggling convention. I would so love to go.

By the way (or rather, flagrantly off topic), it isn't all chance that you have good diaboloists in your area. I personally have taught three kids my age to run a two diabolo shuffle. And Jacob, you taught me my three diabolo shuffle. Or at least got it a helluva lot more solid. Don't just wait around and hope a diaboloist will pass your way.